Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37
S
S
2 x 2,

Please listen to HDW and Northwood amongst all the others. You are at risk of "Plan doormat", my friend. Time to get the stick...please hear them.

J
J
Originally Posted by 2little_2late
Is the only determining factor in length of time to endure Plan A how long the BS can deal with it? Is there signs that the WS can do/say that are indicators it's time to move to Plan B? I know Plan A is excruciatingly hard, but WW keeps asking about signing papers, is constantly frustrated with me, constantly going out, angry I'm trying..... the list goes on.

Plan B is designed to protect the betrayed spouse.
It often kills the affair because it forces the affair partners (a happened with Jon and Sue) to rely on each other to meet all emotional needs.

J
J
WW just continues to lie. Was supposed to have gone grocery shopping, gone 2 hours, came home with no groceries. Stated that she went to the Health food store to get a few things and stayed for a raw food class. Checked their website, there was no such class or ANY class today.

So in Plan A, is this just assumed, and should be disregarded? I guess it is. I don't know why she continues to lie, she knows I know what's going on.

No it should not be ignored. Part of the stick of plan A is to confront her and tell her you know that she is lying.
You vehemently oppose the affair (stick) while being loving (carrot).
I think she's going to bars and meeting men. Is this possible? Does she smell like alcohol?

J
J
***EDIT***

Last edited by Ariel; 09/24/12 09:38 AM. Reason: TOS: non Harley resource
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
Sometimes a wayward spouse settles into a routine of having his or her cake and eating it too. In an effort to win the wayward spouse back, the betrayed spouse meets emotional needs that the lover cannot meet, while the lover meets emotional needs that the betrayed spouse has not learned to meet. While this competition is excruciatingly painful to the betrayed spouse, and the lover as well, the wayward spouse basks in the warmth of being loved and cared for by two people, with no real motivation to choose one over the other.

So, to avoid an indefinite period of suffering while a wayward spouse vacillates between spouse and lover, and to avoid rewarding the selfish behavior of having needs met by both spouse and lover, if plan A does not work within a reasonable period of time, I recommend plan B.

Plan A is not plan doormat, what part of the "stick" are you applying?

carrot and stick of plan a

Posted this several days ago, but got no direct response to my questions (in red). Things I'm doing/done are in strikethrough.

Originally Posted by Pepperband
The stick of Plan A

Exposing adultery where it matters most. Exposure that takes the form of a swift and sudden unexpected tsunami of truth.
Done,No OM contacts successfully found, WW family useless, workplace exposure minimal effect. Overall Exposure a failure

Not apologizing for exposure or speaking the truth in a kind yet direct way.

Directly communicating the hurt and devastation that the affair has caused.
Directly communicating the hurt and devastation that the affair has caused.

Plan A is often misunderstood as "acting nice"

excuse me acting "nice' in the face of an affair makes me want to puke

Plan A is taking control of one's self ...it is NOT "acting nice" ~as if~ there was no infidelity eating away at your family .... infidelity hurts like battery acid poured on your skin

am I right?

heII yes I am right

so you scared and panicky betrayed ~~~> SPEAK UP

tell the truth

"This affair hurts me. This affair is going to destroy our family. Let's get help."

If your spouse does something really thoughtless ... SPEAK UP.

"What you just said (did) hurts me terribly."

"I feel wounded by your affair."

"My heart aches for the love we used to share."

But be careful ... don't get needy or whiney or weepy ... those are love-busters

it's a fine line between telling the truth about what hurts ... and staying away from LB behaviors

ASK for help from the board

if you are unsure if what you are doing is correct... examine how much self control you have at any given moment ... and if you are feeling in control of yourself ... you are probably right on the money !

if you feel yourself losing control ... step away and re-group
When, how often and further examples? Need help with this part. Do this regardless of WW desire to D?

Not accepting blame for the infidel's choice to become adulterous.

Let the consequences of adultery and infidelity fall freely upon the heads of the adulterous.
Let the consequences of adultery and infidelity fall freely upon the heads of the adulterous.

If we experience no consequences when we mess up ... there is very little motivation for us to change our wrong behaviors that have become a habit

do the infidel a favor

do not stand inbetween them and their consequences

show respect for the infidel by allowing them to feel whatever their behaviors have earned them

be it
shame
embarrasment
fear

whatever they have earned

let it be

unpleasant consequences are what motivates changing habitual bad behaviors

let it roll
Need more here, when, how, how often, specific examples?

Establishing boundaries that disallow the affair to effect children of the marriage, financal security of the marriage, and otherwise ruin innocent bystanders.

Need more here, when, how, how often, specific examples?

Standing up to infidelity as a beast that must be slayed for the good of the family.

Am I missing something of the Stick portion of the carrot & stick plan? Some I've done or am doing, other parts need help with (see above).

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Confronted/admitted - EA turned PA - 9/11/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
OP Offline
Originally Posted by HDW
I'm sorry you are going through this.
You have been on my mind and prayers.
I went through the SAME thing you now are. Your wife is doing a wicked deed.
I found comfort in AlAnon during this time. They helped me emotionally disconnect from her behavior.
You can try to take her keys away. She may want you to try. She may want you to get so mad you punch her and go to jail. Then she thinks she will "win".
I assure you she is receiving advice from toxic friends encouraging her to get you out of the house somehow.
I encourage you to take this action:

Stay calm.
Document every time she leaves the home. CHECK
And find someone to talk to on the phone as soon as she leaves. Just for someone to talk to? Purpose?
If you can make it to an AlAnon support group that would be good. Why AlAnon? Same basic idea in terms of dealing with addicted people?
Aside from adultery your wife is also becoming a drunk. Is she driving drunk too? Definitely drinking way more than she EVER did. In 12 years, prior to this mess, I've seen her drink a handful of times and only a drink or two at that. Now she is drinking weekly, usually multiple times. Claims it "makes me feel good and helps me sleep". She is smart enough to not be driving drunk, at least I think. Never shown up at home wasted.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
File for a divorce, seeking full custody, use of the house, car and alimony. Go for blood, guy. See an attorney this week and get things moving before she beats you to the punch and you are left trying to catch up.
This is the main reason I haven't really implement the stop the Affair or I'm going go for full custody, the car, spousal support, child support etc, aspect of "the stick". As soon as she hears that, I'm very certain she will start doing her homework and try to do everything she can to prevent it. She is extremely smart and when she sets her mind to do something, she will do it and exceedingly well. I'm going to start looking for a lawyer tomorrow. Luckily, when I was running my business, I had done work for two attorneys and both of them are good friends. Don't think either do divorce, but I'm sure they can refer me. What do I need to look for in a divorce attorney. Never hired an attorney in my life, and it's critical now that I get the right one for the (potential) job.

You Plan A until you cannot do it any longer and this bish's luggage should have been on the front porch the first time she went out while you babysat.
Would that not be the start of Plan B then?

Originally Posted by HDW
I encourage you to speak to an attorney prior to getting a night job.
Strategically I believe you are better off remaining in the home as the caregiver.

I will check into this. Good tip. I'm the only one going in there at night when DD is cold and needs covers put on. Usually a couple times a night. Always has been me, so W could sleep since she was working. When DD was younger, sometimes I would spend hours in her room trying to get her back to sleep, then try to get out quietly only for her to hear the squeaky floor and I'd have to start all over. Ahh, those were the days. W never had to deal with that. At least not directly.

Originally Posted by HDW
Is the only determining factor in length of time to endure Plan A how long the BS can deal with it? Is there signs that the WS can do/say that are indicators it's time to move to Plan B? I know Plan A is excruciatingly hard, but WW keeps asking about signing papers, is constantly frustrated with me, constantly going out, angry I'm trying..... the list goes on.

Plan B is designed to protect the betrayed spouse.
It often kills the affair because it forces the affair partners (a happened with Jon and Sue) to rely on each other to meet all emotional needs.
So how do I know when it's time to move to Plan B? I don't want to do it too soon, but the pessimistic side of me says Plan A ain't doing S*. Though I know the idea is No Expectations and self improvement regardless of outcome.

Last edited by 2little_2late; 09/24/12 02:57 AM.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
OP Offline
Originally Posted by HDW
No it should not be ignored. Part of the stick of plan A is to confront her and tell her you know that she is lying.
You vehemently oppose the affair (stick) while being loving (carrot).

To which she will reply, it doesn't matter, there is nothing to this M anymore (or something along those lines).

I think she's going to bars and meeting men. Is this possible? Does she smell like alcohol?
No, she's going to the bar with her POSOM. and who knows what else. Today she claimed to be going shopping, but came home with no groceries and and a lie about a "class" she attended at the local health food store that she did in fact go to, only there was no classes today. I'm sure she went there and spent the rest of the time seeing that F.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
OP Offline
So, I had an idea on how to start making this POS's life hell. If there's a reason anyone can think of that I should NOT do this, please tell me.

I'm thinking about making a flyer. Saying something like:

"R.S. on Floor 2 is a homewrecker and is destroying my family. I'm trying to save my M and family. If you have any influence on him, please persuade him to stop."

And thought about putting a picture of my the three of us (not sure about this, as I'm not crazy about distributing DD's picture) on the flyer, and standing outside their work and handing them to the people that work in the building as they go in in the morning and/or at lunch time.

Also, had an idea to make a poster board type thing that says something like, "Watch out, the guy who lives here is a homewrecker" and walk back and forth in front of his house, on the public sidewalk. Not crazy about doing this personally, but I need to make this guys life hell.

Don't think there would be anything illegal about doing this, as it seems to be the same as picketing someplace. It's not slander as it is the truth.

Thoughts?

Also, going to do more digging and try to track down this POS's family for further exposure.

More ideas on making this guys life hell? Aside from the 3am phone calls from China or India (wherever it was)?

Just looking to put pressure directly on this F. Make his life uncomfortable.

Also want to be very careful and not do something that will hurt me when/if it comes time for a custody battle.

Last edited by 2little_2late; 09/24/12 03:14 AM.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
J
J
Your attorney friends can refer you to a good attorney.
I was blessed to have one in my fraternity but go off of referral.

J
J
So, I had an idea on how to start making this POS's life hell. If there's a reason anyone can think of that I should NOT do this, please tell me.

I'm thinking about making a flyer. Saying something like:

"R.S. on Floor 2 is a homewrecker and is destroying my family. I'm trying to save my M and family. If you have any influence on him, please persuade him to stop."

And thought about putting a picture of my the three of us (not sure about this, as I'm not crazy about distributing DD's picture) on the flyer, and standing outside their work and handing them to the people that work in the building as they go in in the morning and/or at lunch time.

Also, had an idea to make a poster board type thing that says something like, "Watch out, the guy who lives here is a homewrecker" and walk back and forth in front of his house, on the public sidewalk. Not crazy about doing this personally, but I need to make this guys life hell.

Don't think there would be anything illegal about doing this, as it seems to be the same as picketing someplace. It's not slander as it is the truth.

Thoughts?

Also, going to do more digging and try to track down this POS's family for further exposure.

More ideas on making this guys life hell? Aside from the 3am phone calls from China or India (wherever it was)?

Just looking to put pressure directly on this F. Make his life uncomfortable.

Also want to be very careful and not do something that will hurt me when/if it comes time for a custody battle.

Your wife's boyfriend is a lowlife scum. Absolute leech on families and marriages.
I think you would be better off backing away from him (don't carry a protest sign or hand out flyers) and focus on yourself and your daughter.
When you confront your wife, I understand she will say the marriage is over. You need only look her in the eyes and say You are lying and commuting adultery " then walk away.

It is one thing to hide an affair. Your wife actually taunts you by asking how nice she looks for her date. She is wicked. She may not have always been. But she is now.
And it seems she just wants to be a drunk whore.

As an outsider looking in, I think you would be better off divorcing her ASAP.
However I understand you may not want to. If not I encourage you to attend AlAnon meetings so that her actions won't make you insane. And believe me, her actions are affecting you. Because a sane person would not want to be with someone that treats them like this.

***EDIT***

Last edited by Ariel; 09/24/12 08:51 AM. Reason: TOS: non Harley resource
Until you make the A more trouble than it is worth, it sounds like she is most likely going to continue.

1) Expose further - Hit other key targets put the spotlight on the A wherever possible
2) Approach POSOM and let him know you are going to fight for your M and make his life hell - and then DO it
3) Continue to not LB but at the same time be FIRM about your expectations and do not make it easy on her to see him. Use words like 'adultery partner' when referring to POSOM
4) Make it perfectly clear what a D will look like - paint an aweful picture
5) Do not enable her one bit. Be strong and decisive in your actions

You cannot control her. But you can control you. Remember, A's are an addiction. Treating it as such will get the best results.

Unitl you remove the source of the addiction, no positive results for your M will happen.

Pull out all the stops to end the illusion.

J
J
You ask when to plan B?
I think you should now. Unless you want to zipper up your wife's dress for her next date with the lowlife scum.

I remember my ex wife actually and home from sleeping with the guy, said she enjoyed the sex and left her pants and underwear in our family washing machine. I was angry. But I didn't do anything.

Fast forward a few months and when she moved out she left underwear and clothes. I donated her dresses to goodwill and BURNED her underwear in a bonfire. Good riddance to that crazy cheating behavior.

Just a few months away from her and I was able to think much clearer. I reached a point where I was so physically, emotionally exhausted that I couldn't go on.
Then I admitted her behavior was more than I could handle. It was something I could not control. I could only control my actions. So I gave her to God to take care of. Today she lives with the same drug addict boyfriend and I have custody of my children. I know that she will go through misery and I feel sorry for her. But I also know that God can help her more than I can.

Totally your call but I would not plan B yet.

I wouldn't do it until you have exhaused your options in Plan A right now. Personally, I think you can hit this thing harder before you pull out. If you plan B and separate right now..most likely it will fuel the A further.

But, your call. You have to remember it took a long time for her love for you to die and will take a long time for her feeling for OM to subside and rekindle with you.

Don't think you have exhausted your current resources yet to go to Plan B.

Last edited by 20YearHistory; 09/24/12 08:59 AM.
J
J
20 she is askin him how her [censored] looks in her dress for her date.
She is abusing him. It is pure abuse.
The best thing he could do is get away from her toxicity.
Asking him to live with her is like asking someone to live with a raging drunk. What's the point? To be a survivor?

Z
Z
It is too soon for plan b. Get an attorney, the toughest one you can find. Have her served. Do everything you can to find the other man's family. Expose to his mother, siblings, everyone you can find. He needs to be exposed.

Appeal to your in laws. Explain that you are trying to break up an adulterous affair and that your wife is brazenly flaunting her sexcapades in your face.

Tell your wife she will in no way carry out her affair in front of you. Tell her she isn't going anywhere in that car without you and dd.

Plan A while you're working on the rest of this.

INSIST THAT SHE NOT CARRY OUT HER AFFAIR IN FRONT OF YOU and if that means hiding the car keys, that's what you do.

J
J
2little do you have a church family?

Originally Posted by HDW
20 she is askin him how her [censored] looks in her dress for her date.
She is abusing him. It is pure abuse.
The best thing he could do is get away from her toxicity.
Asking him to live with her is like asking someone to live with a raging drunk. What's the point? To be a survivor?

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. So is he. I happen to disagree with your assessment and approach.

I was able to save my M after my FWW's A by using good judgment. My judgment call at this stage is to not go into Plan B yet for the reason as described above.

Again, his call.

Last edited by 20YearHistory; 09/24/12 11:03 AM.
Originally Posted by zibbles
It is too soon for plan b. Get an attorney, the toughest one you can find. Have her served. Do everything you can to find the other man's family. Expose to his mother, siblings, everyone you can find. He needs to be exposed.

Appeal to your in laws. Explain that you are trying to break up an adulterous affair and that your wife is brazenly flaunting her sexcapades in your face.

Tell your wife she will in no way carry out her affair in front of you. Tell her she isn't going anywhere in that car without you and dd.

Plan A while you're working on the rest of this.

INSIST THAT SHE NOT CARRY OUT HER AFFAIR IN FRONT OF YOU and if that means hiding the car keys, that's what you do.

+1

Any A is abuse. Of course she is abusing you right now. That is what an A is. Abuse.

She 'feels' that her love for you is dead. She 'feels' like she is in love with OM. Her life is being driven by her 'feelings'.

Until the A is busted up and her head comes back down from the clouds, she is validating her feelings by justifying she is in love with him. How else could she justify her actions? No other way.

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater here either. In the end, she still might stay in crazy town mentally but you don't want to look back and say 'what if's'. There is more you can do now before you go into plan b.

Plan b at this stage is going to just allow them to sail off into the sunset leaving you in the dust.

Is that what you want? Have you put up your best fight yet?

Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation