Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
How are you doing, MIM?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
How are you doing, MIM?

Please listen to these radio clips on Plan B and how important and IM is.
Radio clip on Plan B and IM
Segment #2
Segment #3

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Have you ever attended an AlAnon meeting?
I ask because you describe your ex as an alcoholic.
Dr Harley encourages spouses of alcoholics to join AlAnon.
I myself have benefitted immensely from it.
The problem with alcoholics is that it is a disease and you can bang your head against the wall trying to understand their actions.

G
G
MIM,

BTW, by going dark with your ExH you may have started the unraveling of his relationship/affairage with OW.

By allowing him to abuse you for years you have provided him with an outlet for his need to have someone to blame. Now this blame will be focused on OW.

Heck, since your ExH is likely in sexual decline while OW is 38 and hot to trot, help it along by sending OW links to ashleymadison and other assorted hook up sites.

God Bless
Gamma

M
OP Offline
M
Not so good...it has been a rough two weeks. I failed to follow all of your good advise....and have been trying to appeal to reason, love, family whatever....I think hoping to get perhaps an apology or some semblance of compassion with the man that I loved and supported throughout his military career and before.

But no chance. All I have gotten was abusive responses from him and an abusive comment with a bill from his OW. And this was all in response to an inquiry as to why his child support has not been paid in June and July.

In addition he flew in and went to the child support office and told them I don't know what....because I got a woman from there calling me with a horrible demeanor...saying that I haven't informed my ex about my son't college plans (he flew in and talked to the coach and visited the campus the day after we went and I had told him we liked it). And to top it off, he was invited to attend a big Change of Command Ceremony where our friends took over the wing command. He of course loves to throw that in my face. It did hurt!! And he knew it would. In addition to that...my daughter has to go back to a doctor visit in CO...and she is in summer school...so can only go for an overnight trip. I can't afford to fly, so she asked him for a buddy and he said no. I wanted to drive, but no time. So her dad was going to take her....but she found out tonight that the OW is taking her...and she hates that...and there is nothing I can do.

I went in for redos on my mammograms and had an ultrasound....the radiologist cked it and said that it was fine and to make sure to get one next year...then this morning...the base called and it was up to me if I wanted to see a surgeon....or I could wait until next year and have another mammogram....so a little worried about that.

And finally...today...I got a weird call from an old pilot friend who was looking for may ex's address so that he could invite him and his wife to a pilot reunion.....amazing....we used to be fairly close...I gave his wife two baby showers.

It is just kind of piling up.....being broke, struggling to help the kids financially, having to work 6 more years, trying to figure out how to pay bills.....it is depressing.

Formerly: Miserynmissouri
Military Marriage of 21 years..together 26.
Four beautiful children: 28,26,21,19 ExH 58..numerous affairs, alcoholic
Married "soulmate" 20 years younger; Divorced 10 years, still trying to understand and Move ON!!!
M
OP Offline
M
Sorry, it is late...and I just read what I wrote...I am really whining.

I have been working out every day. I am determined to lose some weight. I have been eating really healthily....and for the first time....I am the only one home....and I am starting to relax and kind of enjoy it!!

I have been walking about 4 miles a day...except for today...because my foot really hurts today...bu that is going pretty well. I started out this summer with big ambitions for getting this house in shape...and that hasn't gone quite as well. Sometimes my attitude has been...who cares...no one is going to see it anyway...so at the moment my house is NOT spotless and eventually I will get to organizing some things.

I have been going out with some friends and have been doing some things by myself. I went to the movies by myself the other day...a first, I think. I went to the fireworks by myself after a dinner with friends also.....So the adjustment to having everyone gone has been strange...but not devastating. Just wanted you to know.....i am not totally losing it! smile

Married "soulmate" 20 years younger; Divorced 10 years, still trying to understand and Move ON!!!
M
OP Offline
M
Brainhurts,

Thanks for those links...could easily relate to their message.....he is right on target with his advice...I think he is right also....the romance and admiration was long gone in our ralationship...he concentrated on work and I had the kids, school, work and his squadron support group. We were so busy....and the kids and my life revolved around his schedule and the kids activities....

M
OP Offline
M
Dear HDW,
No, I never did go to Al-Anon,

I should have gone years ago...especially when he was really out of control when we lived in Plattsburgh, NY.....he was afraid it would ruin his career. Supposedly, he has quit drinking...but have seen him on Facebook in some pretty wild situations in bars with woman dressed in leather....you get the picture. Seems like he is drinking again. If he is, I don't know how she puts up with him....he is totally irrational when he drinks...and he doesn't know when to stop.

M
OP Offline
M
Gamma,

What great advice...you are right....they are united in their bellief that no matter what the situation...I am the cause of everything!!! It is amazing...

They have a huge facebook personna....one of my daughters wondered who they were trying to impress...they acted "worse then love struck teenagers"...all four kids are embarrassed by their pics and statements on Facebook.

Ok...starting tomorrow...I am going to do better in deleting myself from their world. Gosh...it is hard to do!!!

B
B
So what is your plan to go into Plan B from your ex?

If you have a plan and follow it you will feel so much better.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
My plan is to not look at Facebook stuff, react to only what I have to legally....and go through child support. This past month has proved to me that he is incapable of feeling anything but hate towards me for whatever the reason.....I am tired of dealling with it.

B
B
Originally Posted by movinoninmo
My plan is to not look at Facebook stuff, react to only what I have to legally....and go through child support. This past month has proved to me that he is incapable of feeling anything but hate towards me for whatever the reason.....I am tired of dealling with it.
I would block him all together.

On child support, do you go through the state or AG?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
Originally Posted by movinoninmo
I think both of you have great advice. I think part of me still hopes that he will at least be cordial. I should know better. He is always disrespectful and rude....and makes the stupidest comments. It doesn't matter the situation.
I can't win...no matter what is going on, I have made the wrong decision; I don't know anything about college (I have only helped with 4 going to college); I pick the wrong cars....Yesterday he said something like "You must be lonely in that big house with everyone gone. You should focus on exercising...never one of your strong points". Things like that...Ouch...Could be I have been too darn busy raising our kids....anyway, I guess at times, I still look for the man I married, the one who stood beside me at our retirement.I am not sure why it still bothers me.
MIM, you need to be in Plan B with your ex. Permanently. He is toxic to you.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
I go through Family Services for the State of Missouri. They don't do much though. It has been two months since he paid this time.

For some reason that I can't figure out, he pays to the State of Florida, who then pays MO....the problem is that Florida has different child support laws, so they withhold the money. It is always a mess to figure out. At this point, the State of MO has an inquiry in with Florida. That will take another couple of months. It is so stupid.

It is not like he can't pay either...he flies with Delta. He and OW fly all over the world on fantastic vacations all the time. Pretty sad tho for a number of reasons.

It will be difficult to pay college tuition this fall and all the encompanying expenses for the start of school.

K
K
Have you suggested fastweb to your college student? It's a website dealing with scholarships. You have to fill lots of stuff out but it can really help.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
You have been divorced for 10 years and still crave his approval?
Isn't that called co-dependency?

Your ex is an alcoholic?
Why do you want him to be different?

You can only change yourself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation