Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
M
M
Originally Posted by mason
I will, I think their is little chance of recovery...He is truly addicted to this woman and she divorced her husband for mine, so they need to make this work. But with all the lies and the mistrust between them I doubt it will.
I have been coming here for just about two years now and it amazes me how long I have been in this mess. Time to let the fear go and get out while I have an ounce of sanity left.

Absolutely get out of their way. Their relationship is already strained. This divorce WILL throw in so much more chaos into it that the chances of it surviving are slim.

Let me tell you this ... if this woman does survive his divorce, it WILL truly demonstrate how morally corrupt, selfish, and delusional she really is. Your WH will be the brunt of that delusion and selfishness. His life has not even a chance to be happy because that is what he gets for a partner. She will manipulate, play games, and cut off his manhood. She is the core of evil, and your WH will be the brunt of her devilness. What a horrible, deplorable life.

Protect your finances and your children. This relationship WILL not last Mason ... it is so full of selfishness and deceit. They will become nothing but big anchors strapped to each other's necks and they will sink each other.

Plan B WILL be a great resource for you. I am feeling millions better after my divorce to the exact same man. My WH is identical to your WH. It does get better. Just put one foot in front of the next and take it day by day.

I am not dating, but I have had some coffee dates, and that has been nice. It was nice because the men actually seemed normal, and I learned I am quite a great catch.

I have not hope for reconciliation with my xWH. He is so deep in waywardville and selfishness it will take a miracle from God to break him.

My life is good, and I am blessed. In time you will begin to smile ... even at the rainbows.

M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I kept very busy this weekend, my WH has not reached out to the boys in over a week, I guess nothing has changed. They were asking about him this morning, I sarted to cry.
All I thought about how he is back in LA LA land and had a great wknd. Makes me sick.
I know everyone says they will not last but it has been 2 1/2 years already. This OW is in for the long haul. I hate her, I hate him. Angry today.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Back with OW / In Plan B 2-11
False Recovery Back in Plan B 7-12
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I broke Plan B, was ver upset last night, I am so frightened my WH will introduce the OW to my boys. I am so scared. I emailed my attny to see if there is anything I can do. I sent him a text asking him not to introduce. He said we needed to talk, I said there is nothing to talk about. I will not see him in person or at all. Should not have broke contact but I am so worried for them. My 7 year old said we are not a family because of Daddy.
Why is it that the betrayed still are hurt and they get to go live in their fanatsy land.. No consequenses.
I hate it all. Any advice of this issue of blocking OW.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
J
J
First of all, the wayward spouses do face consequences. We all face natural consequences for our actions.

Regarding the affair partner the court will only block her if she is a danger to the children. Does she have a criminal record?

Regarding plan B, every time you make contact you will have increase anxiety and worry. Asking him not to allow the kids to see her is as productive as going on a cream cheese pie diet to loose weight.

Dona background check on the woman for any criminal background and if she doesn't have any history then you should work towards accepting that YOU are powerless over his actions.
You can only control how you allow his bahavior to affect you

J
J
I understand your pain.
I have found it helpful when I worry or feel sadnes to exercise.
Also I recently made some food for a church funeral and it helped take my mind off of my fears and worry and focus on helpin another person.

M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
No criminal record...I know, I asked him because I justthought out of all the pain he caused maybe he would do this. I will not ask again..I will see what my attny says. My fear and worry for my boys, I want to protect them from OW.

Funny thing is I called her his affair partner (I will not name her by name)...He told me to stop calling her that, she has a name and it is L*r**. Now he is defending her like she deserves some kind of respect. Again makes me sick! I said I know her name and would it be better to call her sl*t which is waht your sister calls her.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
J
J
I got divorced a few months ago.
I feel much better being away from the wayward insanity.

At this point I think you should focus on your own self improvement.
I benefited from church family and AlAnon meetings.

When I start to worry I say to myself, "Stop. I am only in control of my actions. The rest is in Gods hands "

M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It is true insanity... I am trying it is just hard when I worry so much for my kids and that he has no regard for their well being. It is all about what OW wants.
I know I can only control myself, but I felt I had to ask him not to expose the boys to OW and this mess. I tried. Done.
hole closed up and staying dark.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
J
J
Courts really don't care.
My wife was having an affair with a man that actually went to prison for 9 years for trying to kill his own 3 year old daughter, drug use, domestic violence convictions etc. she had the kids at his house!

Fortunately I was able to get a no contact order in the divorce decree but it took some fighting.

Be thankful she has loose legs and morals and isn't a drug addict or felon.

J
J
Even after divorce you may be able to win your husband back.
That is because he is in love with a woman that agrees with everything he says or does. In marriage that can't happen , conflict is inevitable.

M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yikes, I wish the courts did care. There is something very wrong with our family court system when in comes to adultery and abandonment. I guess I will fight what I can, but at the end of the day I doubt I can control this one. She has been trying to meet my kids for two years.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My therapist is writing a letter to my attny to try to block any visits on my behalf. It is the best I can do... On another note, breaking Plan B earlier in the week has not been good. My WH shared my text messages with the OW, she texted me today saying why am I trying to make him feel guilty, he is working hard in therapy. I guess you want him back....WHAT? He has lied because he has so many fears and he is working through that.
Why does she feel the need to comment, that was about our children. He selectivly read the message to make me look like I am the bad person, when he lied and cheated on both of us.
I am sick...she has a lot of nerve to reach out to me especially since he just filed last week.

She also said she is trying to work on her trust isssues. What a crazy person. Need to block her and him from my life.

no more breaks.

Last edited by mason; 09/19/12 03:42 PM.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
B
B
This is why it's preached so vehemently to not break Plan B.

You were getting so much stronger when you were in a dark Plan B.

Do not even try and figure out OW's response. Of course she's worried about you wanting him back because he is making you out to be the "crazy exw". Do not give them any ammunition.

Take care of you and your kids.

Tell us what you're doing for you. So??? What are you doing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nothing, have been working and in therapy... she texted me out of the blue today, I do not care what I look like, I did not cheat or lie for over 2 years. I know the truth and so does his family...I think I am wondering why she even reached out to me.

Make justification and why am I trying to guilt him back into the relationship. I was talking about our kids not meeting her, not trying to guilt him back. He owns that guilt not me.

Along with my therapist I am having my attny to send a letter to his about not meeting OW. I trust no one.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
J
J
The court won't care about your therapist.
The court will care about the children's therapist.

M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you, she is our family therapist. My attny advised me last year to have something written up on their behalf.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
J
J
Can you please update me,
Are you in divorce?
What is the custody order?

Q
Q
Please communicate with your WH via your IM

Your attorney and/or therapist will have good advice about OW's contact with your children. Some contact may be inevitable.

Your kids will hate and it will be a miserable time for your WH and OW. I know that's not much consolation, but believe me, having the kids around will make WH and OW's affair harder, not more "fun".

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
M
mason Offline OP
OP Offline
M
WH husband had filed, I have already met with my attny and we will counterfile based on grounds of adultery. Custody since this mess began is he gets the boys every other wknd.

I regret breaking plan b, always do...but I was so angry and sad. But at the end of the day it accomplished nothing except me being upset.

Need to have all contact go through my attorney. I know that.
Sometimes waywards get the best of us still....

Last edited by mason; 09/20/12 12:50 PM.

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
B
B
Were you able to get another IM?

Do you have your kids this weekend? If not, what do you have planned for you?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation