Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
R
Understand this

the very emotions that lead you to break Plan B are the ones a wayward feels when trying to stop contact with their partner in adultery.

When you feel grief.......observe it.
When you feel like allowing contact with your H.......observe those emotions and realize that you must accept that there is no easy way to stop contact with someone who has a nice Love Bank balance in your Love Bank.

No painless way.

P
P
Originally Posted by 6877
I would like some ideas from anyone on what I could do with my 15 year old daughter? She's only interested in watching movies and texting. I need to bond with her during this period.

Mani/pedi appointments.
Edit to add:
A "broke" mani pedi is one you do for each other.
Movies.
Edit to add:
A "broke" movie night is home DVD and popcorn.

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/17/13 11:00 AM.
P
P
Who is DD15 texting?

S
S
I would like some ideas from anyone on what I could do with my 15 year old daughter? She's only interested in watching movies and texting. I need to bond with her during this period.

When I take my kids out to eat, we do the "game" where we stack the cell phones face down and the first one to pick up and look has some type of consequence (with adults, it's supposed to be paying the check...with them, its doing the dishes, etc)

I tell them I want to bond and chat with them and we need to get rid of the phones. This turns it into a game. They actually like it and we get a laugh out of it. You could even do this at home during meal times at home.

Go take the dogs for a walk, sit on the couch together and just talk. If you two aren't in the habit, it will be a little awkward at first but it will get easier and easier the more you do it.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Who is DD15 texting?

Friends and boys!

My parents were not very lovey-dovey with us kids. I tried when she was younger to break that but as she has gotten older I've seen us slide into the same routine a little bit. I always tell my daughter I love her but we do not hug enough at all. It's a step up from my parents, we do not ever say I love you, but I would like a little bit more touching between us. I'm going to try hard for us to connect a bit more.

Tonight was a tough night. Can't really say b/c I'm supposed to be ONLY looking forward. I know I can't go back, I know I won't go back, but everything breaks my heart. I'll keep moving forward, tomorrow is a different day.

BW 35
WH 31
Married to a serial cheater
D Day - 9 times between June 2012 & April 2013
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
B
B
My DD15 loves to talk my ear off. All I have to do is ask her how such and such is (one of her many friends) and she is non-stop. I listen (really listen) because this is when they tell you about others in their circles not doing such ideal things and about the boys.

I ask questions, but never interrogate. Just remember how you were when you were her age.

My DD15 also loves to read and so I will read the same book and we will talk about it. Teenagers love for it to be about themselves. smile

Sorry you're having a tough night. The nights always seem to be the toughest. Come here and reach out to us when you're feeling weak to break NC.

You can do it.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
My DD talks my ear off at times and then other times she's in her bedroom all night. If I make her come out and help me she usually will start talking about things. The book thing is a really good idea. I have to work harder at us going out to do things. I'm in school so I love my "home" time. I think I'll get a horse puzzle for us. That's her thing, horses.

I had a little fiasco at the gym today. We live in a city where there are only 2 major gyms. I'm not giving up my gym, it's the only one with a pool and I train there with all my friends. Normally we would not be there at the same time but I had to go a little later today and he went a little earlier. He did text the IM when he got there b/c he must have seen my car. So she texted me. He waited in his car until I was done and then went into the gym. I never saw him or his car. I know everyone is going to tell me to switch gyms; it is not an option for me! I will however keep an eye for his car when I go and either not go if his car is there or just go swim.

How do people do it when they have so many mutual friends? I basically get all the friends, he he, but eventually I'm sure there will be a time that we are both there. My sister in law is my best friend, I'm in her wedding! What do I do about that?

Nights are the hardest b/c even tonight I feel the pull towards him. I'm doing well through the day but being home doesn't feel very good, not bad, just I miss him more at home. I'm not yet sure on how to NOT think about him.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am on day 7 of plan B and it is up and down, as expected. I haven't even snooped, not once. That is a miracle! I know though, that nothing good will come of me looking at either of them. I'm moving forward and that only keeps me where I am now. I am proud of myself. I've even accidentally typed in his email several times when I was going to look at my own. See, I do this automatically b/c I have had to snoop so much on him. I think Jedi was the one that tried to drive it into me that I would be a police officer for the rest of my life if I stayed with him. That is so true.

I do miss him. A lot! I think sometimes that I might be more worried about them being happy, or that he might change for her. I would go crazy thinking these things if I didn't have the promise of MB posters that it doesn't work like that. I seriously think of it as a promise! The relief of not looking and snooping everyday all day is immediately noticed. It's just nice.

Well, I'm off to bed. I have a feeling the weekend will be hard for me. To much time on my hands but I guess you never know.

Oh yeah, no call from my lawyer yet, not sure what's going on but it's irritating me.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
B
B
Good job. One day at a time. Enjoy your weekend.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Sometimes we miss the hope of the person our wayward could be.

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, my weekend hasn't been to bad. I read through a thread last night made by Pep about being in plan B. I bawled through the whole thing. I am a bit curious about those of us who are in plan B b/c it's the safest place for us as we divorce; won't that hold our love for them? My problem is that I do still love my husband, and I wish he would change, I just realize now that he probably isn't going to and I refuse to let him abuse me anymore with his affair(s).

I feel better than I thought, which scares me b/c I feel like the, I'm going to lay in bed all weekend, feeling is going to eventually hit.

A month or two ago I tried to steer a friend here who has only been married a year and his wife filed for divorce b/c she was cheating on him. When he first told me he didn't think she had physically cheated on him, I gently explained that I would bet my life that she had. It was all very typical what she was doing. He of course discovered that they had been physical. He posted on here a couple of times but never followed through. He did move home and half-*ssed a plan A but never really followed the exact plan and couldn't bring himself to do plan B. So, even though she's divorcing him and living in her new boyfriends house they still talk and go do things. I've tried to tell him that she will keep him and the OM in her life even after they divorce and he shouldn't want that. He just acts like they aren't talking about anything that matters so it doesn't hurt for them to talk. I've pushed MB on him so many times I think he's going to start getting irritated at me soon. It's funny how clearly you can see things after learning about MB.

It's very hard for me to post on here, but I keep forcing myself to do it b/c I need to stay connected to follow through with all of this. Although it's awesome to read threads where the BS follows the plan exactly it's almost daunting to those of us who just can't seem to be perfect at it, or fail time and time again at plan B. I felt like a failure that I couldn't do it, so I shied away from posting and just became a lurker, for months and months. Sometimes I would sit and cry that I couldn't do it as good as Scotland or Indie. I realize some of that was me not following through with the plan and letting him home sooner than I should have. But I was truly scared to post at what a failure I had become at this too. It added to my anxiety of the whole situation.

On that note though, I did keep learning and started gaining self esteem, even through all nine false recoveries. I don't know how but my mini plan B's, all nine of them, started saving me.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
R
R
There is no perfect or painless way to work through surviving an affair. Affairs are awful. For you. For your wayward spouse. For the other person. For other family members.

Plan B protects your mental and physical health but it IS tough.
You will still love your husband.

When (or if) you break it..........you will spin out of control from the pain of being exposed to the drama.

If you choose to follow a tight Plan B.......it takes personal gumption and resolve. People choose to do it to step out of the intense pain. There will still be pain, but not as intense. People who choose to follow it are not better than people who don't. They just decide not to be in the vortex of drama and direct contact of the nightmare.

In Plan B.......people go through stages of grief and learn to live without their beloved. It is not a perfect solution but better than many.

In Plan B.........things come up to challenge staying in it and then you face the choice of staying true to it or not. You gauge your own health and sanity and how the wayward's love bank account is doing in your heart.

Plan B can help you think clearer though. You can put your love aside and figure out what is best for you and your future with logic and strength of knowing you can survive without the wayward. Survive and even thrive.

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
I knew this day was coming, I just didn't know what day it would land on. The first call came last night. He talked to my daughter and wanted to make sure we were okay, since it was "blizzarding." Three calls today, basically saying the same thing, that he was worried, wanted to know if I needed money and that he loved us. I know I shouldn't have listened to the message! I thought I had his work number blocked on my phone but apparently I didn't so I immediately blocked that number after he called. Then he called the house phone later in the day. I'm not sure how to block that yet. I immediately hung up on him and unplugged the phone. I rarely answer that phone and I won't do it again.

Plus, I talked to my SIL and she told me some stuff that I know I shouldn't have found out. My BIL finally talked to my WH yesterday and my WH informed him that OW and him would not be dating until we are divorced. That is a lie and his brother even told him it was a lie! My WH stuck to his story. Then he said that he isn't leaving me for OW, he is leaving me b/c he can't stand the fighting, which we rarely fight anymore, I have learned something from MB, and that I'm just not the same person. So, he is trying to act like he is the good guy by waiting to date her which isn't even true in the first place.

Now I'm exhausted. I didn't even actually talk to him yet b/c I knew so much about him today, I felt like I had broken plan B. But I didn't, and I have to be proud of myself. Normally these phone calls would be all it took but this time is different. He's using the money card b/c that's sensitive to me right now. He's acting like he CARES about if we have food in the fridge as he's putting all his time and effort into another women. He doesn't care about this family at all! How dare he call here and pretend he does.

So instead of homework, I've had two very big glasses of wine. This is probably just the beginning, he will eventually come to my door. I just want to be left alone. I can do it if he leaves me be, but I don't know if I can do it when he is after me.

I also started letting people know we are divorcing. That's a painful process. It hurts me when I see people are hurting for me.

Maybe it's just better to go to bed and start again tomorrow. It's WH birthday tomorrow. I decided I'll be separating us on Facebook as well tomorrow.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
P
P
It hurts me when I see people are hurting for me.

Allow your friends and family to comfort you without feeling that you need to tend to their emotions. Give them that gift!!!!
Let go of feeling responsible how others react to your situation.

S
S
I think I told you earlier in the thread that because you have allowed your H to break thru your PB so many times, that you were going to have to work extra hard to make sure all holes were plugged up so that you could finally go dark.

Going to same gym and not having changed your phone numbers is not Plan B. Plan B is no joke, it requires changes that are sometimes a big pain in the a$$ but it is WORTH IT for the peace it achieves. I rarely shop in my hometown (closest shopping to where I live) anymore because I am also in Plan B with all of my former in-laws -- most of them live there and I know I am bound to bump into them eventually so I drive out of my way to go elsewhere.

You don't have to bother explaining to me why you won't make these changes -- I just wanted to tell you that I don't predict that you will get any peace or healing following your plan. The drama and chaos will continue....

Last edited by SusieQ; 04/24/13 10:40 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I think I told you earlier in the thread that because you have allowed your H to break thru your PB so many times, that you were going to have to work extra hard to make sure all holes were plugged up so that you could finally go dark.

Going to same gym and not having changed your phone numbers is not Plan B. Plan B is no joke, it requires changes that are sometimes a big pain in the a$$ but it is WORTH IT for the peace it achieves. I rarely shop in my hometown (closest shopping to where I live) anymore because I am also in Plan B with all of my former in-laws -- most of them live there and I know I am bound to bump into them eventually so I drive out of my way to go elsewhere.

You don't have to bother explaining to me why you won't make these changes -- I just wanted to tell you that I don't predict that you will get any peace or healing following your plan. The drama and chaos will continue....

I do not think plan B is a joke at all. Me not having his number blocked was not intentional, it was his work number and I thought it was blocked, and I cleaned up all my holes the second I discovered them. He left on a Friday, I went to plan B on Saturday. I am not a pro, I'm learning just like everyone else. I know what peace it will bring b/c I feel it already, I WILL get peace, that's my goal. I get that I've allowed him to break through plan B numerous times, but, I didn't this time, so I do feel proud of myself.

The gym situation is just not an option for me. Working out is to important for my well being. The odd's of us seeing each other is very slim, is it there, yes and I know it is and I'm prepared for it.

On that wonderful note, I file tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Pepperband
It hurts me when I see people are hurting for me.

Let go of feeling responsible how others react to your situation.

I know this is true, thanks!

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
K
K
You must plug up EVERY hole. Surely there is another gym in town you can go to.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Surely there is another gym in town you can go to.

No there is not one with a pool in it, and I swim, a lot.

I realize every hole has to be plugged. Again he left on a Friday, I went to plan B on a Saturday. I work full time and go to school full time and have a 15 year old. I didn't not get his number blocked b/c I don't take it seriously. I wouldn't still be here on this site after all the mistakes I've made if I didn't want to do it the right way.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
R
R
There must be other pools in town?

6877 Offline OP
OP Offline
So I filed for divorce on Thursday. That part wasn't hard but ever since my days have been rotten. My desire to call him is overwhelming! I have not broke plan B and I do not intend to, but I'm having to have conversations with myself to not make contact.

My daughter's grandmother died yesterday and I think that has had some to do with it. The amount of pain my daughter has had to go through b/c of him, and now this. I was just so mad at him for leaving her and now she has to deal with this too!

It's so uncomfortable to sit here. I understand that change is uncomfortable but it doesn't mean it doesn't suck! I don't even know what it is that I want. Relief I guess.

I'm not trying to complain, b/c I know this is my way out, but I do wonder if I'll ever get through this and not think of him all day long.

He will be served on Monday I believe. I have no idea what will happen. I don't know if he will try to come here or if he will be happy he can be with his OW now. I don't know.

BW 35
WH 31
Plan B - April 13, 2013
Plan D - In the works
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation