Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 69 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 68 69
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by BlindsidedNM
That was a figure of speech. Of course I would choose to restore my family. I wouldn't be here otherwise, right? Anything other than having my family together just doesn't make any sense to me.

Okay.
Then you need to focus on plan A.
From now on, can you commit to posting any text messages you get from her before responding to them?
This will allow experienced plan A warriors to help you write a response that makes deposits, not withdrawals

Sounds good, except there's usually an hours-long lag between posts. She's going to want a response right away. =o\

Generally, I respond with yes/no answers and avoid conversation. Should I be more conversational? I've found that when I am, it often opens me up to either criticism or other negativity from her.

Nothing changes. I am stuck in hell. Every day is the same and I can't escape.
J
J
Yes if possible you should be more conversational.conversation is a top emotional need.
She doesn't need an immediate response unless it's an actual emergency

B
OP Offline
B
I'll be picking up my girls from day care at 1 today and taking them to the exchange point at 5:30. Most likely nothing will be said. Not sure how to handle these exchanges since she typically doesn't say anything or even look at me. Last time we had some words and the looks she gave me could kill an executioner.

B
OP Offline
B
Wow. So I go to the preschool to pic up my girls as usual, and the xW didn't leave the car seats. She is demanding that I buy my own car seats now, and she wants me to sign a parenting agreement her lawyer drew up. I don't know what you all think about those, but I am real hesitant to sign a contract that limits when I can see my own kids. She is using them against me, which sickens me to no end. It seems she is still in some kind of retaliatory phase. wanting me to pay for something SHE did I just don't get that.

Keep in mind that I have been unemployed this whole time. I finally start a job on Monday, but I'm not going to be rollin in it, either. I have a LOT of things I have to catch up on and necessities to buy - new clothes for this job, tires for my truck, etc.

S
S
Slight threadjack: shouldn't your signature say "divorced May 2013"? I've been re-reading your thread and you were not divorced when it started.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Slight threadjack: shouldn't your signature say "divorced May 2013"? I've been re-reading your thread and you were not divorced when it started.

oops, yes. Typo.

J
J
Regarding car seats call the welfare department.
Sometimes they give them away free.

D
D
Local Salvation Army as well.

B
OP Offline
B
I should be able to afford them since I start work on Monday. I was hoping that she'd start to see how insane she has been and not make me get them. I am really beginning to believe that she isn't coming back. I read the thread by.. can't remember his handle.. the guy whose wife cheated with a Muslim guy and moved overseas. She woke up rather suddenly and was probably more far gone than my xWife. Hope is the only thing I have left right now.

J
J
His poster name is justthe3ofus

B
B
I should be able to afford them since I start work on Monday. I was hoping that she'd start to see how insane she has been and not make me get them. I am really beginning to believe that she isn't coming back. I read the thread by.. can't remember his handle.. the guy whose wife cheated with a Muslim guy and moved overseas. She woke up rather suddenly and was probably more far gone than my xWife. Hope is the only thing I have left right now.
Here justthe3ofus's thread

His radio clips are in there also.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
That's him. I'm hoping my situation turns out like his. I can't imagine my XW actually wanting a relationship with someone like the guy she is seeing. I have a feeling that he will start to back off now that she's more likely to push him for some kind of commitment. Speaking for myself, I certainly would not want to get married again having gone through all this. He just had a hearing in January and was ordered to continue child support. Another marriage is not likely in his plans. Maybe this will be a point of conflict for them.

B
OP Offline
B
Anyone want to point me to some other happy ending threads? I need some freaking hope today. I'm all out.

B
B
Anyone want to point me to some other happy ending threads? I need some freaking hope today. I'm all out.
Here.
Two Years ago.......

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks, Brain. You're always there to respond. Remind me to buy you a drink if the sky ever turns blue again. Right now I am buying myself several. I hope I don't do something stupid.

My xW has a knack for gut-kicking me through our 4 year old. As I was buckling her in to her car seat, she declared "Mommy said that you're not going to see me any more." Yeah, buddy. What a way to wrap up a Saturday with my girls, right? I wonder if the alien's lawyer has another play on the white board. I can't wait to find out. That was sarcasm.

Bartender, another please.

Last edited by BlindsidedNM; 06/01/13 09:11 PM.

D
D
Drinking isn't going to help you, my friend. You should stop and go home and fine tune your actions to your WW reactions and your plan.

B
B
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
Drinking isn't going to help you, my friend. You should stop and go home and fine tune your actions to your WW reactions and your plan.
I agree. Friend please do not go down the drinking path.

We are here for you.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
I am home, at least whatever passes for "home" these days. Home is where the heart is, and this place aint it. I haven't been drunk in years so I'll probably just fall asleep anyway.

I'm glad some of you had a SO who has a conscience and emerged from the fog. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have the same happy ending.

P
P
O sure there is going to be a happy ending, if you follow things around here. What is your definition of success?

I think generally here the definition of success is recovery. Either of the marriage, or of the individual. Of course there are plenty of recovered marriage, but start looking out for the recovered people!

You are only just divorced. Your kids are shell shocked. Your 4 year old is probably scared to death she is not going to see you anymore, and as the divorce is fresh, so are emotions. Assure her that you will make sure that you will see her.

I'm still divorcing, still not done, with an absolute gem of a WH. But I'm recovered. Individually.

You have to grief about the loss of the marriage. The 5 stages. Let yourself go through them, experience and express them. Trust me, over time it lessens, and I bet a year from now you will be a totally different person. Stick around, look at the other forums!

B
OP Offline
B
I'm not accepting of the divorce in any way. This has been going on for almost two years and my views and feelings have not changed one bit. It's not that I am unwilling, I just can't do it. I had all my eggs in that basket and I will never get married again and likely won't even commit to anyone again.

Success to me is her waking up and wanting to reconcile. Anything short of that is failure.

Page 9 of 69 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 68 69

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation