Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
J
J
Originally Posted by mijunleigh
I'm sorry I didn't live up to the MB principles...I'm going through with the rest of this regardless of what happens.
If that is your goal, why did you list "next steps" which have nothing to do with MB?

Next steps, I have contacted my attorney to have her served with an amended initial petition. If this has already been done, why did you list it as a "next step"?
Find suitable childcare for my children while I'm at work.
Watch the fallout from exposure. What will you accomplish by "watching fallout" and why have you listed that passive behavior as if it were an action step?
Pull more strength from wherever I found this bit and thank my friends and family for their support and humbly ask for more."Pulling strength" is vague nonsense; it is not a specific next step.
Continue to pray and hope she can realize these are the consequences of her actions. Again, "hoping" is not a concrete action plan.

I don't understand why you keep saying you will start following MB, and then refusing to actually do it.
You don't need to reinvent the wheel, mijunleigh. The MB plan has already been created. All you have to do is follow it.

S
S
Mijunleigh,

I know exactly where you are and I have a cautionary tale to tell you.

You see three years ago my wife had an affair while she was deployed and I did not expose her I kept her secret. I made the wrong choice once I found out to tell her I would keep her secret for her. I knew about MB and we even talked to Steve about 5 times. She decided to stay married to me and we went back to the same routine we had been doing prior to the affair.

Well guess what happened to me? She just got back from another deployment where she had another affair. I never exposed her the first time and she had no repercussions for her actions. This set a tone for her to feel that she could get away with it again. YOU NEED TO EXPOSE HER AFFAIR! Just like the veterans here keep telling you. You do not want to be in my shoes a year or two later. I'm fighting such an uphill battle with her to see that MB would work for us that I may never see the peak. You have an opportunity right now to save your family and your wife from her destructive behavior and it starts with EXPOSURE. Do not wait any longer. The longer you wait the affair gets more entrenched and she may never come out of her fog.

You have one play right now that will save your family and that is to EXPOSE her affair.

Stone

BH: 35 (Me)
WW: 34
DS: 2
D-Day: 27 Dec 12
Exposure: 4 Jan 13

M
M
I have been waffling on exposure here because of fear of legal retribution and not wanting to do tear apart my family. I have realized that my family is already torn apart by my enabling my wife for our entire marriage. I have continued to expose my situation to my friends and co-workers, but not to hers. I have been afraid to expose to my WW employer.

Oh boy. This guy is not going to make it. frown

mijunleigh, there is nothing we can do to help you if you won't expose the affair. The chances dwindle every day that you choose not to take action.

You are allowing FEAR to drive your agenda, and people who can't follow a plan and put their emotions aside don't make it.

I personally refuse to try to help someone who won't expose because I know it is hopeless. I won't help you push a car up the hill when you refuse to turn off the parking brake. And that is what you are doing: pushing a car up the hill with the parking brake on.

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"Exposure is very likely to end the affair, lifting the fog that has overcome the unfaithful spouse, helping him or her become truly repentant and willing to put energy and effort into a full marital recovery. In my experience with thousands of couples who struggle with the fallout of infidelity, exposure has been the single most important first step toward recovery. It not only helps end the affair, but it also provides support to the betrayed spouse, giving him or her stamina to hold out for ultimate recovery."

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"The reason for the wide exposure is not to hurt the unfaithful spouse, but rather to end the fantasy. Your husband's secret second life made his affair possible, and the more you can to to make it public, the easier it is for him to see the damage he's doing. Keeping it secret does damage, but few know about it. Making it public helps everyone, including the unfaithful spouse and lover, see the affair for what it really is."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I have exposed. It was difficult and painful to me because I feel like she has been hurt. She has blocked me from FB. And under the divorce papers she is out of the house. I am primary custodial parent for our children at this time pending a hearing. I'm currently working on finding suitable childcare for our children while I'm at work. I'm moving on with my personal recovery. Don't know how Plan A fits into this. Seems like she'll have more time with OM. What do I do now?

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 1 OM1 2/2012; D-Day1 3/14/2012; NC 4/1/2012; broke NC 05/2012
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
PA 3 OM2 1/06/2013; D-Day2 1/14/2013
Divorcing 1/22 Plan A 1/23
Worthless attempt at Trickle Exposure
Multiple PAs OW2,3,&4 since 1/27/2013
WW moved out 3/5/2013
Temp Custody of DS and DD 3/21/13
WW moved back D-Day 3 9/1/13
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
N
N
Good decision on the exposure. Was it wide enough? All family, key friends, etc, etc?

You have your children, which is good. Where is WW staying? The reason I ask is that your ability to perform any type of Plan A will be bounded and defined by your ability to implement EN satisfactions without WW at home.

That said, what is your timetable for moving this process forward? Sun-tzu's maxim was to the effect that an opponent disrupted and on the run (as WW is right now) should not be given time to recover.

The carrot and stick of Plan A should NOT be taken to imply that pressure and conflict should be deflected from the WS. The higher the pressure and discomfort associated with her NOT returning 100% to the marriage will, by contrast, make the comfort and attractiveness of returning all that much more desirable.

J
J
I have exposed. Are you referring to the trickling exposure you'd already done, or are you referring to a new, full exposure which includes her workplace? It was difficult and painful to me because I feel like she has been hurt. She has blocked me from FB. And under the divorce papers she is out of the house. She couldn't have been legally forced out of the house simply because you filed a petition for divorce. What are you talking about? I am primary custodial parent for our children at this time pending a hearing. I'm currently working on finding suitable childcare for our children while I'm at work. Good job! Do you have family who could help out? I'm moving on with my personal recovery Don't know how Plan A fits into this. Seems like she'll have more time with OM. What do I do now?

M
OP Offline
M
referring to both.

she was legally forced out of the house due to a restraining order.

my family is going to help as much as possible with child care. my parents will watch them once a week. I'm looking into an after-school program for my son. My daughter is the hard one because she will need full time daycare and I can't afford it at this time. I've applied for childcare assistance and other programs for assistance but it will take weeks to kick in, and I may not even qualify. I'm also working on cleaning and organizing the chaos(mess) in the home. She actually has wanted to do this for so long; a Plan A step I guess.

She believes she could live with OM and the kids and make this work. Like I'd ever let my kids live with a druggie around whether used in the home or not. That was with me watching the kids too though.

I still hope and pray her eyes open soon before this gets any harder for all of us.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
WW moved out 3/5/2013
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
referring to both.

she was legally forced out of the house due to a restraining order.

my family is going to help as much as possible with child care. my parents will watch them once a week. I'm looking into an after-school program for my son. My daughter is the hard one because she will need full time daycare and I can't afford it at this time. I've applied for childcare assistance and other programs for assistance but it will take weeks to kick in, and I may not even qualify. I'm also working on cleaning and organizing the chaos(mess) in the home. She actually has wanted to do this for so long; a Plan A step I guess.

She believes she could live with OM and the kids and make this work. Like I'd ever let my kids live with a druggie around whether used in the home or not. That was with me watching the kids too though.

I still hope and pray her eyes open soon before this gets any harder for all of us.

How did you do the workplace exposure? And how did you get a restraining order against her?

M
OP Offline
M
Workplace exposure went through their regional hr department via an anonymous source whom I did not ask to make contact. I vented about other activites which have been happening there, and this person made a call to someone they knew. There will now be an investigation into employee drug use, theft, fraud, nepotism, and the affair.

When I told my attorney about the destructive activites she has been engaged in recently he recommended the TRO. I agreed because I don't know what she is thinking right now and I need to protect my children from further harm and conflict.

She went shopping the other day, there's no food for the kids in the house. She bought soda, hot pockets, microwave pizzas, corn dogs, and ham lunch meat. My children and wife do not eat these things only I do. We never have more than 1 or 2 of the frozen items in the freezer at any given time. She did not buy fruits or vegetables which we feed them at every meal. She also arranged for an overnight stay with her parents on a school night which has never happened before. She relented when I insisted the kids should have a normal school night and they could stay there Friday and Saturday night. She was served the next morning and I believe it couldn't have been more timely. I'm very scared about this whole thing.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
WW moved out 3/5/2013
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
Workplace exposure went through their regional hr department via an anonymous source whom I did not ask to make contact.
When I asked if you were referring to the previous exposure or a new exposure, you said "both." Now you are stating that there was no new exposure; you were just referring to the gossip generated from your previous exposure. Correct?

M
OP Offline
M
no i have exposed to her friends via facebook before she shut me down.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
WW moved out 3/5/2013
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
Did you do a formal workplace exposure?

J
J
no i have exposed to her friends via facebook before she shut me down.

Don't feel bad about doing this. FB exposure was a great move!

L
L
Like I'd ever let my kids live with a druggie around whether used in the home or not. That was with me watching the kids too though.

Drugs on your WW's part or the OM? What kind of drugs?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
M
OP Offline
M
OM is a pot user and does it almost every day. She thinks this is an ok person to have in her life because "he wouldn't do it around the kids." She has since "tried" it once because she wanted to see what it was like. She felt safe and trusted him so she did it. She's never dome some of the things she's done during these affairs. Keep in mind they've only been physical that I know of for less than a month. The EA began before the holiday season when she had a "crush" on him after he became an employee. She was still seeing OM1 at the time. She didn't break up with him till end of Dec 1st week of Jan. Must have been tough to juggle 3 men at once.

Last edited by mijunleigh; 02/02/13 03:00 PM.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
WW moved out 3/5/2013
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire
Did you do a formal workplace exposure?
YOU need to formally (in writing) expose the affair to her supervisor and other key personel within her company.

M
OP Offline
M
her supervisor is OM's sister and in good with all the HR people in this region. the whole company here is a "good ole boys" club. nobody would put me in contact with the region manager. so I gave up. but I told enough people and one of my friends was furious and told a friend etc. I don't know who made the call only that it was made and I should get more info back on Monday.

Last edited by mijunleigh; 02/02/13 03:41 PM.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
WW moved out 3/5/2013
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
her supervisor is OM's sister and in good with all the HR people in this region. the whole company here is a "good ole boys" club. nobody would put me in contact with the region manager. so I gave up. but I told enough people and one of my friends was furious and told a friend etc. I don't know who made the call only that it was made and I should get more info back on Monday.
You said that HR was going to investigate. Who told you that? And who told you that you would be updated on Monday?

M
OP Offline
M
My info comes through a friend I exposed to. My friend told someone else who couldn't believe the story. My friend is supposed to let me know what happens on Monday after the exposer calls the HR person back for a status update on Monday morning.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
WW moved out 3/5/2013
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
My info comes through a friend I exposed to. My friend told someone else who couldn't believe the story. My friend is supposed to let me know what happens on Monday after the exposer calls the HR person back for a status update on Monday morning.
Your friend's friend cared enough to find an HR phone number and expose this directly to your wife's HR dept. Why don't you?

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation