Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 43 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 42 43
C
C
Maybe it should go back to Lvl 1 Jedi..

The words used are only 1/2 of the communication..Body language and eye contact being very important too..

If they're is someone who can see this, it will help your kids immensely.

At any rate someone who would intimidate her into acting straight at least would help..even if it was just acting..

J
OP Offline
J
Have a question:

OM ex wife ( they divorced same time as I did during our spouses affair) sent me a message:
"Hey just wondering how you are doing? I am mostly good but my ex husband keeps sending me text messages all the time wanting to be friends ha ha ha "

During my exposure etc there were some questions about if OM was reading my exposure letters to her or not. She told me he did delete one message (initial exposure).

There is a possibility that this could be some ploy by my ex wife.
Or it could just be a betrayed wife asking how I am Doing.

Should I respond to the message or should I just block her?

S
S
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Have a question:

OM ex wife ( they divorced same time as I did during our spouses affair) sent me a message:
"Hey just wondering how you are doing? I am mostly good but my ex husband keeps sending me text messages all the time wanting to be friends ha ha ha "

During my exposure etc there were some questions about if OM was reading my exposure letters to her or not. She told me he did delete one message (initial exposure).

How would your xw be able to text from om's bw's phone? Probably best to ignore her.

B
B
Have a question:

Have you ever directed her to MB?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
OP Offline
J
Smiling woman, the message was a Facebook message.

I've thought about directing her to MB and I have shared buyers renters freeloaders with my ex wife's family. My brother in law (Married to ex wife sister) was very interested in the concepts and I left my book buyers renter freeload with him.

I don't want to share mb with her because I'm concerned about privacy. I go back and forth on sharing it with relatives because I don't want to loose the safe place to post

N
N

We're doing fine, thanks, and hope all is well with your family. Take care.

You probably just came to mind and she thought that she'd drop you a line.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900

I am FB friends with OW's BH...and his sister. We stay in touch. We are both happy that the other is happy.

T
T

Explain why it is a ploy by your XW or that you are paranoid?

C
C
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Originally Posted by Northwood8900

I am FB friends with OW's BH...and his sister. We stay in touch. We are both happy that the other is happy.

Yeah it sounds to me Jedi that she would welcome the "Im Happy, are you happy?..Everybodies happy so lets.."Just sweep it all under the rug" ..approach.

Looking for ways to let denial reign, in other words..

Is she going to AA?..or let me guess..she doesn't need it now right?

She is checking to see if the bridge has been burned completely or if there are still some boards that can be walked upon..or maybe how much abuse you can still be counted on to take and remain faithful.

I would ignore this and just go on with my new life sir

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by TheRoad

Explain why it is a ploy by your XW or that you are paranoid?

Well I didn't know.
I followed Northwood recommended language and sent her that message.
I don't want to appear as paranoid about my ex wife. But I haven't seen or spoken to her some divorce and I don't want a third wheel spying on me for her.

I just don't want anything to do with any of those people.

N
N
I just don't want anything to do with any of those people.

Oh ok, that wasn't really clear in your original post. No need to respond to her again in the future.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

J
OP Offline
J
I had a dream last night:
My ex wife was at home and it was shortly after divorce.
She had returned home and I mentioned something about OM and she responded in an upset tone, "Well he actually told me it was his way or the highway. So we're broke up now"
I asked her, You are no longer with him?
She answered, Well yes and no. I need to tell him it's over.

Then I was washing dishes in the kitchen and looked out of a window (new house entirely) and saw her sitting in a chair. I thought to myself, "if I'm divorced I can make her leave the home. I can tell her that she needs to leave."
But I was uncertain of myself so I tried to find time to post a message in the MB forum for advice.

She was walking around like she owned the place!

---end of dream

Thats a crazy dream. I was hoping to dream of beautiful women and such but instead dreamt of the cheating ex wife!

J
OP Offline
J
Email received from ex ww:

Please let me know one week in advance when our children have an upcoming doctor or dental appointment

Should I respond with the same notice I always do explaining that all events are posted on a google calendar? Or just ignore?

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 01/26/13 09:48 AM.
B
B

Please let me know one week in advance when our children have an upcoming doctor or dental appointment

Should I respond with the same notice I always do explaining that all events are posted on a google calendar? Or just ignore?

Do you have an IM? Since you don't have a problem communicating with her, just send an email back saying "check Google calendar".

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L

How many times have you already told her to look at google calender? 10? 20? I would just ignore. JMO.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
B
B
Agree, if you've already told her then ignore. Do you Have an IM?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
C
Thats a crazy dream. I was hoping to dream of beautiful women and such but instead dreamt of the cheating ex wife!

You'll have that...

More distance, more rest and sleep..more chance of good dreams

J
OP Offline
J
Okay. I will ignore the email.
BH I do not have an IM.
I dont really feel like I need one.
When I receive an email I post here and read the divorce order (if necessary) before responding; she is also blocked from my cell.

When she breaks up with the OM I have a gut feeling she will want to come back. But I could be wrong. If she does do that please do not let me welcome her back with open arms. This woman accused me of drugging her, kidnapping her and raping her and was horrible to live with during her affair. Hold my feet to the fire, fellow forumites!

K
K
We'll hold you to that promise!

She will want to come back if she doesn't find another OM. They all usually do.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
L
Okay. I will ignore the email.
BH I do not have an IM.
I dont really feel like I need one.
When I receive an email I post here and read the divorce order (if necessary) before responding; she is also blocked from my cell.

When she breaks up with the OM I have a gut feeling she will want to come back. But I could be wrong. If she does do that please do not let me welcome her back with open arms. This woman accused me of drugging her, kidnapping her and raping her and was horrible to live with during her affair. Hold my feet to the fire, fellow forumites!

I am sure some will be holding your feet to the fire, others will be stoking the fire, others will be discussing MB materials, and I can think of a couple that will be going "have you lost your mind?". I would hope they would do the same for me. smile

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
Page 10 of 43 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation