Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
I have been in plan B for 3 months now & the WS just sent me an email asking if we could meet & talk. Obviously he wants to have the divorce discussion. I'm not sure if I should just ignore his request or meet with him. Help please!!

M
M
First off, if he is contacting you directly, then you are not in plan B.

If you want to be in Plan B and need help, then you will have to give a lot more information.

But if you were in Plan B, then, let the lawyers handle it.

P
P
Originally Posted by CluelessNY
Help please!!

Help you what?
What do you want?

B
B
Do you have an IM in place? If so do not respond and take the opportunity now to block her/his email address. You might want to give some back story so the vets can properly help you.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
P
P
A "notable post" about Plan B LINK to notable post

P
P
Tell us a bit more about your situation, so we can actually help you.

Plan B is to protect yourself from the hurt an active affair causes, and your WS can not contact you. If you are going through a divorce, then your atty can handle this and his atty should contact yours.

And your IM can let you know when the WS is ready to commit to the marriage.

C
OP Offline
C
Well, I thought I could implement a revised version of plan b, but maybe that was a mistake?! I didn't want to put someone in the middle of our messed up situation so I chose not to implement an IM. Reading through the notable posts I now see the importance of one. Here's some background. I'm hoping the veteran MBs out there can provide guidance. All advice is greatly appreciated!

I discovered my husband was having an affair in December 2012 after 10 1/2 years of marriage. Since the physical affair occurred two days prior to my discovery and two weeks after the emotional affair began (or at least that's what I'm told), I thought we had a chance to get past it. I immediately went into plan A. He continued to have contact with the OW behind my back & when I realized he was lying to me, I asked him to leave our home. Since I'm financially able to take care of our household bills on my own and we don't have children, I haven't seen a lawyer.

My WS met the OW at work but she doesn't live in our town; she lives 3 1/2 hours away. Since leaving, WS has been making weekly trips to see her, has charged 10K on our credit cards (including a vacation he took her on), started smoking cigarettes, drinking more than usual, got a tattoo, got his motorcycle license and plans to purchase a Harley Davidson. Plus he has been looking for a new job near her hometown. These are just a few of the irrational things he has done.

He told me a few weeks after he left that he has no plans to come home, he doesn't know why he did what he did, but he just doesn't want to be married anymore. He says our relationship was fine, our sex life was fine, and our financial situation was good as well. Since I was under the same impression prior to my discovery, I was completely blindsided by the revelation.

He has been staying with his sister and I haven't seen or talked with him in 3 months. During our last conversation, I gave him the plan b talk (instead of writing a letter) and he told me he still loves me and doesn't know why he did what he did. However, he made no mention of getting back together or working on our marriage. I made it clear to him that if he cuts off contact with the OW I would be willing to attempt a reconciliation.

Now he wants to talk so I'm sure it's to request a divorce. Is my marriage over or is there something I can do to get us back on track?

M
M
Did you expose his affair to everyone?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Yes. I exposed to his family, my family and our friends. I would love to expose to OWs family, but I haven't been able to find information to do so.

P
P
Since leaving, WS has been making weekly trips to see her, has charged 10K on our credit cards (including a vacation he took her on), started smoking cigarettes, drinking more than usual, got a tattoo, got his motorcycle license and plans to purchase a Harley Davidson.

You need to LOCK DOWN the money. NOW!
Get an attorney and find out how to stop this so that YOU will no longer be responsible for WH's debt.

The way it is now, if WH stops paying his bills, the creditors will come AFTER YOU.

Cancel all credit cards. Report them as "missing".
Transfer all money to a new account.

Do you have kids?
Were either of you already married when you met each other?

M
M
Originally Posted by CluelessNY
Yes. I exposed to his family, my family and our friends. I would love to expose to OWs family, but I haven't been able to find information to do so.

Des she have a Facebook account? Did you check on zabasearch, peoplefinder, Intelius? Did you expose at the workplace?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
After discovering the charges on the credits cards, I cancelled them and moved all money into a different account. (thanks to advice I found on this site!) I have an adult child (22) that is away at college and he does not have children. Neither of us was married when we met. He was single for 7 months (ended an engagement) and I was single for years. I have heard through a mutual friend that he wants to have children with the OW. I should add that I'm too old to have children, but he NEVER mentioned a desire to have them. In fact, before we married, we had the "baby" discussion and he indicated just the opposite...he didn't want kids because he worked too much and it wouldn't be fair to the family.

P
P
You still need to discuss financial protection with an attorney.
OW might already be knocked up.

M
M
How old are you both, Clueless?

Exposure 101

M
M
One other question, did you love together before marriage?

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
I'm 48 and he's 45. We did not live together prior to marriage. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already knocked up! I did not expose in workplace because I couldn't find contact information for either of their bosses. I have not paid to use the web services to find information on her. Do these services work? If I found contact information would you suggest I tell her 3 teenage children? What about her parents? Is it too late to do this type of exposure?

M
M
Clueless, I would go ahead and call him today and ask what he wanted to talk about. It will be good to find out what he is thinking.

Come back and tell us what he said.

I would gather as much info as possible for an exposure. Find the OW's parents, relative. Get both of their company contacts from the company website. You would want to expose to the director of HR, a key VP and their supervisors. You say your H was looking for a job, does he still work there?

I can't vouch for those online services, but I know that some folks here have used them successfully. You can also find alot of information from facebook, linkedin and google.

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, MelodyLane! I wasn't sure if I would be breaking the guidelines of plan b if I contacted him. Do you think I should call or would I be better off just ignoring his email? Or maybe I should appoint an IM and ask them to contact him for me? My heartbreak is really preventing me from thinking clearly! frown

M
M
Why don't you just go ahead and send him an email? That way you don't have to talk to him and it might be less emotional. I don't see any point in avoiding contact until you go into an official Plan B.

So just find out what he wants - via email - and then we can help you set up a real Plan B. How does that sound?

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Sounds good! I'll post an update when I hear back. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation