Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Originally Posted by RMX
I am trying to get rid of the garbage in my backyard.

Cleaning up a messy place is often very symbolic for cleaning up other situational messes.
smile

R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Tomorrow is the day, ill post a update. will be on my best behavior and I will do my best to make a good first impression! Make that "we" will do our best!

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Let me rephrase, she is flying in tomorrow, ill let yall know how it goes later in the day tomorrow evening.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
B
B
Originally Posted by RMX
Let me rephrase, she is flying in tomorrow, ill let yall know how it goes later in the day tomorrow evening.
I hope it all goes well.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well, we got to meet at the JW Marriott, and it was so nerve stacking, the reunion was in the lobby. We recognized her and she recognized us, the kids were in school so we got to visit a little bit and we had lunch togethor with her adoptive mom and her adoptive grandma. It felt kind of reserved and nervous for everyone. I went and picked up the kids, and my daughter (7) immediately went hiding behind her mom when she met her older sister (OC). After a few hours the sisters were attached at the hip. The boys and i, not so much. I guess sisterhood is different than brothers smile we are meeting up again today. I'll post more later

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
She sounds like rogue from the.X-Men

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
B
B
So how did it go?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R

Wife and I met the OC, OC's mom and OC's grandmom at a resort hotel on 5/24. We met in the lobby, and neither party had any trouble recognizing the other. OC and wife hugged for what seemed like a few minutes and couldn't stop crying, there wasn't a dry eye in the immediate vicinity.

We all had lunch togethor and OC didn't ask alot of questions at first, it was a pleasant experience, the OC really REALLY resembles my wife, she barely has anything of her POSOM father in terms of looks.

The best I could muster was a little small talk as I was not sure what she thought of me, since she was already told I wasn't her bio-dad. OC wanted to meet her siblings so I left wife there with them and went and picked up alllll the kids from daycare, school, and home and we all drove to the hotel. (cont. in next post)

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R

While I was out rounding up kids, wife and OC's told OC her bio-dads name, what he was like, and that she could ask OCs mom for more information when OCs mom feels its appropriate.

The kids and I arrive at the hotel and OC meets us there in the lobby.

OC met her little sister first, who being nervous, ran and hid behind her mom playfully. I don't know why, OCs little sister has been looking forward to that meeting with OC.

OC hugged her older brother next and then her little brother, and wife and I just stood there watching them interact. It was a moment we didn't want to interfere in so we just watched them size her up and she them. The rest of the day the four kids were inseparable, OC mostly seemed to be bonding to her older brother, they didn't go anywhere without some kind of body contact, whether it was shoulder to shoulder or hugs or holding hands.

We got to goto Chilis for dinner and the OC held her little sister half the meal, they both clearly enjoyed having a sister.

We got to know the OC's mom much more then ever. She is such a wonderful person, considering all that shes been through with her divorce, dealing with infidelity, her XH's passing away, and now her daughters issues (will elaborate later)

We go back to the hotel room where they are staying and the kids were chatting and have a grand old time. Alot of picture taking went on and alot of stories about the kids growing up.

We find out that OC likes boys (Oh boy...) and shes recovering nicely from a heart condition involving a valve not shaped right at birth)

Finally we leave and tell them we'll be back tomorrow to go swimming at the resorts waterpark, kids are glued togethor allll day long and everyone had a blast!

The best part is the next day and the day after that the OC started to talk to me, and I used my very best listening skills to make sure I had the best interaction possible, she would even tag along with my oldest and I on starbuck runs downstairs.

The best part is, I got to talk to OC, one on one and I got to ask alot of questions about her adoptive dad, their memories togethor, what she does for fun, and we finally started to connect. Now I didn't say it to her face directly, but she has ALOT of wife's mannerisms and facial expressions just like her siblings do.

We did have some problems with OC because as the time to go got closer, she got more and more emotional almost to full blown crying. I have to tell you it was wrenching emotionally because the siblings started crying too, and for the same reason.

I'll post more later

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
F
F
(((RMX))) It sounds like a wonderful time for all. How is everyone handling it now that she is gone?

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
B
B
Thanks for sharing and it sounds like it went really well.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Is the MB photo thread still active somewhere? I would love to post some pictures for y'all

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
B
B
Originally Posted by RMX
Is the MB photo thread still active somewhere? I would love to post some pictures for y'all
Here. "The" MB Photo Thread

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R

Sisters, DD (left) and OC (right)

I only use OC because I don't know if anyone uses DOC (Dear Other Child)

[Linked Image from i40.tinypic.com</div>
<br>

</div>

<div class=
FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
[Linked Image from i43.tinypic.com <br><br><br>Wife (left) and OC (middle) and DD (right bottom corner)</div>
<br>

<div class= Last edited by RMX; 06/03/13 05:21 PM.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R

I don't think the photo thread link works anymore so I used tinypic

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
R
RMX Offline OP
OP Offline
R
..We all bonded quite quickly, we had every wishing we had more time togethor.

It was extremely awkward when the time to leave came.

We said our goodbyes in the hotel room, but each time we thought all the goodbyes were said, the COM would start crying.
then OC wanted to walk us to the elevator,
then she rode in the elevator to the first floor,
then the OC wanted to walk us out to the parking area
she (OC) comforted her siblings the best she could.

We were afraid the OCs mom would get upset but she allowed it each time the OC made the request to go a little farther.

We didn't want to leave her (OC) so we'd tell her reassuring words that this wouldnt be the last time. since everyone was crying, it took about an hour from the hotel room to the van in the parking lot.

Last edited by RMX; 06/03/13 05:32 PM.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by RMX
Here. "The" MB Photo Thread
Sorry it's on page 114 of the thread.
Originally Posted by Faith1
SickofLimbo and his boys,
AnnaBelleRose,
and NewPetals and her WH
have all been added to the album hurray

Here's the link, and the password to view the album. Please remember that MB is a public forum, and so is Photobucket. The album is "private", so the wandering Photobucket public can not view it on Photobucket, and therefore WE MUST use the password to view it. However, anyone looking HERE can obviously figure out the password. Hope that makes sense.

--> MB Photo Album <--

Password is the last name of the author/Dr. that created this website and books of marriage principles. The first letter is capitalized.

You can post pictures 2 ways:

1. Post your links here for any photos you want to share. Putting them on this thread keeps them all in one place, and posting your own link gives you easy control of editing, adding and deleting if/when you change your mind.

or...

2. You can e-mail your photos to me, faith1again@yahoo.com, and I will be glad to add them to my photobucket MB Album.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Wow they look so much alike. Thanks for sharing.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
RMX, this is all very positive! Yes, she's her mother's daughter! smile I can tell you that, the more time you interact with DOC, the less awkward it will seem when you meet and when you leave each other. There's going to be a period of adjustment while you all adjust to your new 'normal'. Don't dismiss your role as her birth mother's husband; you will be important to DOC. My birth father's wife and I have a warm relationship and I admire her greatly.

Mr. Bliss and I just spent the weekend with my half-sibs, who live about two hours from me. (Mr. Bliss and my sister's husband get along like best buddies, LOL) What a blast! I think I mentioned that I found them through internet searches about 5 or 6 years ago. It's a different layer of my life experience and I embrace it. I suggest you embrace this experience, RMX, and it sounds like you have. hurray

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation