Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
totally2confused #2658098 08/21/12 10:44 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by totally2confused
Let me know what you think BH of her response.

If I need to tell you your mistakes, then you obviously have not been listening to me when we have talked. I have told you repeatedly what the problems were. I should not have to tell you again. Our marriage is over. You cannot trust me. You have said it several times. I cannot trust you. I have said this multiple times. You sent random facebook messages to people broadcasting our situation saying that you want to reconcile, but your actions and words do not match up. I cannot work on this marriage with you becuase 1. I don't love you any more. 2. If I did, you are paying attention to what I am saying to you. You don't respond to my emails or texts about the children. You miss having a woman take care of you. You can find that again, eventually, but it won't be with me again.

This is a typical response to exposure, T2C. The wayward goes bats and has an insane angry outburst and acts like an idiot and says crap like "I was going to end it, but now you've ruined all hope," etc.

You just have to keep a steady hand on the till and stay the course. None of it means anything. "It's over," etc., but none of it means anything. Don't even answer.

Start a relaxation regimen. Read online about how to stay relaxed and calm in the face of stress. Consider taking anti-depressants to even out your mood.

DO NOT TALK TO YOUR WIFE when you are not calm. Bite your lip and SHUT UP. Do this regardless of whether you want to keep the marriage at the moment or not. This woman is going to be in your life for a long time.

Even a fool, when he holds his tongue, is considered wise.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
totally2confused #2658100 08/21/12 10:48 AM
M
M
I am trying to recover my marriage but I can't break through her foggy nonsense. She has brought great pain to me and our kids. She doesn't have to listen to my youngest say I don't want to leave Everytime it is time for them to go back to her.

The typical problem men make is thinking they need to straighten out their wives.

Of course, an affair is a disaster for everybody involved, and the typical male reaction here is not too off track. It would be great if you could get through to her. But of course we're going into major disrespectful territory here, not to mention making yourself crazy.

The thing about Plan A is, it doesn't depend on her. In Plan A you meet emotional needs and avoid love busters (AND FIGHT THE AFFAIR). You do this whether she responds or not, whether she gets angry or not, etc. You just keep making the deposits. You know you won't see any effect till you cross important lines, and you also know and expect that your efforts are hindered by the contrast effect of the affair. (so you FIGHT THE AFFAIR using every means possible, including exposure). The important lines to cross are the lines from hate into dislike, the line from dislike to neutral, the line from neutral to like, and the romantic love threshold. You really do not see a difference except when you cross those lines. Crossing those lines is sudden; there is no gradual change on the way. And on the way, she may love bust the hell out of you. (So take antidepressants so you don't become an emotional and irrational basket case.)

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
totally2confused #2658103 08/21/12 10:49 AM
M
M
Sent email, waiting on response. Sent her flowers today, no response though. Maybe I will get more out of email.

Do not send flowers at this time. Flowers are a symbolic act of care. She will need to see real acts of care for the symbolism to mean anything.

Pursue her by becoming a part of her life and studying what will make real love bank deposits. Primarily, become the person she can talk to about her problems.

totally2confused #2658105 08/21/12 10:53 AM
M
M
Let me know what you think BH of her response.

If I need to tell you your mistakes, then you obviously have not been listening to me when we have talked. I have told you repeatedly what the problems were. I should not have to tell you again.

Marriage Builders is a program for non-lazy husbands to fix all this stuff, typically without much input from their uncooperative wives. If you'll get intensely involved in educating yourself, you can probably fix 90% of her complaints.

Why should she have to tell you again if she's told you before? Doesn't that make perfect sense?

The typical mistakes are all laid out for you from Marriage Builders: selfish demands, disrespectful judgments, angry outbursts, dishonesty, annoying habits, independent behavior, neglecting intimate conversation, neglecting affection (note that this includes concrete acts of care, not just symbolic acts), neglecting family commitment, neglecting openness and honesty. FIX THIS STUFF. And, of course, FIGHT THE AFFAIR.

Our marriage is over.

Feelings change.

You cannot trust me.

Of course not, and only she can change that, but any attempt to talk to her about it right now will make the problem worse, not better, so ...

You have said it several times.

Stop talking to her about it!!!!!!!!

I cannot trust you. I have said this multiple times. You sent random facebook messages to people broadcasting our situation saying that you want to reconcile, but your actions and words do not match up. I cannot work on this marriage with you becuase 1. I don't love you any more. 2. If I did, you are paying attention to what I am saying to you. You don't respond to my emails or texts about the children. You miss having a woman take care of you. You can find that again, eventually, but it won't be with me again.

Don't post any more of her random fogged out drunk ramblings. If you want to fix this, take some antidepressants and get busy becoming the world's best Plan A-er. Plan A is focusing on YOU, not HER. Your behavior and words, not hers.

markos #2659040 08/24/12 03:26 PM
B
B
Ok so T2c did you read markos's posts?

So you have to wait 6-7 months before she can file? Is that correct?

So what rockstar Plan A do you have?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2659555 08/26/12 11:53 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Read Marki's post. No more worry about what she says until she starts talking recovery.

Right BH, she cannot file in South Carolina until we have been separated for a year since she doesn't have ant reason like affair, alcohol/drug abuse, or physical abuse.

I am going to start talking to her about the kids and how her day and weeks have been going. Hopefully that will spark more conversation which will fill her need for conversation.

Also listened to Dr. Harley's Teleclass tonight. Great stuff.

Me (H): 34
Wife (W): 29
Two kids ages 5 and 3
Married 6 years been together for 14 years
totally2confused #2659700 08/27/12 06:51 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Talking to my WW for the first time in about a month. I had kinda went into a plan b with out sending out a plan b letter. We are talking about the kids school orientation.

I will tell ya'll about the lastest email she sent me later tonight when I get off. The subject line was "What went wrong"

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2659724 08/27/12 09:56 PM
B
B
Talking to my WW for the first time in about a month. I had kinda went into a plan b with out sending out a plan b letter. We are talking about the kids school orientation.

I will tell ya'll about the lastest email she sent me later tonight when I get off. The subject line was "What went wrong"
Remember Dr. H said you're in Plan A from afar. So you need to fill her love bank. Talk about good things and pleasant things. Stay away from relationship talk.
She wants IC from you.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2659935 08/28/12 11:14 PM
T
OP Offline
T
BH, all we talked about the other night was the kids and then I asked her about her new principal and how that was going. That is about as far as the conversation got. She did say Goodnight at the end of the conversation. I think this is a good first start.

Tonight we talked again about the kids and me carrying them to their first day of school. All this was after I saw her for the first time in about two months at the kids school orientation.

Although I think she might be upset that I went ahead and paid the house payment for the month of September.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2659959 08/29/12 06:09 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Can I POJA while me and the wife are still separated to discuss how we are going to pay the bills. I'm not happy with he way she wants to do it and I don't want to come out and say this is the way we are going to do it. That sounds like a lovebuster to me.

In other note, going to pick the boys up for their first day of school. This should be interesting since it is the youngest first time going to school.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2659983 08/29/12 08:07 AM
B
B
Can I POJA while me and the wife are still separated to discuss how we are going to pay the bills. I'm not happy with he way she wants to do it and I don't want to come out and say this is the way we are going to do it. That sounds like a lovebuster to me.

In other note, going to pick the boys up for their first day of school. This should be interesting since it is the youngest first time going to school.
What is your agreement on the bills? Do you have it in writing? Yes you should POJA this. Is she even on board with POJA?

She would daily text with OM, correct? What are you doing to step this up? This will help with IC.

What do your kids understand of the situation? Remember Plan A is with no expectations.

When you finally saw her did you make sure you looked good, smelled good? That you were in good spirits?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2660067 08/29/12 10:47 AM
T
OP Offline
T
There really isn't an agreement on the bills. Nothing is in writing. I gave her the arcticle about POJA when we first split but I don't know if she read it.

I will text her everyday and ask how her day went and ask about the kids. Hopefully after a little while the conversations will progress into other
stuff.

Yes I smelled good and looked good because I dressed for work and since I'm a manager I was wearing a white button up shirt and dress pants.

Not sure what my kids understand of the situation. I told my oldest a month or so back in a way I think he would understand but I not sure if he actually understands. The oldest is only five. The youngest is only three and I have not told him anything.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2660070 08/29/12 11:06 AM
B
B
Yes the 3 year old is too young. Good job on telling your DS5.

So does she expect you to pay all the bills? For your protection I would get something in writing.

So let's work on that IC.

What things is she interested in? She's a teacher, correct? So she probably likes to read? Any good books you could send her?

How about small talk? Also when you have your kids updates are good.

Say things like "guess what was so funny? DS5 did this.......

We have such smart kids. DS5 did this and DS3 did this. They remind me of you because you're so smart.

Admiration was a top EN for her? Wasn't it?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2660110 08/29/12 01:48 PM
T
OP Offline
T
No she doesn't want me to pay all the bills. What I want is to split the house payment up, split the kids school tuition up and split the cell phone bill up. She wants to pay for the house and me pay for the kids tuition and she wants me to cancel the phones that are mine and my parents and get a plan of my own.

Yes she likes to read.

And yes I can update her on the kids because my ds5 said something cute today. He asked was Happy Meals called Happy Meals when God was alive.

I will send her the updates today.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2660120 08/29/12 02:42 PM
B
B
And yes I can update her on the kids because my ds5 said something cute today. He asked was Happy Meals called Happy Meals when God was alive.

I will send her the updates today.
That is cute and that will be a good one to send.

Add something nice when you send it. smile Lots of Plan A.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2660182 08/29/12 08:09 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Today didn't end well. DS3 had a complete meltdown when I dropped him off tonight. Having to calm myself down so I can continue with plan a. Making sure I don't say anything I shouldn't. So I'm doing like markos said and calming down before I respond.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2660261 08/30/12 08:54 AM
G
G
T2C,

DS3 had a complete meltdown when I dropped him off tonight.

That's difficult to read, too bad the OM couldn't have been there to see the destruction he had a hand in creating, make a recording next time and email it to your WW.

And how does your WW feel about the effects on her children?

Make it clear to your WW that both sons will eventually be told the story.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 08/30/12 08:56 AM.
Gamma #2660265 08/30/12 09:28 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by Gamma
T2C,

DS3 had a complete meltdown when I dropped him off tonight.

That's difficult to read, too bad the OM couldn't have been there to see the destruction he had a hand in creating, make a recording next time and email it to your WW.

And how does your WW feel about the effects on her children?

Gamma

WW doesn't care she's in love.

POSOM doesn't care he's getting his $*@% wet.

TheRoad #2660391 08/30/12 07:56 PM
T
OP Offline
T
WW split up the cell phone bills today so I have no way of tracking her text anymore. For the past few days the text I've been tracking hasn't been responding back to her. Not sure what to think of it except for the fact that I found out today he might be married. If so wonder if his wife found out about it.

Now I'm stuck a little. Do I ask her about the texts, do I text the number and ask what is going on, or do I just leave it alone.

This is the toughest thing I done in my life.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2660429 08/31/12 12:20 AM
K
K
No, don't ask. If it starts working again you'll have given up a snooping tactic. She'll be onto you because if the number is the OM who do you think he'll tell first about someone knowing the number?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 275 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation