Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
J
J
A good idea may be to create a form letter to fire off to relatives whenever they want to talk about your husband.
Here is a copy of the form letter I used:

Dear In law relative,

As you know *** and I are now divorced.�
I would like to maintain good relations with you as I believe that our children benefit from your involvement in their lives.�
Please feel free to visit or call anytime.�

I request that you do not contact me concerning **** �I do not want to know of her welfare, relationship status, or any other concern.�

I will continue to remain in contact with **** on child related issues.�

Thank you,

J
J
I caution you not to talk to people in the bar about this.
Your job is very vulnerable to starting an affair.

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
I sent him a text saying basically that. He actually was asking something unrelated to me and WH, which thank God.

I actually have high boundaries towards other men. I always have; I have never cheated on anyone. I understand that men and women cannot be friends if their is a husband and wife involved. I would never talk to any man about my issues. I am still married and as long as I am I will be faithful to my husband, even if he isn't. Those are my values and morals and standard!

I already today had some advice that maybe I should just find someone else, to show him I'll be alright. I do not like that, and it pisses me off. Why don't people understand I just want to grieve and get over this before I move onto something else. I feel like there's going to be a big red arrow pointing at me the second I take my ring off. Not b/c I'm all that, b/c I'm still married and I feel like that's when I'll get the most creeps hitting on me. And then when I'm ready to date, it will be crickets.

I almost called an attorney today. I just couldn't, maybe tomorrow I can.

BW 35
WH 31
Married to a serial cheater
D Day - 9 times between June 2012 & April 2013
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
J
J
Have you read Surviving an Affair by Dr Bill Harley?

N
N
Originally Posted by 6877
He went through my IM today for a prescription that I had picked up for him; he wanted me to put it in the mailbox and he would stop and get it.

He needs to handle his own prescriptions from now on or have some family member do it instead.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Knight - I have read Surviving an Affair, I only have a little left of it. The problem is the book makes me hopeful, and I can't be hopeful at this moment. And it also makes me see all the things that I was doing wrong in our relationship, which then also makes me think if I change then maybe it would work. I really like the concepts and I wish we had followed them before, maybe things would be differant. I know that's wishful thinking and I just can't be hopeful in any way!

No I will not be handling any more of his things whatsoever. I handled a good majority of his stuff and I am done. That I won't miss!! We won't have to go through my IM that much. We have no kids and we don't really have anything together. I think I should get to keep what's in the house since he wasted all our money on a wedding and my parent's money for that matter.

Not sleeping the best. Up down, up down. Everytime I hear something I think its him coming to the door. Really there's nothing he could do now that would ever save this marriage but I guess that doesn't make it less hurtful.

I'm on day 3 of plan B. Yeah for me, I have to be thankful for each day that I'm out of the drama!

I should call an attorney today. I just keep thinking of the holidays and my birthday right around the corner and how hard it's going to be. Anyway, on to day 3.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
B
B
Knight - I have read Surviving an Affair, I only have a little left of it. The problem is the book makes me hopeful, and I can't be hopeful at this moment. And it also makes me see all the things that I was doing wrong in our relationship, which then also makes me think if I change then maybe it would work. I really like the concepts and I wish we had followed them before, maybe things would be differant. I know that's wishful thinking and I just can't be hopeful in any way!

No I will not be handling any more of his things whatsoever. I handled a good majority of his stuff and I am done. That I won't miss!! We won't have to go through my IM that much. We have no kids and we don't really have anything together. I think I should get to keep what's in the house since he wasted all our money on a wedding and my parent's money for that matter.

Not sleeping the best. Up down, up down. Everytime I hear something I think its him coming to the door. Really there's nothing he could do now that would ever save this marriage but I guess that doesn't make it less hurtful.

I'm on day 3 of plan B. Yeah for me, I have to be thankful for each day that I'm out of the drama!

I should call an attorney today. I just keep thinking of the holidays and my birthday right around the corner and how hard it's going to be. Anyway, on to day 3.

Have you been into your doctor about your sleep?

Did you give him a Plan B letter?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
I gave him a plan B letter back in September the first time I plan B'd him. I moved his stuff out and left the letter with it and got on a plane to North Carolina. I was gone for a week and when I got home he was doing everything on my list of requirements. It wasn't to long though that things started to slide and then he broke the NC October 16th I believe. I didn't think it was necessary to write another one? What could he do to be better now?

I realize it's only been 3 days, but I feel relief in not constantly checking his email, facebook, phone records over and over all day. I'm a little bored without all that constant drama all day long smile.

I have a lot of work for the next 3 days pulling doubles, today and tomorrow. It should be good as long as I stay focused and don't get down. On Sunday I have to move all his stuff out to the garage. There isn't a ton here but I fear it will be a really hard day. The finality of all his stuff being gone will be a lot for me to process.

I will force myself to keep reading and maybe do some of the worksheets.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
B
B
I gave him a plan B letter back in September the first time I plan B'd him. I moved his stuff out and left the letter with it and got on a plane to North Carolina. I was gone for a week and when I got home he was doing everything on my list of requirements. It wasn't to long though that things started to slide and then he broke the NC October 16th I believe. I didn't think it was necessary to write another one? What could he do to be better now?

I realize it's only been 3 days, but I feel relief in not constantly checking his email, facebook, phone records over and over all day. I'm a little bored without all that constant drama all day long smile.

I have a lot of work for the next 3 days pulling doubles, today and tomorrow. It should be good as long as I stay focused and don't get down. On Sunday I have to move all his stuff out to the garage. There isn't a ton here but I fear it will be a really hard day. The finality of all his stuff being gone will be a lot for me to process.

Good a dark Plan B will help heal.

What other things do you have planned for you? Have you read Dr.H's Buyers, Renters and Freeloaders?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J

If you think a three day break from the drama is nice, you will love a three month break from it.
My wayward wife refused to end her affair.
It was absolutely devastating for me. We had a family and she threw it all away. I felt like my world was coming to an end.
But I learned that we can't base our self value on how others (including our cheating spouses see us).

Once I fully understood that I can only control my actions, not hers, not OM, not the man on the moon then the real work began of self improvement.

My marriage ended in divorce because she refused to write a NC letter.
I've watched as other betrayed spouses recover their marriages but there is absolutely no trust. I tried monitoring my wife during the affair and false recovery and it was too much work for me ; too stressfull ;It consumed all of my time. Many betrayed spouses literally become their marriage Parole officer.

And the problem is: what if the parole officer gets sick ? What if you are bed ridden for 6 weeks? If there is no reason to trust then the wayward just has another affair.

I think you will enjoy plan B the longer you are in it.
He may try to break plan B. don't allow him to.
Focus on self improvement. Some posters write about having your nails painted and hair done and that's all fine but also focus on real self
Improvement. Reading an informative book like Brainhurt suggests or exercising or volunteering.

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
BH - No I haven't read Buyers, Renters, & Freeloaders. It will be next book I decided. There really is so much information here, just trying to get to it all is very time consuming. I have learned a ton just from the basic concepts the reading SAA.
I don't have a ton planned yet; it was one of the things I asked in my mass email to "girls" that everyone remember to invite me to things. It's the plus side of working part time in a bar for 13 years; I know a lot of ladies! I pretty much emailed everyone from my bachelorette party. Weird, all in the same year.... I will begin to try to find things to put on my calender that will make me happy.

Knight - My WH has been gone and back I think 3 times. There were times it felt like my heart was ripped from my chest and there was just an open bleeding hole there and he didn't care. Not one bit. It was always all about him. He keeps going back to Elvis and I have no idea why??? Nor does it matter much anymore. I'm not sure if I'm past the pain that causes your stomach to hurt so bad that you can't eat. Where your heart is broke so bad that it literally hurts in chest where a heart belongs. It feels like I'm pass that. I've been there so many times. This just feels real. Like I have to do this.
I have on many occasions discussed with my WH that exact fact of me getting sick and what then?? Would it be okay for him to just have an affair? So many times I've brought that up. It's so weird, b/c it isn't okay and where down the line in my life did I for one second have to have a conversation like that with my husband. When did that become a possibility to me?
He will try to break plan B. I'm amazed at even 3 days of nothing. I will have to be strong and walk the other way. It almost seems impossible to me. But I HAVE to!
Right now I have a lot of work, but I do know I have to take care of myself, even when I don't want to. I am running; A LOT. I work out with friends; they would never let me stop, it's part of who I am.
Yes I will keep reading and self improving. I do believe plan B will save me and my life.

I really appreciate everyone who has posted on my thread. I really need people who know how this works, and what kind of pain it causes. I am a very strong woman, I have no idea or why I ever got to this place where I would stand by a serial cheater. Something I must figure out. Nighty night!

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
J
J
How far do you run?
I'm a marathon runner

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, right now only about four miles :-). I did a half marathon in May and I planned on doing a couple of sprint tri's as well but since I had to babysit my husband all the time I ended up doing no triathlons. 2 summers ago I did 3 sprint tri's. Definitely one of the biggest accomplishments of my life, doing sprint triathlons. I'm not the best by any means but it takes dedication and I didn't know I could do that. Same with my half marathon, who knew?? I would like to do a full one but it seems like it might take to much training. It's a good goal though.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
J
J
Either that or set a goal like running a half marathon every month.
That will keep your mind off of wh and it literally kills stress

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Alright, here we go. I did not have my WH work number blocked. He's called me about 10 times, left 2 messages. As soon as I got home I blocked his work number and I deleted his voicemails before I could listen. What do I do? I want to text Elvis and tell her to tell him to leave me alone? But what now if he comes to the house; he doesn't have a key to get in. This is how it always goes...he starts looking for me and then I always give in b/c he's sorry and he loves me and wah, wah, wah. This is where I lose myself...

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
J
J
You did the right thing by blocking his number.
Poster IndieGirl made a plan b checklist. I am going to try to find it and post here for you.
If he comes to the house don't answer the door

J
J
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
HOW TO PLAN B CORRECTLY
This is for those who need to go into Plan B and need quick, concise instructions. There is a lot of confusion on how to go into Plan B and what a correct Plan B actually looks like.

TIMING
~Do not go into Plan B quickly. It takes time to prep for Plan B. I went into Plan B in about 48 hours from the time I discovered we had been in a false recovery, and that�s really the quickest you can expect to be able to do this and do a good job of getting all of your ducks in a row. Except for eating and sleeping, I worked on getting ready for Plan B for those whole 48 hours, too. Prepping for Plan B is CRUCIAL and it takes a lot of TIME. Do not skimp on your planning otherwise it will backfire on you. Once you give that PBL to your WS, you want to be able to stay completely dark.

DETAILS ON HOUSING
~DO NOT worry about where the WS is going to live or how he/she is going to pay for it. This is not the BS�s problem. A WS should never be shielded from the consequences of their affair, and this is indeed a consequence. Only worry about yourself and your children at this point. If the WS was able to carry on in an affair all by him/herself, he/she can certainly figure this out. You have enough to worry about.

INTERMEDIARY (IM)
~Find an IM. There is no substitute for this. Do not underestimate the importance of an IM. Do not think �only� text messages or �only� emails are acceptable. They aren�t. YOU MUST FIND AN IM. It can be a family member, a friend or (best bet) someone from MB. A CLOSE family member (parent or in-law) isn�t recommended ~ they are usually not able to stay neutral enough and if you get into recovery this could be difficult.

IM�s ROLE
~An IM�s sole purpose is to be a SPAM FILTER (Steve Harley�s words), allowing only communication that fits the boundaries set forth in Plan B (i.e., regarding children and finances ONLY). It�s usually recommended that most of the communicating be done via email, that way everything is in writing. Phone calls and text messages are permissible but most find emailing easiest. My IM re-wrote emails between us in her own words in order to avoid any emotional tones/responses.

They do not share any other info the WS sends, regardless of how benign the content. ONLY pertinent info is to be sent through to the BS. The IM is also not to share any info about the BS with the WS. Pertinent info about children and finances only should be passed back and forth.

The IM is to remain neutral...just a messenger sending info on, no reactions.

If the WS sends something inappropriate, the IM is to thank the WS for the communication, but let the WS know it will not be shared with the BS and refer the WS back to the PBL.

If the WS tries to contact the BS in any way, the IM is to tell the WS that the BS has not opened/listened to whatever it is, and the IM is to refer the WS back to the IM for all communication.

CHANGING THE LOCKS ON YOUR HOUSE
~This is very important so that the WS cannot come back into the marital home whenever he/she pleases. I called a locksmith out at about 10:00 pm on a Saturday night, he was very helpful. I didn�t have cash and didn�t want my WH to see on our credit card that I had called a locksmith, so he even followed me to a nearby grocery store to pull money out. He was very accommodating and seemed to understand that I was in trouble.

A second option instead of changing the locks is to simply put a deadbolt on any door to which the WS has a key. Also, if there is a garage door opener with a keypad, the keypad code needs to be changed. If you don�t have a keypad (only openers) and the WS has one, make sure to deadbolt/change the lock on the door between the garage and house. It is legal to change the locks on your own home, so do not be concerned about this.

PLAN B LETTER
~Write a �love letter� to your WS. Mention some particularly good memories the two of you have (vacations, special holiday traditions, silly moments).

Mention how hurt you are over the affair but that you are still willing to try to recover because of the love you have shared in the past. In one brief sentence state that you are not willing to do this until the A is over for good and that when it is, the WS is free to let the IM know and the IM can pass this info on to you.

Tell your WS that the pain is too great to be in contact with them while the A is continuing and because of that, you need to protect yourself.

Close the letter with �I love you and will be praying for you� or something similar.

Curtail the letter to your situation. This is a �love letter� so do not add any specifics on how PB will be carried out ~ those will go in an addendum to your PBL. It�s best if this letter is in your own handwriting rather than typed.

ADDENDUM
~In the addendum will be the logistics of how full NC between the BS and WS will be carried out. Here you will list the drop off and pick up points of children, who will be your IM, how the financial obligations will work. This is NOT part of your PBL, but it WILL be given to the WS when the PBL is delivered.

In the addendum you will also let the WS know that you have packed up all of THEIR personal belongings (no household items) and that the WS's boxes will be left __________ (on the front porch or driveway, second option would be a friend or family member's home) until ________ (usually 2-3 days from the time the letter is given). I packed up all of my H's belongings in about 30 minutes. This shouldn't take long.

IF THE WS ATTEMPTS CONTACT
IGNORE HIM/HER if it comes in the form of a phone call, email, text message, etc. Let the IM know and ask the IM to reiterate to the WS again that all contact MUST go through the IM.

If it�s in person, walk away. My H caught me in our garage one day, he was early picking the kids up and I was not yet locked in the safety of the house. He commented that he liked my new haircut. I smiled and quickly walked in the house. I did NOT talk to him or thank him for the compliment.

K
K
You did what you were supposed to with those messages, and you don't need to worry if you did.

Check out the list that JK posted, also, if you need pointers.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
Alright, here we go. I did not have my WH work number blocked. He's called me about 10 times, left 2 messages. As soon as I got home I blocked his work number and I deleted his voicemails before I could listen. What do I do? I want to text Elvis and tell her to tell him to leave me alone? But what now if he comes to the house; he doesn't have a key to get in. This is how it always goes...he starts looking for me and then I always give in b/c he's sorry and he loves me and wah, wah, wah. This is where I lose myself...
Do you have an IM? Have your IM send another message stating all contact must go through them.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
I did have my IM send him a message this morning. But already my SIL was texting me today b/c he wanted to come over and get the rest of his stuff. I just texted no and then tomorrow I'll have my IM send him a message on what time tomorrow.

Last night was tough. As soon as he started calling me I could feel myself just wanting so bad to pick up or to call him. I just wanted him to make it better and say he's willing to try. I came straight home from work and got into bed, it literally put me down when he started calling. I felt afraid or something, I can't put my finger on the feeling. I have no idea why he called so many times but today I feel good that I didn't respond but knowing he's coming to get the rest of his stuff is heartbreaking. I'm going to put it all out in the garage.

What do I do with pictures?? Give him some or throw them away or what?

I did not send him a plan B letter this time. Do you think I should? No one on here thinks I should give him any more chances and at this point I would not believe a word he says. What could he possibly to do be back in this relationship? I started rereading SAA. I want to read it again b/c last time I read it the affair was very fresh. MY WH and Elvis' affair is exactly like one of them in the book. He cannot seem to break contact with her. He does good for a week, maybe a month and then goes right back to her. Would there even be ANY hope that he could change? Can a serial cheater change?

I do have a question though. Why isn't my love bank depleted entirely? He has done nothing but lie and have affairs, why is it that I still love him if he's done nothing to put anything into it? It is differant now of course, he hasn't deposited a single thing since we got married. It's like the day we got married I was signing up to be single. Shouldn't my love be gone?

Please stay with me for those that are posting to me. I'm doing a thousand times better since I got on this website and learned of MB. I definitely wouldn't be doing so well right now if I didn't have a place to go for encouragement.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation