Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 37 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 36 37
D
D
Yes, I concur. Without the support from my church I don't know how I could of handle my WW. Its a good family builder as well. Hope you learned alot from your service.

P
P
FLGuy

Have your begun to develop your Plan A Easter strategy?
It's such a good time/season to show off your MB skills!
rebirth
renewal
refresh
joy
beauty

N
N
It's such a good time/season...
rebirth
renewal
refresh
joy
beauty

From Bride: CHOCOLATE!

D
D
Addendum: chocolate bunnies.

L
L
.........dark chocolate bunnies. More specifically....dark chocolate bunnies from See's.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
P
P
I do not believe there are Sees Candy Stores east of the Rockies.
I once shipped a one pound box to a dear friend in Mississippi.

L
L
Pep, you are right. So I either order online or wait until Christmas when they are at the mall. LR cannot wait. grin My easter order arrived yesterday. dance2

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
P
P
Good news/Bad news .... I can walk to a See's Candy store from my house.

V
V
My grandmother shipped me See's when I was little. I love See's.

We have Fannie's in Ohio that is almost as good as See's.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
F
OP Offline
F
Hey everybody.

I had a great weekend. Saturday fishing was great. We caught enough fish for everyone to enjoy a great dinner. The concert Saturday was awesome. Got to go on the tour bus and meet the band. Then we had dead center, front row seats waiting for us.

After to show Uncle and I went to the club (where WW and SN always go). My Uncle is an old school Italian gangster and pretty much ran the place. No wait to get in, private table, did not even need to order anything, they just knew what he wanted. The owner and manager sat with us almost the whole night.

Just had a great time. Laughed, drank, danced, and even hooked up with a random on the dance floor. Nothing crazy but she just started kissing my neck and we just started to have at it. Nothing more than kissing. We exchanged numbers. I have not spoken to her since.

Sunday, went to mass. It was hard to get through the entire service without breaking down. I just felt so guilty the whole time that I had turned my back on my faith for so long. I fought back the tears and made it through the mass. I felt great after and plan to go every Sunday to reestablish my faith and also to move my boys closer to God. I already called the Church office yesterday to register and was told someone would stop by soon to bless my house.

After church we went straight to the Phillie's game for the annual St Patty's day celebration. It was crazy and had a blast. Probably had too much fun bit I will leave it at that.

So, all this leads to the exchange Sunday night. I was going to ask WW if she would talk with Steve... Well, I never was home for the exchange. I left before WW came and Mom was there to welcome home the boys. I returned back home about an 1/2 hour later.

I called WW later that night just to go over a scheduling change for next week. I did not bring up counseling, Steve or US. It was all about the boys.

I am kinda in a holding pattern right now. I really don't think I want to be with WW anymore. Why would I want to be with this person who can hurt ME and my Boys so badly? I can sleep now, I have no anxiety, I rarely think about her, don't even want to respond to her texts, could really care less if she is out with OM.

My stock is rising:
I have lost a ton of weight. Feel and look so good!
Living a more healthy/active lifestyle.
Making more $ at work then ever.
Get to work from home!
Disconnected my work email on my cell phone so that I can fully focus on my boys when I am with them. No more daddy is on a work call.
Spending more quality time with my boys and not just running through the motions. I know they see it because they don't even want to play video games anymore. They want to play with me!
Reconnecting with my faith in God.
Reconnecting with old friends that I had missed so much.

WW stock:
Not sure. She is standing up for herself but what is she standing for?

I am just going to work on me and believe this was God's plan all along. I was a wayward and he the BS. I am starting to defog and now I can show him the love that he deserves once again. As far as WW and I. I just feel numb and will see what door opens in the future. NO LB's, no expectations.

"We all have moments of doubt, and while these moments may sometimes seem like our darkest hours, they are actually a great gift.
Choosing certainty is a giant leap forward in revealing blessings for ourselves and the world.
In order to choose certainty, there must first be a doubt.
A moment of uncertainty can be transformed into a miracle-making machine when we use the opportunity to choose certainty over our doubts."

Thanks to everyone for their help and support over these last few weeks. I can never repay but will pray for all.

ME: BS, 37
WW: 37
DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Nuclear Expose:2/18/13
Currently in Plan A
W
W
So, let me get this straight... You are married and you were making out with someone on the dance floor? Is that correct?

And what is this about God's plan all along? Have you even read the Bible?

WTF man? either fight for restoration or file for Divorce and move on. However, moving on before D puts you in the same category as WW.

Your stock is not rising, it just tanked.

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
P
P
Ummmmmmm naughty

This:

hooked up with a random on the dance floor. Nothing crazy but she just started kissing my neck and we just started to have at it. Nothing more than kissing. We exchanged numbers.

Is what led to this:

I really don't think I want to be with WW anymore.

NOW YOU KNOW how it is that WW cannot "see herself" with you anymore.
You have experienced the contrast effect first hand. You dove into the wayward mindset and found a false way to feel good.

Did you go home and joyfully inform your boys about another lady kissing Daddy?
No? Why not?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grumble

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/19/13 09:41 AM.
V
V
Why are you out dancing like a single man, collecting numbers?

That's not good. And, certainly not MB.

Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
B
B
hmmmm... Revenge Affair????!!!! FG, What happened to the Lighthouse?! Remember this is not a sprint, it's a marathon!

Congratulations on going back to church and reconnecting with God. Now ask Him if He wants you to go around necking other women in public, or getting uncontrollably drunk on St. Patty's day (and who knows what else?). There seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
V
V
I thought St Patrick was the saint of uncontrollable public drunkness and stupid public stunts. wink

j/k guys

Together 5 years
F
OP Offline
F
I know the make out session is not acceptable. No, I did not tell my boys because it was wrong. Dad already had a man to man talk to me about it last night to smack some sense into me.

Revenge affair sounds about right. I was looking for it. I am just angry. WW texts me and I don't want to text back or see her or talk to her. WW just thinks we are going to be friends through all this and it makes me sick.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P
Originally Posted by Floridaguy
I know the make out session is not acceptable. No, I did not tell my boys because it was wrong.

Damn right, Skippy!

OK. You experienced your own whiff of wayward fog. The entitlement lie. "I deserve this (sin/transgression)."

I almost went on a date when I was about where you are. God stopped me. A huge violent storm kept me from leaving the house. Thank you God.
So, I do understand. Don't do it again. twoxfour

Dad already had a man to man talk to me about it last night to smack some sense into me.

No more bars you you, Skippy.

I am just angry.

Hell yes, you are.

Now, the hard part....

WW texts me and I don't want to text back or see her or talk to her. WW just thinks we are going to be friends through all this and it makes me sick.

Here is my advice. Radical honesty time.

You ask WW out for a coffee, in public.
You confess your 'slip'. Ask for her forgiveness.

Disregard any nonsense WW spews. "blah blah blah" It's your duty to be the sort of spouse you want her to become. Honest and forthright. Now is the time for you to model radical honesty.

Can you get on board with this?

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/19/13 10:23 AM.
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
[quote=Floridaguy]
WW texts me and I don't want to text back or see her or talk to her. WW just thinks we are going to be friends through all this and it makes me sick.

Here is my advice. Radical honesty time.

You ask WW out for a coffee, in public.
You confess your 'slip'. Ask for her forgiveness.

Disregard any nonsense WW spews. "blah blah blah" It's your duty to be the sort of spouse you want her to become. Honest and forthright. Now is the time for you to model radical honesty.

Can you get on board with this?

WW wants nothing to do with me. She does not want to met me anywhere. She always makes an excuse or says that she is moving on. I am look needy by continually asking.

Last edited by Floridaguy; 03/19/13 10:33 AM.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P
After to show Uncle and I went to the club (where WW and SN always go). My Uncle is an old school Italian gangster and pretty much ran the place. No wait to get in, private table, did not even need to order anything, they just knew what he wanted. The owner and manager sat with us almost the whole night.

Interesting.

Just had a great time. Laughed, drank, danced, and even hooked up with a random on the dance floor. Nothing crazy but she just started kissing my neck and we just started to have at it. Nothing more than kissing. We exchanged numbers. I have not spoken to her since.

Is it fair to want WW to have boundaries if you cannot live by those same boundaries yourself? That is hypocritical.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
S
FLGuy, I am very disappointed in you. After being on these boards for so long, you should have had your boundaries up HIGH.

Right now, you are experiencing some wayward fog. I was wondering why you hadn't been posting, and now I know. After you confess to your wife, I believe you should also confess to your children.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 32 of 37 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation