Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27
M
M
Originally Posted by Atlanta14
When I say increasing conflict, I would ignore her behavior until she escalated it to something that shocked me enough that I would tell her to leave me alone. For exampled she stole the sim card from my husbands cell phone and she began texting me all
about how he no longer loved me and wanted to be with her because he can't live without her love.

Did you show the text to her husband?

The problem is that your abusive husband has about driven you crazy. Just imagine a woman who gets beat up every day by her husband. After a while she might kick back. You KICKED BACK! Your husband has turned you into a crazy woman. This is why you need to get away from him.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Unfortunately I have a streak of temper she doesn't have. And I guess I justified my open loss of it with "waaaahhhh, he is being terrible and I have a right to be so upset and awful back."

I feel embarressed now, lol. Oh well, I know I can do better now.

Don't be embarrassed that your "Taker" showed rebellion.

Have you learned about "giver" and "taker" yet?

A brief review is included in the "Buyers Renters Freeloaders" link in my sig line.

Your TAKER is the gal who loves you unconditionally. She's the one who holds her tongue for as long as she can, and then the anger explodes.

Read up on it.

Yes, but, has your mother ever dealt with infidelity? If she had, I'll bet you'd see her taker come out a bit too. Claws and all.

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
U
U
Here are the facts about your case as I read them:

You have been married for 5 years, with no kids.

Your WH has been cheating on you, lying to you, abusing you and gaslighting you for your entire 5 yr marriage. From what you describe, he is very very cruel to you.

He is now engaged in yet another A, is separated from you yet continues his abusive behaviors from afar.

Being with this man has changed who you are as a person, and not for the better.

PLAN B. This is such a no brainer from the outside looking in! Plan B with the attitude that YOU need to be in some way absolutely swept off your feet by his remorse and dedication to meet your conditions or YOU are not going to remain married to HIM. There is next to nothing to save here, no family unit with kids, no years of happiness prior to the affair, just a short lived highly abusive marriage.

Is he going to turn this around and meet your conditions? Highly unlikely. If I were you I would consider that a good thing. I would go into PLAN B and file Plan D and move on. Even if he meets your conditions, it will take you MORE time to recover from his multiple affairs than you have actually been married...

M
M
No. I didn't have a problem. I don't have a problem with it in any other areas of my life. I get along wonderfully with family and friends, my co-workers, etc.

With him, oh he was so precious to me, I never had temper with him. I would tell him if I didn't like something, but I was so careful never to be unkind about it. We didn't have any problems with my temper until a few years into things when I started letting him know I didn't like some things he was doing with regard to his ex wife. She was harrassing me. And if I responded to her in any way, he would nail me to the wall on it. He said that I was only creating conflict and "catfighting" over him. And he told me he didn't really care how his ex felt, but he cared about how his little girl felt. And by responding to his ex, I was upsetting her, and then would upset his daughter by going crazy. He told me THIS IS MY CHILD!

Then it really degraded from there. It became constant increasing conflict with the lady, until one day he just walked out.
What I didn't know then was he had re-engaged with her and was trying to conceal it and was beating me into not talking to his ex, because she was telling me he was over there with her and he was scared I would figure it out.

I have had a terrible time with the issues over his co-worker. He says I am scapegoating her. Maybe to some degree. I do think on that. It occured to me recently that possibly I am transferring all of my pain and anger to someone who doesn't deserve the strength of what I dumped on her. But she really has made clear over and over that she will run to my husband and use him to bully me back. She just listens and turns around and goes to him and he attacks me over it, threatening divorce, calling me insane, dangerous, unstable... and he makes sure SHE knows he is doing it.

Honestly, your story is one of the worst cases of cruel gas-lighting I've heard for a long time. It's just dreadful. That you didn't go mad or do more than shout is testimony to your own classiness, Atlanta.

A
OP Offline
A
Ok, I will read up on it.

And I do know that person.. I married him.

Mad and sad today, and I am wondering if I created the monster he is acting like. :(((

M
M
Atlanta, you are doing great my friend! What Dr Harley says is that unconditional love, which I believe you have afforded him, leads to marriages of neglect and abuse. Rewarding abusive behavior only trains spouses to be more abusive. They learn it works!

Now, I want to focus back on your Plan B. You sent him the letter of conditions I wrote, right?

If so, your next step should be to write him a Plan B letter telling him to not contact you and to contact your IM for only pertinent information about finances or legal issues.

Have you written this letter? Do you know about this letter?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
and I am wondering if I created the monster he is acting like. :(((
He was a monster before he met you, dear.
The sooner you are free from him, the better.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

A
OP Offline
A

The ex wife would steal the sim card from his cell phone when he was there to get his daughter, put it into her cell phone, then text me, pretending to be HIM, saying I was not loved or wanted, he was leaving me... and since I knew he was there, the first time she did it had me on the floor in a big mess.

Times after that, I just ignored her.

My mother was married twice. My father was a serial cheater, drunk, and physically abused her. She wanted to kill him one day, she said, instead she left him that day, divorced him, and I only saw him twice, as an adult, after that before he died. Mom remarried, and my stepfather passed away from cancer in 2005. She has since been on her own and my greatest supporter and advocate. She is a wonderful, kind, gentle, and generous person.

I sent him the conditions letter. I haven't sent the second one, so I will do that by email today. I didn't know about the second letter.

Going home now to meet with the locksmith and pack the cheap quality garbage bags..

M
M
The ex wife would steal the sim card from his cell phone when
My mother was married twice. My father was a serial cheater, drunk, and physically abused her. She wanted to kill him one day, she said, instead she left him that day, divorced him, and I only saw him twice, as an adult, after that before he died. Mom remarried, and my stepfather passed away from cancer in 2005. She has since been on her own and my greatest supporter and advocate. She is a wonderful, kind, gentle, and generous person.

You are the true daughter of your mother. Pack those bags, dear. Protect yourself now.

M
M
I sent him the conditions letter. I haven't sent the second one, so I will do that by email today. I didn't know about the second letter.

We call this one a plan B letter. Because your H is such a manipulator, I would send him a modified version:

Dear WS, since I have not heard a response to my list of conditions, I have decided to end all contact with you for now. It is with heavy heart that I write this letter. I can no longer endure the suffering your affair with OW and relationship with XW has caused. I love you very much but I cannot see you under these conditions.

I hope that we can really work on our marriage some day, but that cannot happen until you make a decision to stop the abuse and commit to ending all contact for life with XW and OW, even if it means leaving that job. As soon as you are willing to end your affair and do whatever it takes to repair our marriage I would be willing to discuss our future. Until that happens, I won't be in direct contact with you and ask that you stay away from our home. I ask that you respect my decision to not contact me.

My friend, Sally, has volunteered to act as intermediary. Please communicate any pertinent information about finances through her. I will separate our finances and deposit my check in my own bank account.

I do love you and hope that some day we can build the marriage we both want. I just can't be with you under these conditions.

All my love, Atlanta

Exposure 101

M
M
And be sure and block any access after you send the letter. Block his # on your phone and his emails on your email account. He may try to get through just to see if you are serious. It is very important that he does not get through.

If he does try to contact you, your IM should contact him and say, "Atlanta did not listen to your message and has requested all contact come through me."

Exposure 101

M
M
Can you dump his crap off at his mothers house? He would know you meant business if you showed up at his mom's house and dumped them there before he gets home from work. grin

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
I called his mom. She says come over, but apparantly he came home early too, and took his things , clothing, etc from there and has taken off for elsewhere. She has no idea.

He is running away from all of us.

I will send the letter through email and make sure he is blocked, and am going over to his mother's now to drop off the boxes of his most used personal effects. Half the furniture would be going otherwise and I kind of don't feel like sitting on the floor when I watch his big screen tv.

P
P
hurray

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
I called his mom. She says come over, but apparantly he came home early too, and took his things , clothing, etc from there and has taken off for elsewhere. She has no idea.

I will send the letter through email and make sure he is blocked, and am going over to his mother's now to drop off the boxes of his most used personal effects. Half the furniture would be going otherwise and I kind of don't feel like sitting on the floor when I watch his big screen tv.

M
M
I would hang onto all the furniture and only give him his personal effects. Make him get a court order to get anything else.

Good job calling his mother!!

Exposure 101

M
M
Do you have evidence of his affair with the current OW? and have you exposed it to her husband? Did you expose their affair at work? Can you bring me up to speed on that?

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Mirabelle

I don't think he was really ever committed to anyone. That's why so many people have agonised about him (including the ex).

Some people are just like that. You asked earlier whether you had shaped him into this malignant cruel selfish being? As Prisca said, no, he was like that before you met him. You are not responsible for how he behaves. He, only he, is responsible.

I know you feel sad. But you're on the right track.

A
OP Offline
A
I don't have any proof of an affair with the woman co-worker, except he has said in the past, that he feels attachment to her and he hadn't decided what it is yet. That was last summer. He has refused to leave the situation where she is, and he told me that he had talked extensively to her about me, our life and such.

Naturally I was not happy about it, and after he had that argument with the other guy at the office, I have been relentlessly insistent that he have as little to do with her as possible. She was smirky to me, which reinforced my beliefs, so I told her off very nastily 3-4 times.

Beyond that, no. Her husband does know. She herself insists there is NOTHING going on. I feel that there has been, with her feeling she is "special" to my husband, while he was reciprocating it. Lately that doesn't feel like it is there as much, but my tolarance is gone, hence the rage at both of them a few weeks ago.

As far as work, people did see some of the conflict, but so far I personally have not heard anything from superiors about it.

I feel low, but I don't have much to say to him. I am becoming concerned that he is unstable and mentally ill. Worried he will harm himself.

M
M
Would he play the suicide card? That is a pretty classic trick when a betrayed spouse stops making himself/herself available for abuse. It is a tactic to get the BS back under control. That is usually played by women but I think your husband sounds like a histrionic personality and would use that card if he felt it would work for him.

If he does play that card, I would strongly suggest you call 911 and get him hospitalized.

Exposure 101

Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 544 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation