Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33
BrainHurts #2730059 05/23/13 11:40 PM
B
B

What EPs have you given to him for yourself?
What just compensation have you given your BH?

Please read.
Can't We Just Forgive and Forget

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Prisca #2730060 05/23/13 11:42 PM
M
M
mrs_cen, we are on the side of your marriage and want the two of you to recover. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make sure an affair never happens again, and to make sure your marriage recovers? Are you willing to never spend the night apart again, if that is what it takes?

Originally Posted by Prisca
Are you willing to commit to never spending the night apart again?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2730188 05/24/13 11:50 AM
F
F
mrs_cen,

From one wayward to another, every time your H finds out another secret that you are intentionally or not intentionally keeping, it puts him back to day one of the affair. You need to stop worrying about the advice given to your H and start taking the advice given to you from BH's and Waywards that took the high road and truly cleaned up their mess.

Think about the tornado that just hit Oklahoma and that is the mess you made of your marriage. Sitting around and waiting for someone else to clean up or complaining because its not getting cleaned up fast enough is not going to get the job done. In addition it is a BIG job that is going to take ALOT of work on your end.

Please stop taking such offense to what people on here are telling you. Like Markos said, we are on the side of your marriage and know what it takes to make it work.

You have got to be patient and work on cleaning up your side of the street. That includes EP's and Just Compensation(look them up if you don't know what they are)to your H. Both of these need to come into play before you he can even begin to recover.

He is going to be on a roller coaster of emotions for awhile. You are going to have to except that, deal with it, and understand that you are the cause.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
#2730988 05/27/13 12:41 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I've been researching different programs to block Facebook - most of them seem to be available for computers only - I need to have it on my iPhone.
Right now it's not installed, and there is a password needed to get into my settings to be able to install it (I don't have the password) but my BS has asked that this be done. Does anyone have any experience or advice for this software?

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2731004 05/27/13 01:20 PM
H
H
Originally Posted by mrs_cen
I've been researching different programs to block Facebook - most of them seem to be available for computers only - I need to have it on my iPhone.
Right now it's not installed, and there is a password needed to get into my settings to be able to install it (I don't have the password) but my BS has asked that this be done. Does anyone have any experience or advice for this software?

Talk to your cell carrier, and see if there is an option for "parental controls."

Using parental controls through your account on the provider's website may allow you to apply blocks and/or filters.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
mrs_cen #2731033 05/27/13 02:57 PM
M
M
You could also consider just getting a dumb phone, like an older version flip phone without internet capability. That would keep you off social networks entirely.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2731107 05/27/13 10:39 PM
P
P
Yes, get a dumb phone.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2731108 05/27/13 10:41 PM
P
P
And go back to your other thread and answer my questions:
My Story

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

#2732885 06/03/13 10:57 AM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Since April of rhis year, i have had NC with the OM, in person or by phone - there was a text message in the beggining of May (which i did not respond to) but BS set our recovery day back to that last communication. Since then i have deleted and blocked FB, have no email address (other than the joint one we share) have transfered my cell to his plan and under his name so he is able to go through and see any texts or phone calls ive received/made through our cell provider (should he choose) our bank accounts are now joint, I have given him a 24hr schedule (as book suggests) to my daily activities, he has all numbers to where i should be at any time to be able to verify. My BS was upset that i had not done a NC letter to OM - since we have both just started to read Dr. H's book "Surviving an Affair" I (we) was not aware until now it should be done, so my question is shoul i still be doing a NC letter to OM? and if so, how do i go about getting it to him? he only has one living relative that i know of - his mom and i dont have any info on her as to number, address etc.
I don't want to make things worse after this much time has now passed, I want to do what's best in reparing my marriage and helping him heal.
Thank you,

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2732889 06/03/13 11:07 AM
B
B
Send it certified mail.
Originally Posted by Dr Harley
My advice is to write a final letter in a way that the victimized spouse would agree to send it. It should begin with a statement of how selfish it was to cause those they loved so much pain, and while marital reconciliation cannot completely repay the offense, it's the right thing to do. A statement should be made about how much the unfaithful spouse cares about his spouse and family, and for their protection, has decided to completely end the relationship with the lover. He or she has promised never to see or communicate with the lover again in life, and asks the lover to respect that promise. Nothing should be said about how much the lover will be missed. After the letter is written, the victimized spouse should read and approve it before it is sent
Coping with Infidelity: The End

[from SAA, pg 58]

OW, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk to you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that BS did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay BS for the pain I caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely, XXXXX

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Administrator
Administrator
Threads merged.

ToujoursMB@gmail.com
P
P
Yes, you certainly should send a NC letter.

how do i go about getting it to him? he only has one living relative that i know of - his mom and i dont have any info on her as to number, address etc.
Find the contact info.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
Questions you've never answered:

Are you willing to never spend the night apart again?
Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make sure an affair never happens again, and to make sure your marriage recovers?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2732944 06/03/13 01:47 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M

Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make sure an affair never happens again, and to make sure your marriage recovers?

1. Yes, I am 100% willing to never spend the night apart
2. I'm not sure what an EP is (couldn't find it in the abbreviation section) so I can't answer that one yet.
3. I am 100^ willing to do whatever it takes to recover my marriage.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2732951 06/03/13 01:59 PM
B
B

1. Yes, I am 100% willing to never spend the night apart
2. I'm not sure what an EP is (couldn't find it in the abbreviation section) so I can't answer that one yet.
3. I am 100^ willing to do whatever it takes to recover my marriage.
Here. Extraordinary Precautions

Did you see my post about the NC letter?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I did see it Brain, and I had a few minutes to talk to my H at lunch about it, he feels that following Dr.H's steps as well as the forum advice is the way to go, so we will be discussing the letter further tonight.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2732953 06/03/13 02:04 PM
P
P

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

mrs_cen #2732954 06/03/13 02:06 PM
B
B
I did see it Brain, and I had a few minutes to talk to my H at lunch about it, he feels that following Dr.H's steps as well as the forum advice is the way to go, so we will be discussing the letter further tonight.
Good.

Make a list of EPs and present them here and then give them to your BH.

Once your BH feels like he's had all his questions answered about Your Affair and sees you living a complete transparent life then you can proceed with building a romantic integrated marriage.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Prisca #2732955 06/03/13 02:07 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
When a wayward spouse ends the affair, and agrees to rebuild the marriage, extraordinary precautions must be taken to guarantee that there will be no relapses. Affairs thrive on what I've called a secret second life. It's what you do under the radar. You know, or at least suspect, that your spouse wouldn't approve, so a part of your life is hidden from him or her. When a spouse is able to come and go without any accountability, men like Alex can have an affair with relative impunity. The temptation of an affair is great because there's little to stop them.

So I encourage couples to end their secret second lives by being transparent in the way they live their lives. It not only guards against affairs, but it also helps create intimacy and build compatibility. It's not a punishment for bad behavior -- it's an essential ingredient for a healthy marriage.

Transparency occurs when couples follow the Policy of Radical Honesty that I introduced to you in chapter 7. Reveal to your spouse as much information about yourself as you know -- your thoughts, feelings, habits, likes, dislikes, past history, daily activities, and future plans.

Nothing should be hidden. Passwords, email, text messages, telephone logs, computer histories, and all other forms of communication are made readily available to a spouse. It's the way my wife, Joyce, and I have lived during our 47 years of marriage. By revealing everything we know about ourselves, we have not only avoided an affair, but our transparency has helped our marriage in a host of other ways, too. It's not a lifetime prison sentence, where disclosure prevents us from having what we need most -- it's the formula for a very fulfilling life.

If I were to counsel Alex, I would encourage him to give Elaine a twenty-four-hour-a-day schedule of his whereabouts, and Elaine should do the same. Such a schedule is essential in a great marriage because spouses who are partners in life check with each other throughout the day to coordinate their decisions and activities. Elaine should call him several times a day, and he should call her as well just so they can check in with each other.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2732957 06/03/13 02:08 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
When discussing EPs, Dr. Harley addresses that the following areas need to change:

A) Blocking all communication with Affair Partners (AP�s)
B) Accounting for all of your time
C) Accounting for all money
D) Spending your leisure time with your wife.

EP�s are put into place to protect your spouse.

Protection = Care

EP�s are also designed to ELIMINATE the opportunity to have a secret second life.

Ok, so let�s talk about two different categories you need to create in your list of EP�s.

The first category is a list of one-time EPs that you will need to make sure you complete quickly.

The second category is a list of EPs that you will follow for a lifetime.

So let�s start with the first category items.

(what follows are SUGGESTIONS, remember this is going to be YOUR list)

A) Change cell phone number and give password & account access to your spouse.
B) Change email account.
C) Eliminate all social networking accounts (i.e., Face book, Classmates, My Space, etc.)
D) Take a polygraph
E) Make a copy of my vehicle keys and any other keys my spouse does not have and give to them (i.e., safe deposit boxes, business keys, storage cabinets/lockers, etc.)
F) List out passwords for all business and personal computer logins, and any other passwords my spouse does not have access to.
G) Give my spouse access to any banking/financial accounts, business and personal.
H) Install software that tracks all internet use, giving my spouse administrative access.
I) Install a webcam/security cameras for while at work that my spouse can access.
K) Sell the house/purchase a new one.
L) Sell any vehicle AP was in and replace them.

Some of these things you may have already done. But these are one time things that you set up and they stay this way with little or no maintenance.

Include completed items on this list as well as items still in process on your list.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Page 4 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation