Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 80 of 89 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 88 89
A
A
I checked the calendar and the full moon is still two days away. But, you would not know it from the tone of some of the recent posts. Definitely cranky people lately.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
P
P
New moon is usually worse....

A
A
Is this the season for unrepentant waywards to come out of the woodwork and land on MB?

AM

Last edited by armymama; 12/15/12 10:23 PM.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
B
B
Originally Posted by armymama
Is this the season for unrepentant waywards to come out of the woodwork and land on MB?

AM
BUT they're different, because they're special to their AP.

Geez AM, didn't you know that? sick

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N

�Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn�t
she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until
she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and
neighbors together and says, �Rejoice with me; I have found my
lost coin.� In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in
the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.�

Luke 15: 8-10

Merry Christmas, AM!

A
A
Thanks, NG. I hope there is at least one who repents. Otherwise, I see quite a bit of limping and it seems as though evil is gaining, both in numbers and in strength.

Merry Christmas to you.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
N
N
I would venture a non-rigorous assessment, my friend, that we have had greater effect with WWs arriving here (even including those that bolt unredeemed) than we have with the flip-side of distraught, bereft, BHs who join us.

BV, XVY, DM, WAW (after a fashion) were able THIS YEAR to "snap out of it" and improve their situations; Cloudster is still "in play". I would grant you that putting LW and Lolita into the "current and probable future skanks" list would be fair, and disappointing, but compared to the discouraging number of recently successful BH stories, the WWs earning their "F"s here should make our efforts worthwhile.

It's not hard to understand why. In both cases, it is the WW that has the larger burden of change: Renounce the AP; admit their own guilt; commit to a new way of thinking/behaving. If the WW is here, she starts with two advantages: She is already suspecting that her situation must change; and she gets it from us (yeah, YOU) directly, without the filter of coming through her betrayed spouse, who hasn't the experience, and detachment, of the MB cadre.

K
K
That DOES make sense, NG. The WW often already KNOWS what must be done (or at least, a good part of what has to be done), and the BW or H, while having a vague inclination, often hasn't a clue.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
A
A
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
I would venture a non-rigorous assessment, my friend, that we have had greater effect with WWs arriving here (even including those that bolt unredeemed) than we have with the flip-side of distraught, bereft, BHs who join us.

BV, XVY, DM, WAW (after a fashion) were able THIS YEAR to "snap out of it" and improve their situations; Cloudster is still "in play". I would grant you that putting LW and Lolita into the "current and probable future skanks" list would be fair, and disappointing, but compared to the discouraging number of recently successful BH stories, the WWs earning their "F"s here should make our efforts worthwhile.

It's not hard to understand why. In both cases, it is the WW that has the larger burden of change: Renounce the AP; admit their own guilt; commit to a new way of thinking/behaving. If the WW is here, she starts with two advantages: She is already suspecting that her situation must change; and she gets it from us (yeah, YOU) directly, without the filter of coming through her betrayed spouse, who hasn't the experience, and detachment, of the MB cadre.

I agree. I almost never post to BH's because it frustrates me when they do nothing. I have no problem delivering a pointed message to a current, unrepentent wayward. I do find them annoying though.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
M
M
Like ArmyMama, I have very low tolerance for unrepentant cheaters, but will always go out of my way to help someone who is really serious. I attribute my tolerance to my concern for the BS, minimal as it may be. I think about how it would benefit them if the WS got on the straight and narrow.

However, I am very intolerant of those who aren't willing to do the right thing. They can hit the road and go to gloryb.com with the other skanks where they belong.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
The BSs that ask for help but refuse to listen (possibly for YEARS)...grrrrrrrrrrrr.

That I can't buy a box of Ding Dongs at the store anymore... mad cry

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
K
K
Little Debbie started making Cloud Cakes...

They look familiar...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
S
Originally Posted by black_raven
What on earth are those?

Food?

Doorbells?

The mind boggles!

think

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by black_raven
What on earth are those?

Food?

Doorbells?

The mind boggles!

think
Yummy, bad food. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

V
V
Okay, this is a full on rant, and I really have nowhere else to post this, so here it is.

I'm pissed beyond belief.

It's no secret here that I'm the primary (read:only) caregiver for my mother who has Alzheimer's. Rented out my house to move in with her to take care of her in her time of need. She took care of me when I couldn't care for myself when I was a child so it's my time to reciprocate. I have no family or kids myself, so I thought the logic of it was, well....just logical. Oh, and simply the right thing to do.

I went into this knowing that I would have support from both of my brothers when I needed it the most. I just knew they would be there for me to help when it was needed. I was as certain of this as I was the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Well, I was wrong. I had a chat with the mother of a friend of mine a couple of years ago (who was a caregiver) when I decided that this was I needed to do, and she said something that I didn't put too much stock into at the time, but rings loud and clear as a bell in my mind right now.

Her words to me: Viper, you're getting ready to find out just who your true family and friends are. Brace yourself for some major disappointment.

As time has passed the last 15 months, I have seen just how right she was. I've lost friends, and family as well. But I never thought I would lose the support of my brothers and their families or significant others. Not ever.

Wrong again.

I received an email from my SIL a couple of hours ago stating that she wanted me to bring Mom over on Sunday night to "celebrate" Christmas and we could give our gifts to the kids that night. She stated that they, and my other brother as well, are overwhelmed this year and wanted to do this a bit earlier to free them up.

Okay, this is likely the last Christmas that Mom is to have any cognizance of them and they're just going to brush this off because it doesn't fit into their ideal day of celebration? Or perhaps we're just too much trouble and not worth the effort. Alzheimer's does indeed cast a pall on things..I understand this. I live it EVERY FREAKING DAY! But is it so bad that you would just cast your own mother and MIL aside for the sake of a normal Christmas? Hell, forget about me, I can live with that, but your own mother?

I just don't get it. I really don't. I haven't asked for any help the last 15 months, and I sure as hell won't now from these people who I used to call family. To hell with my family.....LOL, if you could even call it that.

Pulling out the deep fryer and frying us up a turkey and making good old southern cornbread dressing and the rest of the fixins'. Had some gifts for her already, but gonna go buy a few more small things just to see the look on her face that I may see for the last time.

My brothers, I have no idea how you sleep at night, but sleep well.

Mom and I will be just fine.

Merry Christmas to all!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

K
K
I'm sorry Viper. My Mom also has Alz. My Dad was sole caregiver for 5 years before we made the difficult decision to admit her. She's now in my city so that he doesn't have to worry. It's been incredibly hard.

I am bringing her to my house on Christmas - it will be the first time she's been outside the facility in months. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time.

Your Christmas dinner sounds wonderful. I'm sure you and your Mom will have a great time.

A
A
Viper,

I am sorry about your family members, but am very glad that your mother has you in her life.

Merry Christmas to you and to her!

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
V
V
Originally Posted by kerala
I'm sorry Viper. My Mom also has Alz. My Dad was sole caregiver for 5 years before we made the difficult decision to admit her. She's now in my city so that he doesn't have to worry. It's been incredibly hard.

I am bringing her to my house on Christmas - it will be the first time she's been outside the facility in months. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time.

Your Christmas dinner sounds wonderful. I'm sure you and your Mom will have a great time.
Thanks kerala. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your mother there. I'm sure she will be just fine.

Viper,

I am sorry about your family members, but am very glad that your mother has you in her life.

Merry Christmas to you and to her!

AM

Thanks, AM. I'm sorry about them too, but it is what it is and I'm done getting ticked at everything they do/don't do.

Sorry for the rant last night, but I was in SERIOUS launch mode then. LOL

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas as well!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

A
A
No need to be sorry for ranting. Ranting is the purpose of the rant thread.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
B
B
No need to be sorry for ranting. Ranting is the purpose of the rant thread.

AM
Exactly Viper, rant away on the rant thread.

Sorry about Your family and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 80 of 89 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 431 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation