Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
U
U
I hear you, and as the betrayed spouse it sucks that you should have to be the one to break the cycle!

I guess I just know what it feels like to have the SF need unmet, and feel rejected, and what an emotional impact that has. I don't think people who don't have that as a need can quite understand the impact.

What do you have going on that is causing so much tension/friction?

C
OP Offline
C
i actually do think others can understand, for example, if you have a high need for attention and the person ignores you its the same thing. i think if the need is that high and its not being filled at all the effect is the same it just comes out in different ways. but i hear you.

mostly job stuff for H.

that dam thing called work, gets in the way all the time.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

H
H
Originally Posted by chickadee1
i actually do think others can understand, for example, if you have a high need for attention and the person ignores you its the same thing. i think if the need is that high and its not being filled at all the effect is the same it just comes out in different ways. but i hear you.

mostly job stuff for H.

that dam thing called work, gets in the way all the time.
The major difference though, is ONLY your spouse can 'ethically' meet your need for SF. Even though you SHOULDN'T allow others of the opposite sex meet your needs of RC, IC or AFF, this IS something that can 'ethically' be met by other of the same sex(though best met through your spouse).

Last edited by Hopeful_Hubby; 07/11/12 09:30 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
you are right HH, the others are needs that can be met by others, but if spouse was not meeting those for their husb/wife and they were go fill those needs by others, you would be getting into a slippery slope.

i was just saying that when a spouse ignores/doesnt fill your top need it just hurts regardless of the need.

but you made me think... i dont think i ever thought of it in the way that i could have friends meet my needs, i dont want them to. i want H to do that, i guess i never look at it from the point that yes they could technically meet those needs.

on another note, spoke with my friend that recommended the lawyer and he agreed that it was probably not the best way to handle things and he had suggested to H that we see separate lawyers. and would have never have suggested we go together, but H thought he was doing the right thing and we could work on a postnup together. Friend felt really bad and wished he knew before we went as he would have discouraged it. note.. remember a lawyer always has to pick a side, so the lawyer picked side of the person that called him (H) as he thought he was the client.

another learning lesson, crappy one but now i know.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

E
E
Originally Posted by unwritten
I guess I just know what it feels like to have the SF need unmet, and feel rejected, and what an emotional impact that has. I don't think people who don't have that as a need can quite understand the impact.

...until they are betrayed
sorry, had to throw that out there

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 07/12/12 01:41 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
uggh... i was really hoping my next post would be a very positive one. we just started working with steve to get us over a few of the humps and he is great and relates to H very well.

but in the meantime, another trigger has happened.

skankho#1- or the one that wrote the emails that started all this for me. she emailed H with new email address.

i am just so spent.

now remember the old email could have been blocked but the new one wouldnt be. she could have looked him up as his name is out there and his email and remember shes a sneaky one.

but what do i do?

i want to email the entire distro list some pretty nasty stuff
i want to call lawyer about violation of C&D notification.

i just dont want to react because i am to upset to act like a lady.

I have keyloggers up the wassoo, gps, phone trackers, H is accounted for 24/7.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

N
N
1. Just to clarify, are you saying that his email address that received the note could have easily been discovered by someone wanting to find it. That is, an internet search would turn up his email address?

2. Did he tell you about the email or did you find out first?

3. What did the email say?

4. What was in the C&D notification? Any consequences?

Last edited by Northwood8900; 08/01/12 01:25 PM.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
OP Offline
C
thanks NW

1. Just to clarify, are you saying that his email address that received the note could have easily been discovered by someone wanting to find it. That is, an internet search would turn up his email address?- correct

2. Did he tell you about the email or did you find out first?- he told me, i actually was standing 10 feet away while he was checking work emails

3. What did the email say?- it was to a few people- hope this finds you well and you are enjoying... here is my new yada yada

4. What was in the C&D notification? Any consequences? -i have to look when i get home, i think there were

i know you cannot control others only your own actions i get it all. i am just tired of this and any deposits that were made are nada now.

Last edited by chickadee1; 08/01/12 02:26 PM.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

N
N
So it wasn't addressed specifically to him BUT she would have had to go out of her way to find his email address to send the email, right? I was wondering if it was just an email sent to her contacts list where she didn't necessarily double-check each person she was sending it to.

I'd see what the C&D letter said and go from there. Though it'd be mighty tempting to go completely apesh*t on the phone with her for daring to email your husband, I think silence and a letter from an attorney may be the better approach.

But, if you said "Screw it" and proceeded to curse her out and THEN followed up with the attorney's letter I probably wouldn't blame you.

ETA: How is his behavior since this came about? That he told you is a bonus.

Last edited by Northwood8900; 08/01/12 03:45 PM.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
OP Offline
C
both possible of course.

looking for the letter tried to put all the mess and documents behind me, but now i have to go pull it out.....

i would never give her the satisfaction of speaking to me. as for a note back i would have to just hit reply to all by mistake i am that vengeful

i left for work very early havnt seen him. just texts. so who knows and i dont care, i just care about how i am feeling at this point and so should he. i know thats probably not good but......

seeing what the letter says and just sit till i get my cool back.

but ohhh the mind is on overdrive......

thanks!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
H is very quite. Does not know what to do. Including comforting me. In his box. No emotion. Hes at a loss on what to do.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

B
B
Originally Posted by chickadee1
H is very quite. Does not know what to do. Including comforting me. In his box. No emotion. Hes at a loss on what to do.
What would you like from him?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
OP Offline
C
I cant even think. There's just so much you can control and there are so many skanks and triggers. And there is no denying that it ail happen again if not her than baby momma.

Hes a guy he just wants to fix it now and I cant help him anymore.

I don't want him near me while I process this and life. But some emotion would be ok. I don't know empathy. Remorse. Cant find the words or type on a fkindle fire.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

P
P
chickadee1. I had a similiar situation when OW decided to show up at my DD school performance and sat right in the FRONT ROW for me, FWH and DD to see. It was about 7 months after D-Day and nearly set me back to square one until SugarCane posted this to me. It put things into perspective and was actually a turning point in my own recovery.

Originally Posted by SugarCane
You must NOT be angry with him. Do you believe that this is his fault? How can it be - except that he had the affair that brought about the whole situation? If you are going to be angry with him for the spiteful things OW does, you are going to alienate him.

Why do you need to discuss this with him at all? Haven't you talked to him about it once already, and didn't he say he did not know about it?

pf, I know how angry you feel about your H having brought this filth into you marriage. How could he have been so stupid? Now you (and perhaps even your daughter) have to suffer for his craven weakness for free sex with a stranger.

But if you keep displaying anger to him for an affair you believe to be over and NC in place, you will ruin your recovery.

Ask me how I know this.

Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by pokerface
I'm not sure why I thought I needed to discuss it. I think I am doubting my own judgement because they fooled me before ( and were very good at it).
This is a very important issue and you are correct to wonder about it. I too have been through this and I would now never underestimate the devious, callous depths to which a craven WH will go to keep having a fulfilling marriage with his loving wife and family and also illicit sex with OW.

I would not tell you to trust him. That would be entire wrong and foolish. The problem is, you will not find out about whether this was planned between them and whether he is still in touch with her by asking him. You already know how capable he is of lying with a straight face. There will never be any point in discussing this to find out the truth.

The only way that you will gain knowledge and (I hope) reassurance will be for you to spy on him and say NOTHING about the fact that you are doing this. If you find something, you must act on it. If you do not find anything, you spy intermittently for some time but do not reveal that you are doing this.

Being angry and questioning him, though, is neither arming yourself nor protecting yourself. It is merely tipping him off to hide his behaviour more carefully if there is anything to hide, and alienating him if there is nothing to hide.

I hope you don't mind SC if I re-post for chickadee. It helped me a great deal.

(((hugs)))

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks poker and sugar as always. I am not mad at h for this. I am just tired of looking for then next hit and even when I commit to not looking it happens. Its just a roadblocks everytime everwhere. I guess when you have been fighting so hard for so long and all the bases are covered and sh*& like this happens its hard to get back up and play the game.

H contacted Steve with a heartfelt email so we will see his opinion.

Rest and time.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

B
B
What about him getting a new job?

How's your UA time?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Have you seen this?
The critical importance of UA

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
OP Offline
C
I don't care if he picks up dog pop as long ss he is happy. The job he has is a boys world and not good. But we are dealing. He needs to figure out what he wants to do with his new life and thats hard when you are successful at what you do.

We spend a outrageous amount of time together. No not all qualitylike heavy life stuff but doing things that we both like. We do pretty much nothing but work apart for the first time since dating.

Thanks brain.

I am off to bed but please keep posting we/i need lots of advice and i appreciate it all sometimes it hard to see the things in front of you.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

S
S
Originally Posted by pokerface
I hope you don't mind SC if I re-post for chickadee. It helped me a great deal.

(((hugs)))
I'm flattered, pf!

I'm so sorry you're hurting, chickadee. I hope that post does help you a bit.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
OP Offline
C
We have never dipped below 25 and that just incase I forgot we are always more like 35 plus

No kids remember.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation