Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
B
B
In 24 hours the block should be lifted and you can keep sending messages. Just space them out, wait 1-2 minutes to be on safe side.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Right, but the problem is the very first one I did - I got this message. So my question is if you just randomly message someone who you have no connection to, does FB automatically block your message?

B
B
Originally Posted by Melo12
Right, but the problem is the very first one I did - I got this message. So my question is if you just randomly message someone who you have no connection to, does FB automatically block your message?

Did you read this from the exposure thread?
Originally Posted by rainysweet
Ah, shucks, Melody blush

I kinda thought I was breaking the rules a little actually, but it was far better for me - Look at it or don't. I didn't want the burden of sending out proof, and too many people were questioning and doubting with the unbelievable facade this little skank has kept up for so long. I would guess most people would not have sent me a request for proof and may have believed her garbage. But I think most people would click on a link that no one's gonna know about, just to see. And then it's right there in their face, they chose to look at it - I didn't force it on them. What are they gonna say?

Then they go to OW's page and read her, "There are no words . . . thank you, friends, for not believing such vicious lies." think

I also blocked my friend list and photos and everything on fb, but I left it so people could send me private messages if they wanted to - all while looking at the sweet profile picture of my family. Didn't want to totally hide, but stand behind what I said. The one unbelievably nasty message I got, I blocked that person ASAP, after sending her a quick pleasant reply. "Thanks for your opinion. Hope she doesn't come after your husband! Have a great day." (Thanks, BrainHurts for that ingenious response! I would have been at a loss without you!)

Oh, and you know what? I think it was actually a blessing that it took me 3 nights to expose to everyone. In fact, if you can survive on no sleep for days at a time, I might suggest it, breaking it up into 2 or 3 nights. She blocked her friend list after the first night. (Lucky for me, I followed the "save it to a word doc" advice). She had me blocked before then, so I'm sure it played with her tiny mind to wonder how I got access to her list in the first place???

I sent out a whole slew of new messages the second night. Freaked her out a little more, I think. And then the third night . . . and I finished up this morning. So it came in waves - more people seeing the garbage, bigger and bigger tidal wave coming. Feeling of dread building up in her . . . "who knows what this psycho BW will do next?" 'Bout time she had to feel some of that horrible feeling. She sure knows how to dish it out.

Wish you all luck!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Also this.
Originally Posted by rainysweet
So I exposed tonight. I have no major insight, except that I would say DEFINITELY space your messages at least 60 seconds apart (and maybe every 10 or so wait a bit longer). I got shut down, sadly:) Still got quite a few done, but I wish I'd been able to do more. So I don't know what the difference is with some people saying 30 seconds, or you can do a few close together. Didn't work for me. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Good luck!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you BH as you have an amazing help on this. I will try again but what I am saying the very first message I sent was blocked and I got the 24 hour message. I will space them apart if I can get the first one to go through, which is where I ran into the problem.

Also, so I need to post "proof" on my page? I was hoping to just get the message out and tell them to contact me.

J
J
Melo
Are you sending these from an established facebook account?
If it is a new account Facebook will block you.
If it is new you need to verify it with your phone a d get friends in order to send messages to people

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes - brand new as of yesterday. I did verify via phone and have 9 friends. I can get a ton more but have been ignoring them since I'm not really wanting FB.

Maybe there is a "waiting period"?

J
J
There may be one.
Facebook has been tightening down on "advertisers"

They have a screening process to protect their members from spam.

There is another way. You could pay someone to "blast" expose the affair.
For $5 you can have someone do this. Go to fiverr.com.

Does anyone else have an established account you can use?

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't want to put someone in the middle as that would put them in a bad spot.

Using a pay site is ok I guess but doesn't that make it/me look less credible and really look like junk/spam?

J
J
Wait the 24 hours and see if the message goes through.
I had the same problem.
Usually if you phone verify it takes care of it

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It is working(I think). Maybe a 24 hour grace period for new FB users? I have no idea how to tell if they are going through but I'm not getting the spam/error message.

I'm so freakin' nervous doing this! About half way done.

J
J
I've been there.
I know how you feel.
You're doing the right thing by exposing.

H
H
Keep up the great work...expose and kill this affair!

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It is done and I am mentally exhausted. OM did not have a lot of contacts so not sure of the fallout. Thank you everyone for your help, motivation, and assistance. At least this was something I felt I had control over. I didn't tell OMW I was doing this but am sure she will know. She sent me a last message that she needs to "go away" for a while (she's so upset over all of this). I feel so bad for all involved but know I did everything I could to save two families.

There is no way these two can make it last, but I can't worry about that any longer. It is time to move on.

Thank you all, again.

M
M
It is working(I think). Maybe a 24 hour grace period for new FB users? I have no idea how to tell if they are going through but I'm not getting the spam/error message.

Bravo!! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Bravo!! hurray
DITTO!
Good job, my friend. hurray

Did you get through all of them?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
I am, no luck - am not sure if I'm blocked for the next 24 hours as I keep getting that same message.

She is not, but am concerned OM might be as he knows I'm here (my WW told him I am here).
Go to a different computer and set up a fake account.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

B
B
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I am, no luck - am not sure if I'm blocked for the next 24 hours as I keep getting that same message.

She is not, but am concerned OM might be as he knows I'm here (my WW told him I am here).
Go to a different computer and set up a fake account.
Bliss he already exposed and got the messages to send. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J
Good Job!
You are shining light on a dark deed.
Now my wife was furious when I sent my Facebook messages.
She was mad for weeks !
Her affair partner was too, as was his co-dependent wife (very sad)

But you helped kill the affair AND now others can know to guard their marriage against this jerk.

M
M
Bliss he already exposed and got the messages to send.
I posted too fast smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation