Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
C
C
I can't help but think that these are the kind of Christian men who get to the part about "Wives, submit to your husbands" and just stop reading.

**EDIT**

Last edited by CicadaMB; 09/26/12 08:52 AM. Reason: TOS: please do not post links to non-MB material

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
N
N
MS

When was the last time you sat in church next to your W.... and put your arm around her?

Do you even sit by her in church or do you sit with your female friends?

How about at socal functions? Where are you and where is your W?

How about a respectful conversation with your W? Has that happened in the recent past? Within the past year?

How about your free time activities? Do you invite your W to come along? Do you ever participate in her free time activities?

When was the last time you were intimant with your W?

Now when was the last time that intamcy lead to sex?

How about affection? A hug and a kiss? Remember those? You gotta give one to get one you know.........

What the F do a bunch of failing Christian men know about how a M should work from just the "Snipets" that are presented by you? Think your a little biased?

Don't expect you'll do much to answer these questions. Your too busy trying to prove your innocent of wrong doing concerning these Female Fiendships (not a typo) to take a look at other aspects of your R with your W that hurt her deeply.

Last question
As long as Wifey is at home (cookin/cleanin) you can see her anytime you want then why with the attitude you present (and we see) would she be special?

ANSWER
She isn't beacuse your needs are being filled by your Female Fiendships.

Its called emotional affair. Just as damaging to the Marital relationship as Physical affair.

nESRE

Last edited by nesre; 09/25/12 08:39 PM. Reason: real t/o's
L
L
MS,

You keep coming back to post, which can be a really good thing. I do have a question, what are you wanting to accomplish?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
M
OP Offline
M
I am reading the posts. It's fascinating. It's maddening.

I met with a pastor today, one that my wife has met with, and told him about our (my wife and myself) different perspectives on the other women friendships. We talked and he seemed to understand. I insist upon my innocents. We see it differently.

when I came home I told her I'd met with the pastor. She wanted to know what was said. I told her and she got mad again. She called the pastor and even said she wanted a divorce. This is news to me.

In truth, I don't recreate with her.

I don't sit by her at church funcions.

I don't dance with her at dances.

I do not show physical afffection to her...I'm not affectionate.

Our conversations are horrible.

She does wants she wants without me.

Social functions, I go my way she goes hers. I like to talk to people and I told her I get to see her at home. Ya, I know, you'll all think this is scandalous, but I like talking to people. She seemed okay with this.

Today she told me that I hurt her worse than her mothers death.

Dont know what to do with that.

I'm getting a bit suspicious becasue how did you know that we fight about all those things.

M
M
Originally Posted by MSaccused
when I came home I told her I'd met with the pastor. She wanted to know what was said. I told her and she got mad again. She called the pastor and even said she wanted a divorce. This is news to me.

I agree this would be a good idea for her. The fact that you value your "friendships" with these women more than her should be enough for her to separate and get a divorce. When a husband is this thoughtless and abusive, that is the best solution.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
You're killing me, ML.

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I agree this would be a good idea for her. The fact that you value your "friendships" with these women more than her should be enough for her to separate and get a divorce. When a husband is this thoughtless and abusive, that is the best solution.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
You're killing me, ML.

No, you are killing your wife. Your thoughtless and abusive behavior is harmful to her. And she needs to separate.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
Since you two do nothing together in public........why DO you want to stay married to her?

What emotional needs of yours does she fullfill?

Wouldn't life be so much more wonderful if you were

sitting next to her in church
danced
kissed
held hands in public
talked about all sorts of cool things

if she were your favorite and most constant recreational companion?

M
OP Offline
M
I don't know how it came to this. I don't think I'm doing anything so different from years past. My wife seems unreachable.

She says she snapped.She thinks I'll mistreat her untill the day she dies. I don't think I mistreat her, she gives as good as she gets. She's been pretty hard on me, too.

I honestly don't know how we got here. I've been trying.

M
M
I don't know how it came to this. I don't think I'm doing anything so different from years past. My wife seems unreachable.

She says she snapped.She thinks I'll mistreat her untill the day she dies. I don't think I mistreat her, she gives as good as she gets. She's been pretty hard on me, too.

I honestly don't know how we got here. I've been trying.

You make her miserable with your mistreatment. So she has every reason to get out of this marriage. No one wants to stay with someone who makes them miserable.

There is nothing here for her except misery, so she gains by getting away from you.

Exposure 101

M
M

Social functions, I go my way she goes hers. I like to talk to people and I told her I get to see her at home. Ya, I know, you'll all think this is scandalous, but I like talking to people. She seemed okay with this.

Wow, what woman wouldn't jump at the chance to stay in that marriage? crazy

Exposure 101

M
M

What a catch! sick

Exposure 101

A
A
What a life! It sounds miserable. No wonder your wife wants a divorce. What is it that are you getting out of the marriage? Why do you care about being married or not?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
OP Offline
M
I didn't think I was so bad. My wife always seemed happy.

I thought the marriage was ok. I knew she wanted more but I guess I like my independence. I know she made many adjustments to accommodate me. (because she tells me so)

Seriously, It seems like she's making something out of nothing. That is from my view point. I will consider what you've all offered.

Looks bleak.

M
OP Offline
M
I love her. That's what I get out of the marriage.

M
M
I didn't think I was so bad. My wife always seemed happy.

She is miserable. No woman would want to stay in such a miserable marriage. Nor should they. You sure couldn't get a woman to date you with that pathetic resume. yuck... crazy

I support her plan to divorce you 100%.

Exposure 101

A
A
Ah. You value your independent behavior, your dishonesty, your lack of meeting your wife's emotional needs. You are delivering what Dr. Harley calls lovebusters. Have you read the basic concepts here about the love bank, emotional needs and lovebusters? You have drained your wife's lovebank and she has had enough of your neglect and abuse to want out of the marriage. There is alot of reading for you here on the site and in Dr. Harley's books.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M
I love her. That's what I get out of the marriage.

You don't demonstrate love and care. You are abusive and thoughtless. No woman would ever be attracted to that.

Exposure 101

M
M
YUCK!

Exposure 101

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation