Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
Uh-huh! I wouldn't bring up love scores/tests to someone I wasn't interested in!

And maybe she tries to be independent so she won't appear needy, (needy...always a redflag

She may be waiting for you to make a move...

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
M
She got that from somewhere and she may be open to MB concepts. She may be using the test as a screening process.
That's what I was thinking.

I also think that she's not as independent as you might think. After all, she's not married. Unmarried woman DO do a lot of things on their own.

She sounds like she would be receptive in learning more about the Emotional Needs concepts on this site. I wouldn't talk to her about that yet - but when the two of you are a little farther along in your relationship I suspect she'll be interested in learning more about it.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 07/14/12 06:22 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

B
B
Any update?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
OP Offline
S
After spending more time with her (biking), I have come to the conclusion that we are just friends. Yes, we talk a lot about things, and spend lots of time together, but I just don't feel that spark coming from her. That is totally fine as I have gained a really good friend.

I do think it is next to impossible to meet someone where everything just clicks. I am fine on my own but it sure would be nice to have someone else in my life.

J
J
If she meets your emotional needs you will feel that spark

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by HDW
If she meets your emotional needs you will feel that spark

It just a challenge to meet the "right" person. My career keeps my very busy, I have kids, I am very active with my bike racing and have a big house to maintain. So not only is it hard to find the right one, it is hard to find anyone!!!

I was told a while back that when you stop looking, the person of your dreams will walk into your life. I have been divorced for 8 years and she hasn't walked in yet! smile

P
P
Originally Posted by BHINWI
I do think it is next to impossible to meet someone where everything just clicks.

I am in total agreement with this. It's hard to think that person is out there.

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation