Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 64 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 63 64
N
N
Originally Posted by kiss
SusieQ,

It is the same person. I would rather not say who it is.

Why not? Is it because you assume that RQ is reading this and that she wouldn't approve?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
SusieQ,

It is the same person. I would rather not say who it is. I don't want to put someone elses marital issues on my post. I need to focus on my recovery.

KISS

Trying to throw out the "I want to focus on my own recovery" cr@p isn't going to make us stop asking. There is a reason that it was asked. There have been MANY MANY affairs that have happened between family members that weren't blood related. You could at least answer if there is a BLOOD relationship to you. There is a REASON that SusieQ asked this question, and it was to point out that you still don't understand boundaries, which also means that you aren't safe enough for RQ to attempt recovery with you. WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR RECOVERY. SusieQ wasn't going to suggest anything for this friend/family member.

And in regards to the counselor, I can almost GUARANTEE, just by the way this "friend" described the person that he or she DOESN'T follow MB. If a counselor doesn't follow MB, it is going to be a waste of your time to even go to them.

Exactly!

But kiss will just some crumbs of a post at you in response...and just keep doing what he wants to do!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
SusieQ,

It is the same person. I would rather not say who it is. I don't want to put someone elses marital issues on my post. I need to focus on my recovery.

KISS

You can answer blood relative or non-blood relative.

These games don't work here, kiss.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
L
L
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Why not? Is it because you assume that RQ is reading this and that she wouldn't approve?
Northwood,
I have been trying to follow this post but can't find BS username anywhere. Just RQ.

BS (me)46
XWH 46
DS19,DS,17,DD16,DD10
DD#1 12/2006
(confessed to affair in 2004)
DD#2 fall 2008- WH denial, he moves out for 6 weeks
DD#3 11/2010 new AP he doesn't deny or confirm. claims marriage was over
WH files for D 1/2011
WH moves in with OW 8/2011
WH engaged 1/2012
D final 4/2012
WH married 8/2012
N
N
Originally Posted by LGLGreturns
I have been trying to follow this post but can't find BS username anywhere. Just RQ.

Sorry, I guess the acronyms can get out of hand!

His wife is Rocketqueen. She had a thread but it's locked now.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
No one here is asking for your family member's name. You could tell us the actual relationship, and NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF US would have any teeniest clue whatsoever who this person was.

No one here has asked to share any information with this "friend"/"family member".

The hoops you're jumping through to avoid a simple question that compromises NO ONE'S identity are very telling. There is a reason you're hiding this, and past experience would lead me to believe it benefits you.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
OP Offline
N
Scotland,

No thier isn't public tansportation. The only thing would be a taxi and your probably talking $30-$40 each way to and from work. You have to have a car where I live it's not a city.

KISS

N
OP Offline
N
It is crazy that something so meaningless has taken over my thread. It is my wifes brothers wife. That RQ asked me to talk to her and give her some insight on what I was thinking and going through in my affair. So maybe it will give her some guidance and help her connect with her husband.

Can we now move on

THANKS,
KISS

J
J
It is inappropriate to speak intimately with members of the opposite sex.
It is okay to talk to a man about marriage problems.
But not a woman.
That is how affairs start.
They talk about this on the radio show all the time.

If your wife asked you to talk to her brothers wife then you should politely decline and suggest you speak to her as a couple.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 11/17/12 12:45 AM.
N
OP Offline
N
She is a family member going through a rough time. She has been a huge supporter of my wife and mine. I owe her so much. I refuse to turn by back on her situation. I'm not an expert but I have been learning a lot.

Sorry Jedi but I will not let her be brought down by the dark side

KISS

R
R
Then if you won't turn your back on her......never meet or speak with her one on one and alone. Always have someone like your wife with you while you speak with your wife's brother's wife.

That is the way to go.

If you don't like that idea.....uh......you are already headed for a bad scene. You are playing with

f i r e

J
J
You are violating the EPs you just said you were going to follow. It is your responsibility to protect your marriage, not to be a knight in shining armor and save someone else's. Doing so meets intimate emotional needs, and leads to love bank deposits for both of you.

Why, kiss, do you still not get the basic concepts????

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
C
C
She is a family member going through a rough time. She has been a huge supporter of my wife and mine. I owe her so much. I refuse to turn by back on her situation. I'm not an expert but I have been learning a lot.

Sorry Jedi but I will not let her be brought down by the dark side

KISS
I am not even going to go into the EP's and basic concepts you are going against with this. I think you know this, and I am sure others will challenge you on it.

However, by allowing (and encouraging) your BIL's wife to dicuss her marriage with a member of the opposite sex, you are not educating her on MB concepts.

In fact, you are helping her join the dark side.

I was asked by a friend to speak to her WH shortly into Plan B. I did, but I made clear to both this was a once off, and the reasons why. They both understood... it was the reason the A started in the first place... because WH trolled for an A by talking about his M with a member of the opposite sex. I made sure I kept my boundaries VERY high.

If you must try to save someone elses' marriage when you don't seem to be giving it your all to save your own, do it with your BIL present.

If you won't, well, this KISA deal is meeting EN's of yours and you are trolling for another A.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
S
S
Kiss, you are supposed to protect you LB from ANYONE who yolu could POTENTIALLY have an affair with. Your wife's SIL is absolutely someone whom you should steer clear of. There have been MANY MANY affairs, on this board alone with "family members". YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO FILL YOUR LB.

If you don't believe us, when you speak to DrH, why don't you ask him. The fact that you didn't realize that, after being here for so long, speaks VOLUMES for how seriously you take this. Do you honestly believe that MB is the best way to save your marriage? Do you believe that following MB to the letter will allow a couple to have a loving, fulfilling and romantic marriage, for life?

And stop trying to throw responsibility of your actions off on RQ. You blamed you speaking to your wife's SIL on your wife, saying that she asked you to speak to her. Okay, I can see that, BUT IT ISN'T THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You won't be abandoning her, point her to this site, or encourage her to talk to WOMEN. How much do you think it will help YOUR marriage, and HER marriage when the 2 of you fall in love? How would that scenario look in the future? RQ would not be able to attend family functions, including weddings, and funerals. This would have a GIANT impact. But once again, you are putting someone else above your marriage.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
T
It is crazy that something so meaningless has taken over my thread. It is my wifes brothers wife. That RQ asked me to talk to her and give her some insight on what I was thinking and going through in my affair. So maybe it will give her some guidance and help her connect with her husband.

Can we now move on

THANKS,
KISS
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
It is inappropriate to speak intimately with members of the opposite sex.
It is okay to talk to a man about marriage problems.
But not a woman.
That is how affairs start.
They talk about this on the radio show all the time.

If your wife asked you to talk to her brothers wife then you should politely decline and suggest you speak to her as a couple.
Originally Posted by reading
Then if you won't turn your back on her......never meet or speak with her one on one and alone. Always have someone like your wife with you while you speak with your wife's brother's wife.

That is the way to go.

If you don't like that idea.....uh......you are already headed for a bad scene. You are playing with

f i r e
Originally Posted by JenniferVoyager
You are violating the EPs you just said you were going to follow. It is your responsibility to protect your marriage, not to be a knight in shining armor and save someone else's. Doing so meets intimate emotional needs, and leads to love bank deposits for both of you.

Why, kiss, do you still not get the basic concepts????
Originally Posted by Scotland
Kiss, you are supposed to protect you LB from ANYONE who yolu could POTENTIALLY have an affair with. Your wife's SIL is absolutely someone whom you should steer clear of. There have been MANY MANY affairs, on this board alone with "family members". YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO FILL YOUR LB.

If you don't believe us, when you speak to DrH, why don't you ask him. The fact that you didn't realize that, after being here for so long, speaks VOLUMES for how seriously you take this. Do you honestly believe that MB is the best way to save your marriage? Do you believe that following MB to the letter will allow a couple to have a loving, fulfilling and romantic marriage, for life?

And stop trying to throw responsibility of your actions off on RQ. You blamed you speaking to your wife's SIL on your wife, saying that she asked you to speak to her. Okay, I can see that, BUT IT ISN'T THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You won't be abandoning her, point her to this site, or encourage her to talk to WOMEN. How much do you think it will help YOUR marriage, and HER marriage when the 2 of you fall in love? How would that scenario look in the future? RQ would not be able to attend family functions, including weddings, and funerals. This would have a GIANT impact. But once again, you are putting someone else above your marriage.

Do you still think it is ok to talk marriage problems one on one with the opposite sex?

Do you now think for these opposite sex talks your wife must be present?

H
H
It is crazy that something so meaningless has taken over my thread.

Discussing EP's is NOT meaningless.

Discussing the Elimination of Independent Behavior is NOT meaningless.

Discussing the elimination of Triggers is NOT meaningless.

Originally Posted by Kiss
Can we now move on

Having an honest discussion, where you don't trickle the answers, is how you get to a point that you can move on to other topics.

You have a habit of dishonesty and trickle truth..... You need to answer questions clearly and honestly if you wish to make progress. Capish!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
J
J
I predict in the not too distant future, kiss will stop posting completely...he's never taken the time to learn even the most basic concepts or apply the suggestions on here, he failed his polygraph, he can't be honest even to strangers on a forum and he puts a million things in priority over his marriage.

It's very said that someone who says he wants help is willing, again, to through away his marriage.

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
N
OP Offline
N
Ok I will never talk ti any female mothern law sister in law cousin hell sister mother. maybe I shouldn't even talk to my father. ya never know some parts of the world their is inbreeding. maybe I should see if Gilligan ever got off the island. maybe its free I will desert my self their. I under stand the basic concepts and protecting my EP's. I just think that this being the topic of my thread now is frustrating. I'm looking to better my self and make the necessary changes to better my self and my thread has been at a stand still fir days now. RQ was told about this topic and it was relayed to me to ask everyone if we can end this and work on other topics. It was something important to her to have me talk to her. Thought I was supposed to Show her that I'm growing and learning. I thought maybe its a test.

KISS

B
B
Ok I will never talk ti any female mothern law sister in law cousin hell sister mother. maybe I shouldn't even talk to my father. ya never know some parts of the world their is inbreeding. maybe I should see if Gilligan ever got off the island. maybe its free I will desert my self their. I under stand the basic concepts and protecting my EP's. I just think that this being the topic of my thread now is frustrating. I'm looking to better my self and make the necessary changes to better my self and my thread has been at a stand still fir days now. RQ was told about this topic and it was relayed to me to ask everyone if we can end this and work on other topics. It was something important to her to have me talk to her. Thought I was supposed to Show her that I'm growing and learning. I thought maybe its a test.

KISS

How does RQ know about the topic on your thread? Isn't she in Plan B?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

V
V
HerPapaBear,

The biggest factor in me giving my sister the car and taking over the payments is because of our financial situation right now. If I take a lose on the car i will not be able to get another one. I'm looking at trying to buy a car for about $3,000. Any lose on the car comes out of that so if I get $1,500 less then I owe it leaves me $1,500 to buy another car. So I would be looking at buying a crappy car that will probably need work done that I wouldn't be able to pay for. My financial situation sucks right now. I will not be able to get a loan right now.

KISS

Neither of my cars are crappy cars, both were good deals for less than $1000. One required a crap load of work and I rollbacked it out of the previous owners yard, the other has cost me about $200 and I've put 45,000 miles on it.

Wanted to add that I commute 200 miles a day, average 1500 miles a week between the two 'cheap crappy cars'.

It can be done.

Last edited by HopefulNC; 11/17/12 08:55 PM.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
Page 45 of 64 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation