Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
G
G
XP,

WW leaving is in 8 hours to be with begin her process of disillusionment and alienation from OM.

Wait 2 weeks that should be long enough for her to begin to realize what a cesspool she fell into. Sending the letter then will be like her finding her lifeboat riddled with holes, can you say maximum psychological impact?

You can implement Plan B before you send the letter, that way you get 2 shots from the same howitzer.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 07/05/12 11:20 AM.
B
B
File for D and go into Plan B at the same time.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

X
OP Offline
X
1st day of plan B.Very emotional.WW was packing up and found love letters we wrote to each other many years ago.
I dont snoop or view her fb in plan B right?Out of sight ,out of mind?

E
E
Originally Posted by xtremepain
I dont snoop or view her fb in plan B right?Out of sight ,out of mind?

exactly

X
OP Offline
X
Update:I broke Plan B and talked to WW who is still very wayward and foggy.
A sudden turn of events....OMW who has been hiding suddenly showed up and exposed on FB,she has 800+friends.She didnt private messaged each of them,she posted on her wall!!
My lawyer will start court proceeding to sue OM and WW criminally and civilly for adultery.OMW will join me to sue as well.I am suing OM and WW.OMW is just suing WW.I have made a deal with my lawyer that the conditions on the civil case such as the suing amount /settlement amount on OM will be entirely up to the lawyer but on WW it would be up to me.So I could sue WW for $1 or $1 Million and settle for whatever amount I wish .The reason I made that deal because my lawyer works on a % from the settlement amount and he would certainly attempt to clean out the bank accounts of OM but I dont wish him to do that to WW.I am also requesting that I set the conditions on the civil case of OMW vs WW.However,OMW is asking that she gets to decide on the conditions on OM now.Should I work with OMW on this?Should I just tell her to sue on her own and not use my evidence?The lawyer suggests that OMW and BH suing together would be more powerful but it also gets complicated.Do you follow,I'm not sure if I've made it clear enough?
I wish rainysweet and jah could update us,esp rainysweet becos last I heard she is also suing.

U
U
Wow good for you for giving them such consequence. I would think it more powerful to join forces with OMW, especially if she is on the same page as you. Almost sounds like she might be a member of this forum by the steps she is taking...

X
OP Offline
X
What should I do now??
My lawyer is asking for x amount as compensation to settle out of court and the OM surprisingly said yes without any hesitation!I am baffled now that I dont know what to do.....I was told usually the OM would bail and break up with the WW.
My lawyer also asked me to sue my wife for compensation.His reasoning and experience tells him that if we cause them financial trouble,they will more likely to cave in.But my lawyer also gets paid on a % of the compensation.You think thats a good idea?Would my WW hate me even more?

V
V
x, something's a little confusing here. At first it seemed like you and your lawyer understood about heaping as much turmoil on the affair as possible with lawsuits, but now he's offering to settle out of court for an obviously meager enough settlement that the POSOM jumped at it?

Sounds to me like your lawyer used all the right words on you to get the ball rolling, but is now trying to do whatever he can to get a quick, sure thing payday that really isn't in your best interest.

Am I reading this right, or am I missing something?

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

X
OP Offline
X
Lawyer explained to me that altho the adultery charge is punishable by a jail term,its usually replaced with a fine,an affordable one too.He claims that based on experience,suing for an exorbitant amount would wreak enough havoc to cause them to cave.OM didnt object to the amount yet but my lawyer thinks he is just trying to buy more time.We may still start the court proceedings but my lawyer is tempted to settle.We had a deal instead of a hefty legal fee,he gets a % on top .That was the only way he would take on the case.Dr H told me of all the cases he handled with lawsuits,the affair ended.He worked with an attorney that threatened the lawsuit, and in every case, it killed the affair.

V
V
I would not let him settle and get him to stretch it out as long as possible, especially if OMW is going to be attacking from her end. Has the OMW filed yet? If not, I wouldn't settle a thing right now. Still sounds to me like your lawyer is just trying to get what he can for him as quick as he can.

JMO

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Z
Z
Part of following the plans is no expectations. You can hope and work to blow up the affair but there are no guarantees. Do what you're doing because it's the right thing, the noble thing and work to let go of 'expecting' it to have certain results.

The good news is that this guy has now bought your wife. She's going to be indebted to him and the resentment will be there, lurking in the shadows. She's going to have to be more of what he wants and that's hard.

But again, it doesn't really serve you to follow any line of thinking about what might or might not happen over there. Focus on you, your healing and unhooking from your wayward wife. She might come back but you can't wait for that. Get busy living.

Plan B is for you. To recover. Part of that is really removing your attention from what you think is happening over there.

X
OP Offline
X
You see, I thought I was in Plan B...but with all this still hovering over me,i cant find peace yet.I am not sure what plan I am in.Thats what my lawyer said,OM will regret paying a price for WW one day.
TW,I had a deal with the lawyer that I have the final say on WW but not OM.I am suing them both.Lawyer could settle out of court with OM only .OMW hasnt filed yet.I asked if I could have the final say on WW but she refused unless I let her decide for OM as well.Do you follow?

V
V
I see what I missed now. But I still don't understand why he feels the need to settle so quickly. The longer it's drawn out, the more the pressure builds. Just because he's satisfied with the settlement amount doesn't mean he has to jump right away.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

B
B
Originally Posted by TigerWes
I see what I missed now. But I still don't understand why he feels the need to settle so quickly. The longer it's drawn out, the more the pressure builds. Just because he's satisfied with the settlement amount doesn't mean he has to jump right away.
I agree.

XP can you handle dragging it out?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

X
OP Offline
X
Yes,I actually want them to go thru the whole proceeding.I want to see OM&WW explain themselves in front of the judge.Lawyer doesnt really care whether I save my M or not.I should have made it clear that there is no settling out of court.But then again he prolly wouldnt agree.He was concerned if he was going get paid or not.

X
OP Offline
X
BH,I can handle dragging it out with my WW only but not OM.Lawyer gets to decide about the OM.

X
OP Offline
X
Am I the only person who is actually suing for A on MB?Havent heard back from rainysweet yet......

Last edited by xtremepain; 07/29/12 01:00 PM.
V
V
No, you're not the only one, but the number is very small. But that's, unfortunately, only because it's simply not an option for most people here. If it were, I bet you'd see lawsuits flying around here like ping-pong balls in a lottery machine.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

X
OP Offline
X
TW ,do you have links to their stories?How did they turn out eventually?

V
V
Other than rainysweet, I don't recall any other names besides yours. Sorry. There are some that could have, but fear kept them from pulling the trigger.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation