Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
T
T
Originally Posted by Melo12
So POSOM filed a police report against me for the exposure!

How do you know OM filed a report?

Police can't arrest you for telling the truth.

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Police called me to tell me they are filing a report.

POSOM called and harassed me 2 months ago and I called and filed a report on him. He in turn called and reported me; saying I was the one calling him (completely false). The officer said not to contact him again, to which I replied I never have and I assume everything was dropped.

I'm not worried about being arrested for this crap, just wondering if there's experience with what to expect.

Z
Z
I'm not a legal expert but I'd be curious to know what he's claiming? How have you harassed him? By telling the truth?

The good news here is that you are getting more and more confirmation that your exposure hit the target. He is twisting in the wind with rage and embarrassment. EXCELLENT.

Hold steady. I don't see his legal action going anywhere. Telling the truth is not a crime.

Z
Z
Also, it's interesting that some of the people who've contacted you from his side are implying that he will eventually go back to his wife. His wife must be in her own fog and somehow thinking that if she were a better wife and all that blah, blah, blah he wouldn't have strayed. She is drinking his wayward koolaid, which is sad but not your problem.

Now people know what's happening with them and that he is the one destroying everything. His BW is probably getting more support and strength because of your exposure and he's going to have to deal with the public pressure to return to her (since he seems to have implied that to anyone who had an inkling of what's going on here).

You're doing great work!!

T
T
Hang in there Melo! Take care of yourself.

In the meantime, make sure you have all your important papers locked up: passports, kids' birth certificates, social security cards, etc.

Also, what are you doing to protect yourself financially? Joint credit cards? Joint bank accounts? You can't be the one funding this affair.

Be smart. Be tactical. Don't act on emotion. You do not let your emotions get the best of you.

Calm, cool, and collected. Your mission is to destroy this affair while protecting yourself and your kids.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
G
G
Melo12,

The officer said not to contact him again

Just picket his funeral parlor with a god hates adulterers sign, lol, but don't talk to him.

Given the analogy to Westboro you might get the local TV station to show up.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 07/19/12 04:42 PM.
M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by zibbles
Also, it's interesting that some of the people who've contacted you from his side are implying that he will eventually go back to his wife. His wife must be in her own fog and somehow thinking that if she were a better wife and all that blah, blah, blah he wouldn't have strayed. She is drinking his wayward koolaid, which is sad but not your problem.

No, he is a compulsive liar and is telling people this to throw them off the scent. He is not going back to his wife and she told me she wouldn't take him back after this. However, she's not talking to me after my exposure so I can't help her.

Thanks for the support, it means a lot and has kept me motivated and positive.

Spoke with my attorney and he laughed it off. He said worst case is a misdemenor but doubts it will go anywhere, so I will hang strong.

So get this, one of his "friends" and I have been sharing emails this week. She said the POSOM tried to get her to run off together a few years ago. She wanted nothing to do with him and wishes she would have exposed him then. What a piece of work. My WW will eventually have this same thing happen to her by this serial cheater. Yet another good reason I'm so glad I exposed this piece of trash.

M
M
Is there something wrong with what you told everyone?? grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Have you been told exactly what law was broken? A misdemeanor for what?

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
Hang in there Melo! Take care of yourself.

In the meantime, make sure you have all your important papers locked up: passports, kids' birth certificates, social security cards, etc.

Also, what are you doing to protect yourself financially? Joint credit cards? Joint bank accounts? You can't be the one funding this affair.

Be smart. Be tactical. Don't act on emotion. You do not let your emotions get the best of you.

Calm, cool, and collected. Your mission is to destroy this affair while protecting yourself and your kids.

Thank you, doing my best to be strong. It consumes me but trying to focus on work as best I can, which is probably the only area I am struggling. Eating, sleeping, and exercising so I'm good. Can always find another job. Emotions are in check as I am not speaking to her at all; just arrange kids via email. That is what I need right now as I can't even look at her.

Financials: I made stupid decisions early on (before I landed here) but quickly corrected and cut off the bank, credit cards, etc. so she's been on her own - or on his dime.

I think I have everything under control so moving my focus on the kids; they now need 100% of my focus.

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by TigerWes
Have you been told exactly what law was broken? A misdemeanor for what?

My attorney hasn't heard back yet. It is not for exposure but the officer who called me mentioned it, so POSOM obviously was bothered by it. I believe harassment since I wasn't supposed to contact POSOM. He tried to file a report against me a few months ago for "calling him" (which I never did). The officer gave me a warning and said don't call him again. I sent POSOM an email last week; no threats, just that they both discust me. He needed to hear it from me.

H
H
No worries...you are doing GREAT!!!

Exposure is simply telling the truth -- if the affair partners are so proud of their relationship, they would've announced it to the world -- and that truth has killed this affair.

Take care of those kids...and YOU!

V
V
Can you afford a billboard? Now would be a really good time to ramp things up.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

D
dec Offline
D
I believe harassment since I wasn't supposed to contact POSOM. He tried to file a report against me a few months ago for "calling him" (which I never did). The officer gave me a warning and said don't call him again. I sent POSOM an email last week; no threats, just that they both discust me. He needed to hear it from me.

If you have a court order in place not to do something, you need to adhere to it. Willfully violating a court order can put you in contempt of court, and in most states that is a felony. It usually doesn't get there in this scenario, but depending on your Judge, you should make sure you abide by the court order. Your attorney should be able to guide you in this matter.

H (me) = never wayward; age = 51; occup = attorney
W = never wayward; age = 49; occup = law office admin
Faith = Lutheran
S = age 20
S = age 19
D = age 17
Married 1990, first for both
Prior User Name "dec810" Marriage Builders 2001
"Evil will flourish, when good people do nothing"

J
J
Focusing on your kids is a GREAT decision.

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by dec
If you have a court order in place not to do something, you need to adhere to it. Willfully violating a court order can put you in contempt of court, and in most states that is a felony. It usually doesn't get there in this scenario, but depending on your Judge, you should make sure you abide by the court order. Your attorney should be able to guide you in this matter.

No, nothing like that is in place. The officer said he was going to be moving ahead with filing charges yesterday. My attorney put a call into him so we will see. I'm not worried about it; initially thought it had something to do with exposing but that's not the case.

I will keep posting for updates and advice. Found out late last night that my WW is going back to work for him again.

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
An update that my attorney spoke with the officer and no charges will be filed; however I cannot contact POSOM (which I have no intentions to). He told the officer he is suing me civilly for slander and libel which I'm sure is just BS and I'm not at all concerned.

I am not speaking to WW at all right now and trying to move on with life. Still trying to let go and begin to heal which is very hard; would be easier if I knew they were feeling the affects of this, but need to stop letting that consume me.

Thank you all for the support and advice and I will keep posting if there are relevant updates. Just not sure there is much else I can or need to do; it is exposed so the cards can fall where they may.

H
H
Ha, ha...would love to see POSOM try that case....don't worry about him any longer.

Keep updating...exposure did the necessary damage -- if it's not over already, this thing will die soon...

God Bless.

V
V
He told the officer he is suing me civilly for slander and libel which I'm sure is just BS and I'm not at all concerned.
LMAO! Nor should you be, and if you're thinking your actions haven't been effective, then just look at the lunatic backlash that is occurring. And with no foundation of truth or merit whatsoever.

Melo, I'm truly sorry you're having to deal with all this, and I do feel for you. Been there, done that. Hang in there pal. You are doing great.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
Melo12 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks guys, your words have kept me motivatated, strong, and I will keep posting. I'm very apprecretative for what you have helped me with and gotten me through the most difficult thing I have ever experienced.

I will get through this and so thankful for your support.

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation