Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37
N
N
I'd text her this and then turn your phone off:

I'm sorry that your adultery has hurt your chances for promotion and that you're upset that others know about your affair, but I'm not going to let you drag me into an argument over it. Got to go, talk to you later.

Do you have any family members that can come over for supper tonight?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

"It is your adultery that may affect your job and career. Not the truth"

Remember, her anger you can deal with. It is the having a 3rd person in your M which you cannot.

Stay strong! Now is not the time to bend.

N
N
Originally Posted by 2little_2late
ohhh, it's going to be a LONG weekend.

Not necessarily. You just act like you did nothing wrong, act pleasant and cheerful, do some Plan A type things, take the kid somewhere for a few hours this weekend, inviting WW to go as well. Just do "normal" type stuff.

When she acts up (your WW, I mean) just calmly tell her that you aren't going to argue with her about her adultery and disengage. Rinse and repeat.

You'll be fine. After a few dozen attempts to start a fight with you, she'll probably back down and just retreat to her side of the house.

You did very good!

Me (BH)
FWW

Q
Q
Refuse to engage in a fight. Instead, continue plan A. If she tries to start something, change the topic. "I'm sorry this incident has had negative repurcussions for you at work. Would you like to go and get ice cream?"

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
When she is spewing venom..just remember SHE is the one that brought it on herself. You cannot (and should not) bear her pain and consequences of her adultery on your shoulders.

Step 1 in killing the affair = complete. Check.

Do not let her bully you one bit.

Like NW says...just be Mr. Cool. The reality of her actions are now really hitting her.

OP Offline
response:

"like effing get me fired or ruin any chances of climbing up? This hurts any chance for promotion [censored]"

Should I reply to this? Or just leave it alone until tonight?

I like this, but worry it will just create more anger

Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
"It is your adultery that may affect your job and career. Not the truth"

Last edited by 2little_2late; 09/14/12 01:44 PM.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Confronted/admitted - EA turned PA - 9/11/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
N
N
Yes. Reply with

I'm sorry that your adultery has hurt your chances for promotion and that you're upset that others know about your affair, but I'm not going to let you drag me into an argument over it. Got to go, talk to you later.

and then turn your phone off if you cannot help responding.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
Your not immediately responding and getting into it with her will do two things...

1. Help you avoid getting into a fight ($LB withdrawals)
2. Show her that you aren't going to play her games. She's looking for a fight, looking for you to do something, anything, to justify her cheating on you. Don't give it to her.

Me (BH)
FWW

Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Yes. Reply with

and then turn your phone off if you cannot help responding.

Everyone is different. I didn't apologize at all for exposure. Why should he?

I think he needs to show some backbone and just stand tall by his decision to expose by NOT apologizing for anything.

OP Offline
what are the chances of someone who has had depression (untreated) for many years, this exposure driving them over the edge and doing something horrible to themselves.

Last edited by 2little_2late; 09/14/12 01:49 PM.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Confronted/admitted - EA turned PA - 9/11/12
Exposed- 9/12/12

SHE betrayed YOU my man.

Why do you give 2 sh*ts if she is mad right now. Look what she has done!! She is just now feeling the sting of HER decisions.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get dragged into her drama. NO reaction to her negativity. Just be positive.

Just be as nice as humanly possible on all fronts. Give her NO ammo to shoot at you with.

N
N
That's not apologizing for anything, in my book. It's telling her that it's her adultery that got her into this, that he knows that she's trying to start a fight about it, and that he's not playing that game.

I sure as hell didn't apologize either!

Change the "I'm sorry" to "It's unfortunate" and go from there.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
what are the chances of someone who has had depression (untreated) for many years, this exposure driving them over the edge and doing something horrible to themselves.

That's a distraction, 2little. Depression didn't cause her to cheat on you. Piss poor boundaries with other men did.

If she starts going off the deep end at home, call the police and inform them of the situation.

Me (BH)
FWW

Did you decide to make her have an A?

Did you force her into making these decisions?

Have you forced her to do ANYTHING?

No. You cannot force her to do one single thing. What she does from here on out is her decison. Just like everything else leading up to this moment.

You cannot hold her pain on your shoulders. You cannot hold her hand through this. Time for her to put on her big girl panties and face the music.

I say WAY TO GO! Great job.

Originally Posted by Northwood8900
I sure as hell didn't apologize either!

Change the "I'm sorry" to "It's unfortunate" and go from there.

I know we are on the same page.

It is interesting that some BS's especially men lose all their strength at this time of exposure. They think they should apologize to the WS�s for telling the truth. F- that.

Hopefully we are giving this guy a shot of adrenaline he needs right now to hold his head up high and be STRONG.

H
H
2L,

I got the same advice, and it worked like a charm. W went batxxx at exposure...a Thursday or Friday, I think.

Anyhow, stated canned response NW and others are suggesting...thought the weekend was going to be a nuclear war.

NOPE.

Took the kids to dinner friday night, invited W to go with....she did. (Incredibly, now that I remember it, she said NO at first. had already left driveway, leaving development, and she called me to come back and get her).

Saturday, when to services in the AM...W went too. that night was a little chilly...W stayed on 'her side of the house'.

Sunday, took son to bball game...W went with. She had a looong talk with DD, alone. We took walk, went out for a bite that nite.

Seems like Monday the at least the beginning of the beginning, sorta.

Doing this does a few things:

1. shows you will fight for the marriage and family
2. shows you will not get into the drama, and can handle the situation with care and calm
3. allows the weight of the "relationship" going public, the consequences, to fall on HER

You are doing great!

N
N
Yeah, I'm hoping that he stands strong this weekend.

My FWW never quite went completely nuts at exposure, but I think the key is remaining calm and pretending like you're doing just fine...even if you're pissed purple on the inside.

Me (BH)
FWW

helpfordad #2665225 09/14/12 02:01 PM
H
H
...and to NW's point (I think it was Melody or marital that really helped me with this one)--

after a few times of my W 'threatening' to hurt herself, etc. becasue of exposure, i calmly stated -- "the next time you threaten any bodily harm to yourself, I will call 911."

It stopped.

helpfordad #2665226 09/14/12 02:01 PM
B
B
The more mad she is=exposure was a bullseye.

Stay strong and listen to these fantastic posters.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

helpfordad #2665227 09/14/12 02:02 PM
H
H
Amen, NW...exactly (although easier said than done...but it can be done!!!)

Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation