Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
A
OP Offline
A
I get it. And I am feeling very low right now, because my experience is that I am the last person he will make big changes for or try to make feel better about things.

M
M
Originally Posted by Atlanta14
I get it. And I am feeling very low right now, because my experience is that I am the last person he will make big changes for or try to make feel better about things.

It makes me sad that you have lived in such a marriage for such a long time. You should be the most important person in your husband's life.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

It makes me sad that you have lived in such a marriage for such a long time. You should be the most important person in your husband's life.

Yes, you should.

Prepare yourself for all sorts of pressure. You've finally stopped buying his excuses. That's terribly bothersome and upsetting for someone who likes cake, and lots of it.

The best thing for you is to go DARK. He must display ACTIONS: words are not enough.

I know you're sad, Atlanta. Hang in there. Things will get better, one way or another.

A
OP Offline
A
I wish I were the most important person. He seems to be confused about who is supposed to matter to him most at this point.

L
L
I wish I were the most important person. He seems to be confused about who is supposed to matter to him most at this point.

You are beginning to experience the grieving process. Let it happen, it is healthy. Your brain has to remap all your experiences over the last five years and make sense of them in the light of new information. That is a heavy load and you need to respect it and give yourself time. Lots of quiet peaceful time.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
A
A
I think all BW/BS have their reality stolen. I mean look how long you live your life with these deceptions going on. Some people never know for years and years. They probably look back and think, but I was happy, or how fake it all was and real life stolen, leaving what? It's like a big bite taken out of who and what you are. Aren't we partly at least, a product of our life experience, and if your life was faked to you by someone, then they took you from yourself. It made me lose faith in who I am.

Freakin' OUCH! I wish I hadn't read that at work. I know that feeling all too well. I don't have any advice for you, just some sympathy, for what it's worth.

Me: BH
XW: Promises83
DS5
Married 10 years, first for both of us
D-Day: 27 Oct 11 trickle truth-ed until all 8 OMs were discovered
D Final: 16 Aug 2013
M
M
Originally Posted by AJoseJake
I think all BW/BS have their reality stolen. I mean look how long you live your life with these deceptions going on. Some people never know for years and years. They probably look back and think, but I was happy, or how fake it all was and real life stolen, leaving what? It's like a big bite taken out of who and what you are. Aren't we partly at least, a product of our life experience, and if your life was faked to you by someone, then they took you from yourself. It made me lose faith in who I am.

Freakin' OUCH! I wish I hadn't read that at work. I know that feeling all too well. I don't have any advice for you, just some sympathy, for what it's worth.
I have some advice:

It's the affairland that is fake, not your reality. You are not the one that has been living a lie. The most you are guilty of is trusting someone who you loved. The Lord was guilty of that when we first fell into sin. It is not a shameful thing for you.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
M
M
Originally Posted by AJoseJake

By the way, that is exactly how it feels to be raised in an alcoholic home. It feels like you are in the FUN house at the carnival.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
My father, the alocoholic, created so much drama and upset, that I remember events from the age of about 3. He liked alcohol, pills, guns and loose women.

So, hugs to you Melody, I know what it is like when someone let's than kind of crazy out. My mother was proud and it took her 9 years to leave. She went NC until I was 17.

My IM informs me that my husband has been in contact, she says he is in a state of self pity and apathy, but otherwise is not offering a productive response.

I am afraid he will simply go occupy himself and this will slide along forever. It is what I have seen him do in the past. I don't expect any great demonstrations of love from him in terms of his actions, because he really does tend to mope along, punctuated by months of frantic actions, then he wears out on it and it's back to apathy. I do think everyone is tired of it all right now.

I keep wondering how long until his ex wife regains her equilibrium and comes in to start trying to pressure him around. She says she doesn't want him anymore, but I don't believe her.

I don't believe any of them.

Other than that, no new except I am having a lot sadness myself.

AJose, I feel for you. I always want my tears to be private, too.

P
P
Self care .... What are you doing? Please elaborate.

Here's the Plan B rule (I just invented) .... Every time you write something, (wondering & speculating & analyzing) about your lost wayward, you must write an equal amount of time about your acts of self-soothing, self-care, and how you intend to protect yourself.

P
P
I am afraid ...

I keep wondering ...

What can you do for yourself today?

As long as you keep fearing and wondering about what he is doing or thinking, you allow him to still be in your life. And you allow him that much control over you.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

A
OP Offline
A
oh, sorry but you are funny, Pepper,and made me laugh. It's a good idea, so I am not just coming here venting and feeling sad.

So for this post...today I am planting flowers. I really love pansies and sunflowers, so I am planting pansies. Purple ones!

I am preparing my garden areas for seeds and more flowers.

It's a peaceful meditative process and I feel happy when I do it.

P
P
oh, sorry but you are funny, Pepper,and made me laugh. It's a good idea, so I am not just coming here venting and feeling sad.

So for this post...today I am planting flowers. I really love pansies and sunflowers, so I am planting pansies. Purple ones!

I am preparing my garden areas for seeds and more flowers.

It's a peaceful meditative process and I feel happy when I do it.

hurray

I just finished some garden puttering-around myownself.
I am training a Fuji apple tree to grow as an espalier against the fence.
I like to go out and coax the branches in certain directions.
I have a Meyer lemon tree thriving in a half oak barrel. I am trimming it to take on a pretty round-ish shape. I love Meyer lemons. This year I started an above ground vegetable garden. Why above ground? Because of Beanie, our desert tortoise, who demolished my efforts last time I grew veggies at dirt level. This morning I found a bunch of ladybugs on my pole beans, they volunteered to help me. I have a Cecile Brunner climbing rose that I am coaxing to arc over (from the fence where it is tethered to grow horizontally) to the old metal clothes line pole that I decided to keep as some wacky garden sculpture. Next year it will look awesome. A little crazy, but in a pink way, which is always good. flirt

My sunflowers did not make it dontknow
But, I have a lovely planter of pansies on my deck. Purple & pink in a cobalt blue container.

I have 4 different tomato plants that I am hoping become major producers.

smile

A
OP Offline
A
It sounds really lovely. I remember going west once and the fields in South Dakota in August were full of mature sunflowers.They are always so happy looking.

Nothing much happened here today, except I feel angry at him. I was leaving work and carrying out a box of things to my car to take over to the other office across town and I saw him walking across the far end of the parking lot. She was walking behind him about 20 feet and was on her cell phone. I have no idea if had been talking to her, but the very idea and knowing he will talk to her at work and talk to her regardless of how "sorry" he is because of the job.

Well. I was steamed and got out of there fast. Then after work did my pansies. And I know you guys will probably say who cares what he is doing and to pay attention to me, but this is the kind of thing that typically sets me off and reminds me of every unkind way he has treated me. I was shaking (panic, hurt, anger I guess) as I was driving off. I just wanted to tell him AGAIN how bad I feel and how I feel uncared for and demand to know why he keeps putting me through this. Why does this man feel SO entitled to disregard what it does to me?

That's what I want him to explain to me.

But here I am. It is after midnight and I will go to bed instead and I am so tired of feeling this sick despair. I wish I could pull it out of me. I am worn out. frown

Tomorrow, getting my slr camera out and I am going to take macro shots of the little flowers blooming on the tree out side of the house. I love photography and in particular macro photography, so many tiny little worlds hardly anyone is seeing and I like to take photos of them.

I wish he cared that I am not talking to him. Cared enough, I mean.

P
P
Nothing much happened here today, except I feel angry at him. I was leaving work and carrying out a box of things to my car to take over to the other office across town and I saw him walking across the far end of the parking lot. She was walking behind him about 20 feet and was on her cell phone. I have no idea if had been talking to her, but the very idea and knowing he will talk to her at work and talk to her regardless of how "sorry" he is because of the job.

Well. I was steamed and got out of there fast. Then after work did my pansies. And I know you guys will probably say who cares what he is doing and to pay attention to me, but this is the kind of thing that typically sets me off and reminds me of every unkind way he has treated me. I was shaking (panic, hurt, anger I guess) as I was driving off. I just wanted to tell him AGAIN how bad I feel and how I feel uncared for and demand to know why he keeps putting me through this. Why does this man feel SO entitled to disregard what it does to me?

Oh, Atlanta, you shouldn't have had to see that ((hug))
This is why your Plan B is going to need to be air tight. Just seeing him hurt you so bad.

You don't deserve this. It's not fair. We're here for you, okay?

Tomorrow, getting my slr camera out and I am going to take macro shots of the little flowers blooming on the tree out side of the house. I love photography and in particular macro photography, so many tiny little worlds hardly anyone is seeing and I like to take photos of them.

I LOVE macro photography, too. It has to be one of my favorites to shoot. smile Share some of your pics tomorrow!

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

B
B
So sorry you had to see that. hug

How can we tighten up your Plan B, so you won't have to deal with this?

How is transferring to another building in the company coming along?

Or the idea of working from home?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
OP Offline
A
I probably won't see that again.

The box of things to the car on my way out was my stuff from the office to go work at the other office. I am told I can work from home as long as I come in for meetings or I can just be in the other office or the office I began at. They don't care as long as I give the usual results. My boss is an awesome lady. I used to work with her, years ago, as an office mate and we really liked each other then.

This is one of the macros I took. These white flowers are actually only about 1/4 inch across.

http://i.imgur.com/QB7ldTf.jpg

I am going to take a half day off this afternoon and go to Barnes and Noble and pick up some of the books recommended here if I can find them.. and something extra that I have been wanting but kind of forgot about because I was busy being miserable and anxious.

P
P
Beautiful pic !!!
Thanks for sharing.
Just don't "macro" my skin.
*shudders* <~~~ a photography pun .... get it? huh? get it?

P
P
Oh, that's beautiful!

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
*shudders* <~~~ a photography pun .... get it? huh? get it?
snicker

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 528 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation