Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2726709 05/12/13 03:47 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I will start this one off, and maybe some of the other folks will feel safe enough to contribute.

1988 - I was the lead engineer on a massive project that had MAJOR ramifications for our company. I was working unimaginable hours (btw: so was my whole team), and never looking up to catch my breath.

FINALLY, on a given Friday, May 6, I believe, I actually had time to walk down and get a coffee from the machine in our building, and one of the ladies in a sister department asked, "NG what did you get you wife for Mother's day?" I remember thinking, "Why would she ask that - I have time for Mother's Day, because Mother's Day is ....a .....week .....AFTER .....my .....Anniv ....OH, [censored]!"

I RAN out of the building - went to the jewelry store (emerald ring), went to the florist (red tulips, her favorite), drug-store (chocolates), stopped by her favorite restaurant (reservations for 7:00, special flowers on table, pre-ordered her favorite meal, including flaming chocolate souffle.)

Continued on home, grabbed ring, flowers, chocolate, and opened the front door. There, on the living-room floor lay our 7yo oldest, reading, who glanced at me and called out, "Mom! Dad's home....and it looks like he finally remembered your anniversary!"

Bride still has the ring, and wears it, religiously, from our anniversary through Mother's Day!

S
S
Over here, it isn't expected for men to get their wives something for Mothers' Day. I was quite surprised when I began reading here at MB and realised they did that in the USA.

Here, men will buy or make things in the kids' names when they are little, and then take the kids to choose things when they are older. Once the kids are old enough, they are expected to arrange the treat themselves. The whole thing is done in the children's names, not as a gift from the husband to the wife.

I like the American idea, though. I like what it represents - "thank you for being the mother to my children". That's nice.

When husbands remember, of course.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H
I just popped in and worked around the filter to see the [censored].

Hilarious.

Though, should I forget the day after my birthday...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation