Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 75 of 76 1 2 73 74 75 76
H
OP Offline
H
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M DIVORCED. EFFECTIVE 12/20/12.

J
J
IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M DIVORCED. EFFECTIVE 12/20/12

hurray WOOHOO!!!! dance2

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

B
B
Originally Posted by Holyheart
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M DIVORCED. EFFECTIVE 12/20/12.
hurray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Hard fought. You've done great. hug

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
Congratulations on your freedom to move onward and upward!

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the support and concern. D!ck doesn't know it's final. I got the heads up by calling the court on Friday and was given the date the judge signed the decree. So I was divorced for 2 weeks without even knowing it.

Yesterday, D!ck came to pick up his things. I had initiated this by texting him and asking if he'd be able to pick up his stuff this weekend. Two items are large and require a trailor. He said yes, but he came alone and needed DS21 and his friend's help. This was awkward since DS and D!ck haven't seen each other or spoken in 4 years.

DS balked at first when I asked him saying D!ck was on his way over. I got him to agree for me....to help ME. His friend really did most of the work, but I'm proud as heck that DS made the effort.

I was polite and helpful. And I expressed concern that D!ck limit his lifting since he's having hernia surgery next week. I asked if there were other things he didn't get. He mentioned not having his yearbooks, and I said I'd look for them. Later he text that he also wanted his photo album and the scrapbook I made him our senior year in high school. I text OK.

I was asked if I had feeling for D!ck. No. Just somebody I used to know. If anything...pity. He had to also go to my sis's house to pick up a BBQ. She watched him through the window and said she wonders if he finally sees all the lives he damaged for 5 years.

Sis and I talked. We agreed that I did everything during year one to get him to not make the choices he did. And not just me. Family and friends jumped in and tried to counsel him. But he was a bull. Not willing to listen to anyone. Saying that the universe had put Bimbo and him together and we had all just better "get over it."

Bimbo is supposedly gone. He's renting a room from a friend. He owes several hundreds of thousands to creditors and me. He's facing surgery without family. He's lost friends. He is no longer respected. And he still BLAMES me for blowing this all out of proportion and not just going along with his plans from day one.

Divorce is new to me and my family. We believe in life long commitment. I'm getting used to D!ck being gone and I've gained strength and independence, but the scars are real and deep. His infidelity is one thing... but his financial infidelity lives on and on with the crosses I've been left to bear.

Thank you, MB family, for helping me through this process.

E
E
Holyheart, thank you for sharing. Your thread portrays what a wayward will lose and what a betrayed can gain.

Congrats on your freedom!

M
M
It still behooves me that level of addiction a shiny nice whore can take a man ... then again the man always has the freedom to do what is right.

D!ck's path is a slow deterioration into the end of his life. I am sure he has aged tremendously in the past five years. The rate he will deteriorate will be astonishing if he makes it another five years.

One cannot carry that kind of destruction for long before the heart will give way.

I hope in due time D!ck unloads this destruction and cleans up his mess ... otherwise that is it. D!ck will fade back into the dust and dust is where he will settle.

H
OP Offline
H
D1ck will STILL not say "uncle." He is refusing to sign over the deed to the house so I can refi and put in my name. The court awarded me the house -- and all its debt. D!ck says he will not sign ANYTHING until I "negotiate" the court orders.

WTF?

So AGAIN I am being forced to go to court. This time, to get him to comply with the final court orders.

According to him == he has nothing to lose. He's living with a friend, in a bed that doesn't belong to him, without a gf, at a job he hates, blah, blah, blah.

He STILL doesn't take responsibility for why he's in this situation. Why we are ALL in this financial mess.

I guess I will have to go to the court for EACH item so I can get him to comply. He says he will "disappear" since he has no motivation to pay up.

I talked with his sleazy accountant/friend today to see if he might persuade D!ck to sign over the house. Accountant is on Team D!ck. Says I need to negotiate or D!ck will likely move to Mexico and I will get nothing. What losers!!

I'm so sick and tired of this. Time for the court to put D!ck's A$$ in jail. He says he's at the bottom, but being at the bottom and still fighting is not the bottom.

J
J
Time for the court to put D!ck's A$$ in jail. He says he's at the bottom, but being at the bottom and still fighting is not the bottom.

I agree. He's played the system long enough. Time for him to face reality to all his (and sleazy accountant/friend's) shenanigans with the legal system...

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

B
B
So what needs to happen to put him in jail?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Why don't you plan b him?

H
OP Offline
H
I'm so shocked and saddened to hear of the passing of Chrisner. What a class act. His stories were memorable. His journey so well told by this wonderful and talented writer. I felt such a bond with this man whom I never met. Rest in peace, my friend. God bless you.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
K
K
It is very sad... I didn't see much of chrisner but what I did made me think he was a very well put-together guy.

In other news, any luck with D!ck?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Christer reminds me that life is short. You never know the day or the hour. Do not let infidelity rob you -- US-- from living each and every day to the fullest. I'm reading "Every Day A Friday" by Joel Osteen. Ignor people who put you down. You are responsible to people, not for them. Focus on what is right. Stay on the high road. All reasonable.

Live. Love. Laugh. Now... Before it's too late.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
"I'm moving on"
H
OP Offline
H
D!ck didn't show at court so was ordered to pay $2,000 in attorney fees. The court will sign over the house on his behalf. In 3 weeks, he owes me a huge sum. If I don't receive it, my attny will call him back into court. The judge has his number!

I'm letting the legal system deal with D1ck. I've washed my hands of him. Hopefully one day he will make amends with his parents and our DS. But that's not up to me. I'm done trying to fix or interfere with anything my ex does. I'm moving on.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
"I'm moving on"
K
K
Did he really think that his hiding would make it all go away?

The legal system will take D1ck, and the judge will be none too happy with him. His past deeds have shown that...though one thing, I didn't know the court could sign over the house for him. It's nice for you that they can though.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
So glad that the court will sign your house over to you Holyheart! And glad to hear you will let the legal system deal with your ex.

Life IS too short, and it has been a shock to hear about Chrisner. What a wonderful person,we were all blessed to have him on this board.

Time for you to start enjoying your life Holyheart. You so deserve it!

Best wishes to you.

Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
P
P
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Christer reminds me that life is short. You never know the day or the hour. Do not let infidelity rob you -- US-- from living each and every day to the fullest. I'm reading "Every Day A Friday" by Joel Osteen. Ignor people who put you down. You are responsible to people, not for them. Focus on what is right. Stay on the high road. All reasonable.

Live. Love. Laugh. Now... Before it's too late.

Amen.
My illness/surgeries/recovery/other losses taught me that, and more.

Q
Q
I can add to not taking a day for granted..

A Maple Valley woman has been identified as the passenger in a taxi who was killed in a fiery crash on the Las Vegas Strip.

Clark County Coroner's officials said Friday that 48-year-old Sandra Sutton-Wasmund died of multiple blunt force injuries.

She was among three people killed in the dramatic, early-morning crash and fire Thursday that started with someone in a Range Rover shooting at a Maserati. The Maserati then hit the cab that Sutton-Wasmund was riding in and burst into flames, triggering a multi-vehicle crash.

In a Friday statement, Sutton-Wasmund's family described her as a pillar of the community, a business owner and a loving mother and wife.

"Her innocent and tragic loss will be felt by all of those who knew and loved her and by the community at large," the statement reads.

Debbie Tvedt is the office manager at a Maple Valley plumbing company that Sutton-Wasmund started with her husband, James Wasmund. Tvedt called the death "a big loss" and added tearfully, "This woman was everything to this community."

Tvedt said Sutton-Wasmund co-owned a dress shop called The Dazzled Dame and had gone to Las Vegas with her partner in the shop for a trade show.

This mom was a parent in my school. We have had her children's since her 11th grader was in kindergarten. So sad, so quick it all changes and such a lesson to take nothing in life for granted because in a flash it can be gone..

Huge to you Holy. What an inspriation and champion you are to me.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 75 of 76 1 2 73 74 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation