Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
C
OP Offline
C
Yes I can do things with her. I have been talking to her as much as possible even though her mom thinks im putting bad ideas about her. But I guess thats the paranoia talking. I feel that I dont have it as bad as her daughter and I am doing my best to do damage control. I feel so helpless in her regards.

Married for 3 years
And going through a seperation.
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
C
OP Offline
C
I have a question my ww is trying to tell her family that I have cheated on her before this fiasco and I know no one believes it but her. Would it be a good idea to take a polly test just to show her that I am telling tge truth?

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
B
B
Originally Posted by Chitenator
I have a question my ww is trying to tell her family that I have cheated on her before this fiasco and I know no one believes it but her. Would it be a good idea to take a polly test just to show her that I am telling tge truth?
She's trying to rewrite history.

Can you afford it?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
OP Offline
C
I bet when I can get some overtime. I guess she is under a lot of pressure now her family disapproves of her. Guess she wants to move out of state to get away from them. Her daughter wants to live with me and she is fed up with all the lies and has lost a lot of respect for her. She also spends her money like its going out of style and I guess om is getting annoyed with giving her money. But I think he is spinless to say anything. And the reason I want to take the test is to get her to stop calling me a cheat cause thats all she had to justify her actions. I dont know.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
B
B
I bet when I can get some overtime. I guess she is under a lot of pressure now her family disapproves of her. Guess she wants to move out of state to get away from them. Her daughter wants to live with me and she is fed up with all the lies and has lost a lot of respect for her. She also spends her money like its going out of style and I guess om is getting annoyed with giving her money. But I think he is spinless to say anything. And the reason I want to take the test is to get her to stop calling me a cheat cause thats all she had to justify her actions. I dont know.
Taking the poly probably won't keep her from saying fogbabble.

It sounds like the affair is starting to implode. Let her and OM turn on each other.

All OM are spineless.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you bh for your wise advice. Guess patience is a virtue.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
C
OP Offline
C
Is it alright to tell sd to watch for her name in the mail for identity theft. I learned that ww traded her moms car and forged her mothers name on the title to get a new car? I do not want step daughters credit ruined before she can use it. And I would rather error on the side of caution.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
K
K
I'd say do that, and maybe see about getting a credit report to be SURE nothing's happened.

Did you adopt her D? Because if not then odds of getting custody of her are low.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C
I have not adopted her but what I did was tell her to check the mail with her name on it. Also I told her to tell me if any cards show up.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
L
L
Is it alright to tell sd to watch for her name in the mail for identity theft. I learned that ww traded her moms car and forged her mothers name on the title to get a new car? I do not want step daughters credit ruined before she can use it. And I would rather error on the side of caution.

You can contact the 3 credit reporting agencies and have a security freeze put on the accounts (done by social security number) That will stop any sort of credit being opened under anyones name including a minor.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
C
OP Offline
C
Ill have to check that out. Thank you even though she is a step daughter I love her as my own and I promised my ww that I will protect her.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
L
L
It is really easy to do and can be done online. I have had to do this for myself and my children. Make sure you keep the pin numbers that you create so you can unfreeze it at anytime. Freezing and unfreezing takes a just a few minutes to accomplish online.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
C
OP Offline
C
Sweet. Thank you so much this is one of those things that really makes you sleep easier knowing.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
B
B
So sorry your WW has her head so fogged out that she would use DSD like that.

Remind me, did you do a background check on OM?

What does DSD say about him? Would she be honest with you if he was hurting or abusing her?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
OP Offline
C
Yes she would be honest with me. Its just got my attention when sd told me thsy ww was spending money and getting a new car by trading in the car that her mother gave to her by forging her mothers signature. So I would rather protect sd and not need as a cautionary act.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
C
OP Offline
C
Oh and I know my sd does not like him. He seems off. But I think he is deathly afraid of me so I hope that fear keeps him from hurting her.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
B
B
Oh and I know my sd does not like him. He seems off. But I think he is deathly afraid of me so I hope that fear keeps him from hurting her.
I commend you that you are there for your DSD? Where is her bio-dad?

Have you done a background check on OM?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
OP Offline
C
Her bio dad is a junkie that endangered her and sexual abused her. So yeah he can take a long walk off a short peer for all I care. And the back ground check I couldnt find anything on him on spokeo so I do not suggest that site. But I am willing to dig deeper if you can suggest a good site.

Married for 3 years
me bh 33
her ww 34
2 kids
her dd 14
my ds 8
B
B
Her bio dad is a junkie that endangered her and sexual abused her. So yeah he can take a long walk off a short peer for all I care.
Wow poor DSD. Did WW ever press charges against the POS?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
And the back ground check I couldnt find anything on him on spokeo so I do not suggest that site. But I am willing to dig deeper if you can suggest a good site.
I used intelius. I got what I needed, but I don't know if it's better or worse than spokeo.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation