Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
J
J
The thing about the craigslist ads is really weird.
That's random sex with strangers.
Was she promiscuous before you married her?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by HDW
What is her mom doing? She lives next door

AFAIK, not a damn thing. I stopped looking to them for help when they stated that I was to blame for things getting the way they are. If they are doing anything, I'd say they are enabling.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Confronted/admitted - EA turned PA - 9/11/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
M
M
Originally Posted by 2little_2late
[
I'm not exactly sure what part of plan B you all want me to get on, but the only part I'm interested in is the no contact portion.

That is what I had in mind too. What she is doing is abusive and is wearing you down emotionally. Eventually you will start having physical problems too from living like this.

The purpose of Plan B is to protect YOU regardless of whether you want to remain married or not. In your case, I would get into Plan B and then file for divorce.

Would she get out if you asked her to move?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
File for full custody. Supervised visitation for her.
You can bargain down.

Motion for exclusive use of the residence (probably wont be granted)

Motion for child support order.

If you can do background checks on these Craigslist guys that would be good. Maybe one of them is a felon or child molester. That could help your case

Jedi_Knight #2679695 11/03/12 11:13 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by HDW
The thing about the craigslist ads is really weird.
That's random sex with strangers.
Was she promiscuous before you married her?

No not all. In fact she had only been with one other guy a few times. Something snapped in her brain either when she was pregnant or right after giving birth as she's never been the same as she was before that.

I think she's going through some kind of thing where she needs to feel wanted and attractive and when POSOM dumped her [censored] she had to quickly find someone else to fill the void. Though she contacted 5 or 6 guys and sent them her phone number, so for all I know she's still texting all of them AND seeing POSOM again.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
MelodyLane #2679696 11/03/12 11:14 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[
I'm not exactly sure what part of plan B you all want me to get on, but the only part I'm interested in is the no contact portion.

Would she get out if you asked her to move?

I'd say that is extremely unlikely. Pretty much a definitely not.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
OP Offline
Originally Posted by HDW

Why not? From what I understand, continued emotional abuse is one of the things considered in deciding on that motion.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
J
J
Originally Posted by HDW
What is her mom doing? She lives next door

AFAIK, not a damn thing. I stopped looking to them for help when they stated that I was to blame for things getting the way they are. If they are doing anything, I'd say they are enabling.

Typical mother. The maternal grandmothers will lie through their teeth to get the grand kid.
Be guarded against any false accusations. The mom could say you beat her daughter or threatened her just to get you out. Keep your recorder on at all times

J
J
Originally Posted by HDW

Why not? From what I understand, continued emotional abuse is one of the things considered in deciding on that motion.

Yes I'm sure it would be. But you would need to have an expert write a letter that you are suffering from emotional abuse. And if you can't afford an attorney then you probably can't afford therapy.

But you still file for it. Ask for everything under the moon. Always want to negotiate down

J
J
Is she talking to you when she is home?
My wife would always try to talk, I followed Northwoods advice and would offer her a cup of coffee. I kept repeating that same mantra (even though after attending a few AlAnon meetings I started to seriously question If I really needed or wanted her back). But I kept saying, anytime she mentioned divorce "I am willing to work with you to create a loving healthy marriage where both of our needs are met".

Sometimes she would wake me up at 2 am and say she needed to talk. I would be too tired to leave my bed so I learned to look at her and recite various prayers and bible verses in my mind. So I actually wasn't listening to her at all. She would yell, threaten, slap me.

My wife told me I needed mental help and was psychotic.

Does your wife have similar behaviors?

J
J
Are you exercising and eating healthy?
Another poster who is also in a whirlwind of trouble has taken up exercising a lot more.
It helps with stress, etc. try to make sure you for walks or jogging daily

OP Offline
Uh, most of the time, when she is home, she acts pretty much normal. That is, the normal before all this started happening. I can tell when things are going rough for her in her A because she will be ultra [censored]. But as an example, today we took DD to do something fun where she could play indoors all day. WW spent most of that time sitting down because her "tummy hurt" (she gets this when she eats.....pretty much anything) and spent the rest of the time reading magazine and texting. All the while I spent direct time with DD, joining her in play and keeping an eye on her. We're talking about 5 hours here. WW is "there", but she's usually stuck on her phone or in the bathroom.

This weekend is her third weekend where she's likely spending the night at POSOM's house and coming home minutes before (sometimes after, like today) DD wakes up. Then she goes in the room and sleeps 4-5 hours. Like I said, the longer I can let her do what she's doing, the better my case gets.

As for the expert writing a letter about emotional abuse, would not proof of the continous adultery be enough? Does one who is suffering from physical abuse need an expert to write a letter saying the person is in fact "suffering" from physical abuse. I'm not saying you are wrong, just analyzing what you've said.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
OP Offline
Originally Posted by HDW
Are you exercising and eating healthy?
Another poster who is also in a whirlwind of trouble has taken up exercising a lot more.
It helps with stress, etc. try to make sure you for walks or jogging daily

I has started to, but as things progressed, I need to be around my DD as much as possible to minimize her alone time with WW. I also am basically doing my own D paperwork. I'm also in the process of getting my classic car into a driveable state so I will have a car. Once I file, and hopefully boot WW from the house, her car will go with her.

**edit**

Last edited by MBLBanker; 11/04/12 08:58 AM. Reason: TOS: email exchanges are only permitted through authorization by our administrator, Justuss2@aol.com. Please do not attempt to circumvent this rule from the Terms of Service. Thank you.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
M
M
Originally Posted by HDW

2L, I have seen it granted several times over the years so don't be discouraged. Most attorneys are lazy so it is real important that you get one who is willing to fight for you. I would also make sure he keeps your children legally protected from any of her affair partners.

Even though you don't thnk she would move if asked, I would ask her. And keep asking EVERY DAY until she gets out. If she won't hit the road, then start making plans to move out yourselF.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
I encourage you to go to a local church.
Most have a van that will pick you up and take you and your daughter to church.
You can find a great support system there and advice for how to proceed.

J
J
As for attorney fees you can file a motion for your wife to pay your attorney fees.
It may or may not be granted. My wife filed that against me and the court made me pay her $500, but no more.

There was poster here that did it pro se. He could offer you better pro se advice.
I'm trying to recall his name, I think it was Jim or Tim or Burned. BH is good with memory, maybe if she or melody Or Northwood remembers they could find this poster and ask him to give you advice.

N
N

dramaqueen Oh, dear me, I have nothing with which to fight Skanky. Of course, I've neutered myself by abdicating the NECESSARY male role of breadwinner and wage-earner, but there NOTHING I can do now!!!

Okay, time to grow up, my friend, and start fighting for yourself and (dare I say it?) your manhood!

1) Tomorrow start looking for a job. Take the first one offered. Childcare? I don't really care. Leave the house before skanky does each morning on your job-search. Let her solve the problem, holding her screaming infant.

2) Isolate your new earnings frrom her. New account separate bank, the whole nine yards.

3) Every penny you earn goes to your legal efforts to divorce this witch, with the exception of your first purchase - a couple of VARs to protect you from the predictable bogus DV complaint.

And if you DARE start with the "I couldn't do that to our daughter" crap, you will have shown yourself to be totally feckless and hopeless. What's it gonna be, boy?

J
J
Do you have a relative (not your wife side of family) that can help watch your kid?

J
J
I think he already has a recorder.
Little, you better have one because all it takes is your wife to call the police and say you threatened to harm her with her mom (neighbor) as a witness. You will find yourself banned from your daughter and home.
Keep that recorder on you at all times.
I slept with mine inside my pajamas

OP Offline
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
dramaqueen Oh, dear me, I have nothing with which to fight Skanky. Of course, I've neutered myself by abdicating the NECESSARY male role of breadwinner and wage-earner, but there NOTHING I can do now!!!

Okay, time to grow up, my friend, and start fighting for yourself and (dare I say it?) your manhood!

1) Tomorrow start looking for a job. Take the first one offered. Childcare? I don't really care. Leave the house before skanky does each morning on your job-search. Let her solve the problem, holding her screaming infant.

2) Isolate your new earnings frrom her. New account separate bank, the whole nine yards.

3) Every penny you earn goes to your legal efforts to divorce this witch, with the exception of your first purchase - a couple of VARs to protect you from the predictable bogus DV complaint.

And if you DARE start with the "I couldn't do that to our daughter" crap, you will have shown yourself to be totally feckless and hopeless. What's it gonna be, boy?

First, she can be as skanky as she wants to be, it only helps my cause, which is getting full custody of my daughter. I'm not going to do anything that will hamper that process. So, if she wants to be competing for Super Skank of 2012, let her. I'm so far past the point of caring what she does other than what she is/has done to affect my DD. In fact, I'm happy every time she's going out skanky, because it's just another great entry in my daily log. And when she comes back home at 8am.....Priceless! Clearly WW is not painting herself an ideal candidate for full custody or even primary custody whereas I am doing 100% the opposite. That's how it will stay.

Second, I'm already in the process of getting work lined up. I have to finish taking some required classes to resume working in my trade as a Journeyman, even though I previously worked at Journeyman level and have been through the apprenticeship program. They changed the process, now ya gotta have the classes. However, from some of what I've been reading, the courts tend to favor a full time parent to stay home raising the kids with spousal maintenance, than to thrust the former full time parent (me) out to work in the midst of all that is going on. In the mean time, let her support us.

Third, I have do indeed have a VAR and it has been working overtime.

BH (me) - 40 WW-31
Married 4, together 12
DD 3
DDay (EA) - 8/17/12
Exposed- 9/12/12
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation