Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33
Prisca #2733355 06/04/13 10:47 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
How are you going to send the NC letter, mrs.cen?

Well Prisca, I'm not sure - if you look back to my first post tonight, that was the initial question.

FWW, 36

Prisca #2733356 06/04/13 10:48 PM
P
P
First of all I NEVER said I was angry MelodyLane - I started by explains the events of our evening - expressing HIS anger and asking for suggestions on how to send the NC letter.
You're obviously agitated about it, though.

40 minutes really doesn't leave me a lot of time to be doing "dishonest things"
40 minutes is plenty of time to do many dishonest things.
You haven't even sent a NC letter yet, and you're shopping? And you expect him to not wonder if you're honest? Of course he's going to wonder ... He CAN'T trust you right now. And he SHOULDN'T.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

mrs_cen #2733357 06/04/13 10:49 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by mrs_cen

Well Prisca, I'm not sure - if you look back to my first post tonight, that was the initial question.

Start thinking. How are you going to do it?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2733358 06/04/13 10:54 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
First of all I NEVER said I was angry MelodyLane - I started by explains the events of our evening - expressing HIS anger and asking for suggestions on how to send the NC letter.
You're obviously agitated about it, though.

40 minutes really doesn't leave me a lot of time to be doing "dishonest things"
40 minutes is plenty of time to do many dishonest things.
You haven't even sent a NC letter yet, and you're shopping? And you expect him to not wonder if you're honest? Of course he's going to wonder ... He CAN'T trust you right now. And he SHOULDN'T.

No, I'm actually not agitated at all.
I don't "expect" him to do anything - perhaps I'm not being clear enough here - when I posted tonight, it was to explain his feelings and ask about the NC letter I'm expected to send. I did not suggest, nor did I say I was angry at all, I did not suggest, nor did I say I expect him to suddenly trust me.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2733359 06/04/13 10:55 PM
M
M
[

First of all I NEVER said I was angry MelodyLane - I started by explains the events of our evening - expressing HIS anger and asking for suggestions on how to send the NC letter. Secondly, I suppose as you said any "half-wit can run into a store etc" is indeed true, however, getting off work, speaking to him, buying the shirt and making it home within 40 minutes really doesn't leave me a lot of time to be doing "dishonest things"

You didn't need to say you were angry, we can read it in your post which complains about him. Did you tell your husband you were going there?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

mrs_cen #2733360 06/04/13 10:57 PM
P
P
Right. smile So you should have no problem with him checking up on you in the future. smile

And you shouldn't have a problem skipping the shopping for awhile, to ease your husband's fears.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[

First of all I NEVER said I was angry MelodyLane - I started by explains the events of our evening - expressing HIS anger and asking for suggestions on how to send the NC letter. Secondly, I suppose as you said any "half-wit can run into a store etc" is indeed true, however, getting off work, speaking to him, buying the shirt and making it home within 40 minutes really doesn't leave me a lot of time to be doing "dishonest things"

You didn't need to say you were angry, we can read it in your post which complains about him. Did you tell your husband you were going there?

Yes, I did tell him I was going. I didn't realize talking about his feelings, was complaint about them - I will refrain from doing so in the future.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2733363 06/04/13 10:58 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
How did you have an affair with this guy without having any contact info?

One more time - I KNOW his name, I KNOW his cell number, we did not meet at my home, nor did we meet at his home.

hmmm, where did you meet?

We met in high school, lost touch, became friends through FB.

What?? Didn't you meet at a gym?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

mrs_cen #2733364 06/04/13 11:00 PM
M
M
[
Yes, I did tell him I was going. I didn't realize talking about his feelings, was complaint about them - I will refrain from doing so in the future.

If you told him you were going to the store and he agreed to this, then why was he upset?

Exposure 101

P
P
I didn't realize talking about his feelings, was complaint about them - I will refrain from doing so in the future.
Stop it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2733366 06/04/13 11:00 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Right. smile So you should have no problem with him checking up on you in the future. smile

And you shouldn't have a problem skipping the shopping for awhile, to ease your husband's fears.

Of course I don't have a problem with it - I didn't realize that shopping for half an hour would upset him, being as I spoke with him on the phone and brought home the receipt etc. clearly I was wrong, and need to be much more aware of his feelings in the future and either bring him with me or not go at all.

FWW, 36

Prisca #2733367 06/04/13 11:02 PM
P
P

I can tell you, if the fate my marriage hung on that one thing, I would find the info needed.

We can't find it for you. You're going to have to do it. You cannot skip this step.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2733368 06/04/13 11:03 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
No Melody, we did not meet at a gym

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2733369 06/04/13 11:03 PM
M
M

Of course I don't have a problem with it - I didn't realize that shopping for half an hour would upset him, being as I spoke with him on the phone and brought home the receipt etc. clearly I was wrong, and need to be much more aware of his feelings in the future and either bring him with me or not go at all.

This doesn't add up. So you told him BEFORE you went shopping and he agreed to this and then when you got home he was upset?

Exposure 101

mrs_cen #2733370 06/04/13 11:04 PM
P
P

Exactly.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes, that is correct - I told him, where I was going BEFORE I went, spoke with him twice while I was there, everything was fine when I got home, he got angry a few hours after - which was the start of my first post tonight.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2733372 06/04/13 11:07 PM
M
M
Yes, that is correct - I told him, where I was going BEFORE I went, spoke with him twice while I was there, everything was fine when I got home, he got angry a few hours after - which was the start of my first post tonight.

WHY was he upset then?

Exposure 101

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't know, I believe when I'm not around it gives him time to "think" and it reminds him of the A and he gets angry and begins to "think of things/ideas/scenarios" in his head.

FWW, 36

M
M
I get it now. He doesn't BELIEVE the explanation, which makes perfect sense. The big red flag to ME was the "I called twice while I was there!!" You just set off his red flags with that lame cover. You do realize that is not a cover, right, and makes your story sound contrived?

( I suggested he contact our cell provider and ask for the records - so as to see I've not been "texting/deleting"people) suggesting I was NOT where I said was after work for half hour (returned a sundress - brought new top AND receipt with time/date stamp to show him)

Exposure 101

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I NEVER said I "called him twice", I said I SPOKE with him twice, I called ONCE, he called me ONCE.
There IS/WAS no "cover".

FWW, 36

Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation