Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
D
dec Offline
D
Originally Posted by unwritten
I have been exactly where your H is.

I was waiting for my WH to behave in the way that best case scenario waywards on this forum behave. Pulling out ALL THE STOPS. Making it their life's work to recover their M's and do everything that is humanly possible, whatever it takes, to heal their BS's from the pain they had caused.

He didn't do it.

He committed to R. He had NC with any of his previous AP's. He gave me complete transparancy. He followed any EP's I put in place.

He did NOT seem to put any effort into reading MB materials, principles, forums, etc. or educating himself on what it would take to recover our M (I did). He did NOT post on these forums (I did). He did NOT come to ME and say 'are there any details about the A's I have had that you need to know that you have not had answered?' (there were, only every time I brought it up he seemed so put off by the fact that I would continue to bring this up that I felt guilty for doing so and therefore I didn't bring them up and they festered). Although we had discussed him taking a poly many times he did NOT go forth and make a poly appt and take one. He did NOT pull out all the stops. He did NOT 'chase me' and make me feel like he was 100% enthusiastic about our R and dedicated to doing whatever he could to heal me and make me the treasure of his life.

I, in turn, continued to lose love for him because of this. I got to the point where I was apathetic about him. I wasn't mad anymore, or considerably hurt. I just wanted it to be over.

I am not sure what accumulation of events happened to turn him around. He did and now he is finally driving the recovery bus. He is coming to me to plan UA time, discuss our EN's and how well we are meeting them, make sure he is doing the right things. HE is making sure our UA time is met, not me. HE is planning our dates, not me. HE researched, made an appt for, and took a poly. HE, is driving the recovery bus, not me.

I felt like my WH did not take it seriously. I felt like he did not expend all his effort to recover this M. He expended some, like I said. But I wanted to see efforts of GRAND proportions. I wanted to feel like our M, our recovery, my healing was the #1 thought on his mind every day. And I did not. I felt the efforts he was making were efforts that anyone would make to sustain a good M, not efforts a TRULY REPENTANT WS who had completely devastated his spouse would make to make amends. That is the difference.

I don't think its too late for you, but you must act fact, because once I was in the state your H is in, I was ready to go.

Have you made recovery your #1 goal in life? Have you pulled out all the stops and done everything your BH could ever need to heal from this? Have you answered all of his questions openly and honestly, have you maintained complete NC, have you followed all EP's to the T? Have you proactively discussed his feelings about this, planned UA time and been adamant about following through with it, planned date nights, made him feel like making amends to him is the foremost thought on your mind? Have you worked your A$$ off to meet his most important needs?

I am guessing a big NO to those questions since one of his simplest requests, that you continue to post here, seems to have been too much for you.

Very nicely stated...

H (me) = never wayward; age = 51; occup = attorney
W = never wayward; age = 49; occup = law office admin
Faith = Lutheran
S = age 20
S = age 19
D = age 17
Married 1990, first for both
Prior User Name "dec810" Marriage Builders 2001
"Evil will flourish, when good people do nothing"

dec #2645211 07/12/12 01:05 PM
C
OP Offline
C
ml, i asked my husband what things i could do that would made him feel the most loved. he thought it was a great question and wanted to think about it today and discuss tonight.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
On the road to recovery with 20yearhistory
C
OP Offline
C
br, i have no eason, just excuses. i realize that i really do have to step up my game before it is too late. i am responsible to fix this terrible mess i put us in.

i have no idea what ^^^ means??

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
C
OP Offline
C
gamma, husband has told me before that he has his questions answered. he asked many quesions and i was open and honest with him. as to the exposure, my husband exposed it to his entire family.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
C
OP Offline
C
dec, the post was very nicely stated from unwritten. i appreciate you posting it. it really makes me realize that i do need to do so much more before it is too late.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
B
B
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by clearmind
I know this sounds crazy, but other than the huge issue we are dealing with, i feel the happiest i have ever been in our marriage. We are closer than ever.

Did you say ^^^ to your BH? I hope not.

^^^^ means to look at the quote above...it's like pointing to this ^^^^ Make sense?

Did you tell your BH, "I know this sounds crazy, but other than the huge issue we are dealing with, i feel the happiest i have ever been in our marriage. We are closer than ever" or something of that nature?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
C
OP Offline
C
br, my husband and i both have discussed how in some ways, certain aspects of our marriage are better than before. i am not the only one that feels that way. he has told me the same thing. is that bad??

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
C
OP Offline
C
unwritten, my depression mostly seems to happen when my husband is down/depressed. i get depressed because i know i am the cause of it. i try very hard not to let it show because i don't want my husband to have another issue to deal with. he has enough already on his plate.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
B
B
br, my husband and i both have discussed how in some ways, certain aspects of our marriage are better than before. i am not the only one that feels that way. he has told me the same thing. is that bad??

No, it's not bad but it also depends on how you say it. Delivery is important. A BS's ears are very sensitive to a WS's words. If you said you felt close to him or closer than you have in a long time that's one thing but if you used words like this: "I know this sounds crazy, but other than the huge issue we are dealing with, i feel the happiest i have ever been in our marriage. We are closer than ever"...as a BS I would be very angry and hurt that you used those words.

Last edited by black_raven; 07/12/12 01:51 PM.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
ml, i asked my husband what things i could do that would made him feel the most loved. he thought it was a great question and wanted to think about it today and discuss tonight.
When he tells you listen and take notes. Write it all down do you can go back to it.

Do not interrupt. Listen.

Then thank him for being honest. A nice hug and kiss would probably be nice also.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
he thinks i do not have a plan.
I don't know what this means. YOU don't have a plan? He doesn't feel he should participate in setting a plan? Why?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
mb, my husband asked me what my plan was. i told him marriage builders principles, step up my meeting his emotional needs, increase ua, and make amends with his family. he didnt seem satisfied with that. he hasnt actually said anything about his plan. he feels that i should be the one driving the recovery. which i do agree with.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
B
B
mb, my husband asked me what my plan was. i told him marriage builders principles, step up my meeting his emotional needs, increase ua, and make amends with his family. he didnt seem satisfied with that. he hasnt actually said anything about his plan. he feels that i should be the one driving the recovery. which i do agree with.
So when he was to sit down and tell you what he needs from you.

What did he say? Did you take notes?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
OP Offline
C
bh, thanks so much for the suggestion of writing it down. i definately took notes! it all prety much boiled down to him seeing me making effort and being proactive (besides the meeting his emotional needs). he liked seeing me make notes. thanks again.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
B
B
bh, thanks so much for the suggestion of writing it down. i definately took notes! it all prety much boiled down to him seeing me making effort and being proactive (besides the meeting his emotional needs). he liked seeing me make notes. thanks again.
You're welcome.

So now that you know what is your plan?

I wanted to quote Pep's wonderful advice to you earlier in your thread again.
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Also, my H would ask me every day "Is there anything I can do for you today?" That level of concern & care DEMONSTRATED on a consistent daily

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
OP Offline
C
bh, i am stepping up my efforts in driving this revocery train to a happy and fulfilling marriage with my wonderful husband.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
B
B
bh, i am stepping up my efforts in driving this revocery train to a happy and fulfilling marriage with my wonderful husband.

So what actions are you going to take?

Are you setting up your UA time? You? Are you making the plans? Doing things he would enjoy?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
OP Offline
C
bh, i am posting on marriage builders, currently reading hnhn, proactively asking him if his needs are being met. i printed up a calendar yesterday to start scheduling ua time. i am currently working on finding a baby sitter(we have never had a babysitter and our families live out of town). i have made plans for our date night next saturday. we are going to do something we have never done before and i think we both would enjoy. recreational activities have never really been an issue for us. we both enjoy much of the same things. we made a list last night of things we can do after the kids go to bed. we have been doing puzzles but are getting burned out on that. is there anything else you suggest i should be doing??

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
B
B
bh, i am posting on marriage builders, currently reading hnhn, proactively asking him if his needs are being met. i printed up a calendar yesterday to start scheduling ua time. i am currently working on finding a baby sitter(we have never had a babysitter and our families live out of town). i have made plans for our date night next saturday. we are going to do something we have never done before and i think we both would enjoy. recreational activities have never really been an issue for us. we both enjoy much of the same things. we made a list last night of things we can do after the kids go to bed. we have been doing puzzles but are getting burned out on that. is there anything else you suggest i should be doing??
Very good.

So this is all in the past two days since he told you he was done?

Have you asked him today "is there anything I can do for you today?"

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
OP Offline
C
bh, i had already starting reading hnhn prior to this and had already made arrangements for our date night next weekend. i have not asked him that question today though.

me 43 fww
spouse 44 bh
DS 9
DD 7
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation