Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64
N
N
ROFL!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
L
L
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Im sending you a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, RQ. That's chocolate. Hersheys are sour and taste like feet. All Brits try Hersheys in the states and its never a good experiment.

uh uh. whittaker's chocolate - now that's chocolate! their dark choc pepperment block is yummmm! made in nz, by nz-ers, and they haven't made their bars smaller and raised the price like cadbury laugh (no offense to the queen's chocolate!)

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
N
N
Are you trying to say Cadbury is furrin candy? Next thing I know, you'll be saying that Toblerone isn't American, either.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Hersheys are sour and taste like feet. All Brits try Hersheys in the states and its never a good experiment.

indie. I brought a bag of Hershey chocolate back to the office in the UK. One person put a piece in her mouth and actually spit it out into the trash and went running to the restroom to wash her mouth out.

I thought you guys were supposed to be polite.

smile

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

B
B

You should listen to this radio clip the BW is pregnant and her WH's OW is pregnant. The BW and WH do not live together. Dr. Harley says if both spouses are on board with MB in 35+ years it has always worked. If both aren't on board it will not work.
Radio clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I
Originally Posted by Neak
Are you trying to say Cadbury is furrin candy? Next thing I know, you'll be saying that Toblerone isn't American, either.

Cadburys in the US is actually made by Hershey. Made the vast mistake of buying a Hershey-made Dairy Milk in the states!

So no, it isn't foreign!

Originally Posted by pokerface
One person put a piece in her mouth and actually spit it out into the trash and went running to the restroom to wash her mouth out.

I thought you guys were supposed to be polite.

smile

Oh poor thing! My reaction wasn't THAT violent. The same thing happens when you give British chocolate to continental Europeans. They think were phillistines who don't understand chocolate at all! I guess the chocolate you fall in love with as a kid is the chocolate you love forever smile

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by Letty
made in nz, by nz-ers, and they haven't made their bars smaller and raised the price like cadbury laugh (no offense to the queen's chocolate!)

No you're right it is a disgrace that only some cadburys is made in UK, the rest in Poland. They got taken over by the evil Kraft a few years ago! The chocolate that inspired Charlie and the Chocolate Factory owned by Kraft and made in Poland!

B
B
I hope if kiss comes back we didn't t/j his thread too bad. smile

Welcome back kiss. smile I hope you see the radio clip I posted for you about Dr. Harley saying both spouses have to be on board with MB for it to be successful. In 35+years he has seen it be 100% successful when both are on board.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
If Kiss comes back, he'll know we were waiting for him. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
For today's culinary adventure, I think I'm going to bake some melt-in-your-mouth Danish bread that I recently learned how to make. Anybody else hungry?

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
I
I
Neak, you are trouble.

I want to lose weight and I've already scoffed tonnes of chocolate and marshmallow since you hijaked this thread.

Now yummy bread? I'm already heading to the kitchen for pain au chocolat and I blame YOU

N
N
flirt Always glad to help. Maybe I'd better wait till later to post the recipe.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
Please listen to these radio clips on just compensation to give your BW.

Radio clip on Just compensation at about the 5:30 mark
Segment #2

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

P
P
I doubt he'll be back. He was never serious about recovery.

N
N
He's not remotely serious. When he is, he'll be back. And we'll be waiting.

That may have sounded ominous. It's not....necessarily. grin

Seriously though, when he reaches the place where he understands that he's ALREADY LOST HIS FAMILY, chances are good that we'll see him on here again. His M is by no means hopeless yet; he needs to understand the gravity of what he's done.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
He's not remotely serious. When he is, he'll be back. And we'll be waiting.

That may have sounded ominous. It's not....necessarily. grin

Seriously though, when he reaches the place where he understands that he's ALREADY LOST HIS FAMILY, chances are good that we'll see him on here again. His M is by no means hopeless yet; he needs to understand the gravity of what he's done.
I sure hope so for RQ and those kids and for himself.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
I do, too. The window keeps narrowing for this thing to be saved, and still things keep coasting along toward Niagara Falls. It's still possible to row safely to shore, but it's way closer to the Point of No Return than I like to ever see anyone go.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
I do, too. The window keeps narrowing for this thing to be saved, and still things keep coasting along toward Niagara Falls. It's still possible to row safely to shore, but it's way closer to the Point of No Return than I like to ever see anyone go.
I know, right.

It's scary to watch from afar.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
Especially when we know how amazing things could have been already.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
Especially when we know how amazing things could have been already.

Exactly.

I keep hearing the clip I posted of Dr. Harley saying in 35+ years the MB program is 100% successful when both spouses are on board.

It's like when you give your kid's advice and they go out and do their own thing and then come back wishing they had listened to you.

I tell them "welcome to making your own choices and learning." Part of being a parent and more frustrating when it's adults that you're dealing with. smirk

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation