Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2656204 08/14/12 01:56 PM
P
OP Offline
P
For those of you who went through it, did your kids go? My 12 year old doesn't want to go but I think she needs it. Did it help your kids? I think my 6 year old is too young to understand so I'm thinking of not letting him take it.

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
prissanna #2656592 08/15/12 10:40 PM
J
J
Here is a link to a MB thread about Divorce Care. Ironically my ex wayward wife attended their classes which makes me question their validity. I read one of the DC brochures at my church and they reference helping you "forgive" your spouse.

MB links : http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1810742

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1481680&page=1

P
OP Offline
P
Yeah, I'm in the forgiveness stage of their emails. That doesn't really apply to me. I forgive too easily. lol

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
prissanna #2656680 08/16/12 11:20 AM
S
S
Divorce Care teaches that "forgiveness" is putting what happened behind you and letting it go. I also remember them stating that you can forgive, but do not forget.

So don't think that forgiving your WS is saying that what they did is ok. What you do want to do though is to move on.

I would recommend Divorce Care to anyone that has been cheated on and abandon. And you don't have to be religious to get something out of it.

HDW - We had someone in our class that was a WW... she did not fit in very well!!! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation