Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2705911 02/12/13 08:42 AM
T
tiredx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am writing to ask your professional opinion. My husband and I have been married only 4 months. Since we got married he is so angry all the time. Constantly yelling at my children or I. He walks in the door from work and immediatley begins to bark orders. This is my second marriage and my oldest 2 children are from my 1st. He is aggressive in nature. Until a few weeks ago he had not touched me, he had however punched walls broke a TV and smashed a clothes basket.
A few weeks ago we were attending a charity function at which I was working. He drank so much that he was toasted. He ended up humiliating me infront of my peers. He accused me of having and affair with my ex husband. He called me white trash and stormed off when I refused to give him the keys to the vehical. When I got home his behavior was even worse. When I attempted to leave he ripped the keys out of the vehical and took my cell phone. He ended up hitting me in the face breaking my glasses and attempted to choke me. When I asked him to please stop that I could not breath he said "If you can talk you can breath" and squeezed harder. I went limp so he would think I had passed out. In the end I called the police made out a report and they took pictures.
He now states he is sorry is going to counceling. He says he will do anything to make this work. Is it possible for him to change? I honestly feel as if he is broken. That there is something wrong mentaly. Please give me your opinion.
Thank you.

A
A
**edit**

Last edited by Fireproof; 02/12/13 09:35 AM. Reason: TOS non Marriage Builders material
T
tiredx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you! I will get a copy of this.

Last edited by tiredx3; 02/12/13 09:21 AM.
F
F
A reminder that the purpose of this forum is to help posters with Marriage Builders solutions. Thank you.

M
M
tired, welcome to Marriage Builders. Dr Harley would recommend that you leave your husband and not even think about getting back with him until he has been through extensive anger management training. You are not safe with your husband.

Is there a reason why you did not call the police when he assaulted you?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
tiredx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I was advised by your administrator to post on this forum?

Last edited by tiredx3; 02/12/13 09:40 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by tiredx3
I was advised by your administrator to post on this forum? I applogize please remove the post and I will seek help else where. Thank you

tired, you didn't do anything wrong! You have no need to remove your post. The moderators post was not to you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
tiredx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
He would not allow me to call. He took my phone and keys so I could not leave. When he went to sleep is when I took my hidden key and went to my parents. I called the police from there.

M
M
Was he arrested? Did you see what I said about separating from him?

Exposure 101

T
tiredx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Yes I immediatley seperated from him and moved myself and 3 children into my parents home. We took only what we had to have.
He has not been arrested to this point. I continue to follow up with the procecuting attorney but no charges have been file. It's been over 2 weeks and they continue to tell me it's on his desk. To make it worse, I have been unable to obtain a protection order due to the lack of follow through at their office.

M
M
I would not even consider going back to him until and unless he goes through extensive anger management training and makes a demonstrated change in his behavior over a long period of time. Since you have been married such a short period of time, you might want to just conclude you made a bad choice and get divorced.

Very glad to hear you are separated and safe!

Exposure 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation