Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Originally Posted by Aphelion...
there are way too many adulterers and so-called former adulterers here...for my comfort level. They, nearly every one of them, tend to piss me off no end and it leaks into my posts...I am irritated knowing that even just one exists all the way over on the other side of the world.

I indiscriminately despise nearly all present and former adulterers so much if exposure makes them suffer even a little bit (and hopefully a lot) I am all for it. I will not even allow any of you to work for me. And I don�t at all mind being called judgmental or self-righteous. Just hope we never cross paths irl.

Why do you stay married to a WW who you have such contempt for? Divorce sounds like the best solution for you, Aphelion...and is long overdue. I sincerely hope you give it serious thought when you are away on your next trip. There is such a better way to live than this.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by Aphelion...
there are way too many adulterers and so-called former adulterers here...for my comfort level. They, nearly every one of them, tend to piss me off no end and it leaks into my posts...I am irritated knowing that even just one exists all the way over on the other side of the world.

I indiscriminately despise nearly all present and former adulterers so much if exposure makes them suffer even a little bit (and hopefully a lot) I am all for it. I will not even allow any of you to work for me. And I don�t at all mind being called judgmental or self-righteous. Just hope we never cross paths irl.

Why do you stay married to a WW who you have such contempt for? Divorce sounds like the best solution for you, Aphelion...and is long overdue. I sincerely hope you give it serious thought when you are away on your next trip. There is such a better way to live than this.

Agreed.

When you can't post on a anonymous forum because it angers you so much to be around waywards and former waywards yet you go home and share a bed (or at least a house) with one...something is wrong with you.

I have pity for you...but then again, at this point, YOU'RE CHOOSING THIS EXISTENCE.

Plenty of Catholics remain married and permanently separated.

Godspeed.

W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
H
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
********************EDIT******************

I am going to ask the mods to remove those references. I shouldn't have posted that.

faint

You never cease to amaze.

Again, I respect the heck out of you, lady.

I understand your position and why you defend it. Fair enough?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
A
OP Offline
A
Drats, puny human. You have discovered my true identity.

I have not felt like I belong on this planet for a long time now. It�s like I am not really human. I am somehow stranded here. But, I posted this info a long time ago. It�s nice to come across someone who can read and remember posts.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons I cannot seem to discern hidden human motives. Although, at the time, I was in love with her. Nothing felt like a sacrifice. Nothing felt like a lie. At the time.

However, a slightly more careful reading of my post would have revealed I actually agree with Dr H. Some few adulteries may be a moment of weakness, I�ve just never seen one. And other adulteries are in the not all marriages should be saved category. And then there is everything in-between. Even agreeing with MB gets one yelled at around here.

Mr W, if the real difference between us is I have never wanted to commit adultery; have never planned it, desired it, plotted it or tried to do it in any way then I am fine with not being human..

I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

I posted this ethics article to show even some so called ethics experts, PhDs, college professors of ethics - the people teaching your children about the difference between right and wrong think adultery is no big deal and can be swept under the rug when convenient to do so. Like, there is no ethical need to expose adultery whenever you come across it.

Only Mel initially got it. Nearly everyone else misread the article entirely or is only interested in personal attacks.

Weird.

OK by me, but kind of creepy, actually.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
A
OP Offline
A
Huh? What post? What court case?

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
M
M
I posted this ethics article to show even some so called ethics experts, PhDs, college professors of ethics - the people teaching your children about the difference between right and wrong think adultery is no big deal and can be swept under the rug when convenient to do so. Like, there is no ethical need to expose adultery whenever you come across it.

Only Mel initially got it. Nearly everyone else misread the article entirely or is only interested in personal attacks.

Weird.

OK by me, but kind of creepy, actually.
Consider that you might need to adjust your presentation to accommodate the people with whom you are trying to communicate. I am in Mensa and lost your point entirely. I lost my focus with all of your meandering.

It's called "collaborative communication'. Sure makes things a lot easier.

I have no idea what your gig is as far as being an alien, but I trust that you will adjust to your surroundings on this planet until you regenerate to another essence on another plane. While you're here, though, I'll remind you that you are on the Marriage Builders Website, a human construction intended to support this society's dictates of marital consort, and to help repair and recover said consorts if possible with the best knowledge given by one of the humans on this planet.

If you are having trouble receiving this message, adjust your tinfoil hat accordingly.
I am somehow stranded here.
Rent the move ET. Perhaps that will help you navigate your way back. He needed help from a kid who was quite efficient - try to find one to help you on your journey back.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

A
OP Offline
A
Maybe you are correct. But I thought it was rather obvious. The attack replies kind of jerked me around.

PS: I tested three nines in college. I doubt I would score that now. The AA/ADs for almost two years after DDay 2 of the VLTA left me unable to focus like I once could. I think this is till the case. Another reason to resent adultery, adulterers and former adulterers, I guess. Some damage never goes away.

In any case, I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member (Groucho Marx).

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
I
I
Originally Posted by Aphelion
Another reason to resent adultery, adulterers and former adulterers, I guess.

I found resentment made it tough to think clearly too.

So I worked on curing my resentment. I don't want to live a resentful life and there is zero reason why I should.

It is very hard work to heal. Exhausting. But so worth it.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

K
K
I wish I could work through resentment as well as all of you. I still can't quite make it over the hump of resentment (maternal abandonment).

I'm going to try and learn from you guys.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation