Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes, I am being TOTALY transparent with him, my phone was switched under his plan, so that at any time he has access to any and all incoming/outgoing texts and phone calls. I have ALWAYS let him see the phone, it's not hidden.
He has not given me a list of questions yet, so I e not answered, only the questions he's verbally asked - those I HAVE answered.
My EP's are posted in this thread, a few pages back and I'm continuing to follow and complete them. I need to work on my own AO, he's pointed out a few to me last night.

FWW, 36

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I emailed Dr. Harley last night.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735044 06/11/13 10:18 AM
P
P
Why do you seem upset when he asks to see it?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2735047 06/11/13 10:23 AM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't know, I don't see it as anger - agitated maybe - he, pointed this out to me last night - I've said I will not do it anymore, he sees it as an obvious LB.
I saw you posted about spyware for my phone on RNR's link - I think that would be a good idea, can you just go to a BestBUy?

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735051 06/11/13 10:29 AM
P
P
I saw you posted about spyware for my phone on RNR's link - I think that would be a good idea, can you just go to a BestBUy?
He needs to take care of that himself. You need to just let him.

Whenever he asks to see your phone, let him. No emotion. Just hand it over and let him see it. He cannot handle ANYTHING that looks like you are hiding something. Go out of your way to be transparent.

Who are you texting?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2735052 06/11/13 10:31 AM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm not - usually it's just games - Tetris/Candy crush.
When I do text it's to him or my sister - and I leave the text history, so he knows or can see that nothing's been deleted.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735055 06/11/13 10:37 AM
P
P
Is your phone your source for the internet? Or do you have a PC?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2735059 06/11/13 10:45 AM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We have a MAC book, but I do have Internet on the phone.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735061 06/11/13 10:46 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by mrs_cen
I'm not - usually it's just games - Tetris/Candy crush.

When you are playing a game and he wants to see your phone, let him see the screen.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2735064 06/11/13 10:56 AM
S
S
I don't know, I don't see it as anger - agitated maybe - he, pointed this out to me last night - I've said I will not do it anymore, he sees it as an obvious LB.

Prisca didn't ask about anger. She asked why you seem upset.

I don't get it -- if you are being "totally transparent" and there is no issue here, why would you be agitated? Do you not realize that he is going to be distrustful of almost everything that you do for a while?

My sister and her H have never had affairs and they can't text anyone without the other coming and looking and they have no problem with that.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
markos #2735066 06/11/13 10:56 AM
P
P
Give him your phone as soon as he walks in the door from work. Tell him you are committed to transparency, and ask him to put any kind of spyware on your phone and computer that he needs to. Do so without emotion -- no agitation or arguing or acting like this is something you are being forced to do. He can give you your phone back when he is done. DO NOT DEMAND IT. OFFER IT.If he responds with a disrespectful judgement or angry outbursts, keep your mouth shut, leave the phone, and leave the room.

Do not push him to give it back to you. Wait patiently.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

mrs_cen #2735067 06/11/13 11:00 AM
S
S
I don't know, I don't see it as anger - agitated maybe -
Have you actually dared to say "who are you, the phone police?" to your H, who has just discovered your affair? Have you actually dared to say that in the last few days, despite having read about the devastation of affairs on here?

Why on earth would you speak in that manner to the man you betrayed, if that's true?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Prisca #2735070 06/11/13 11:03 AM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
Give him your phone as soon as he walks in the door from work. Tell him you are committed to transparency, and ask him to put any kind of spyware on your phone and computer that he needs to. Do so without emotion -- no agitation or arguing or acting like this is something you are being forced to do. He can give you your phone back when he is done. DO NOT DEMAND IT. OFFER IT.If he responds with a disrespectful judgement or angry outbursts, keep your mouth shut, leave the phone, and leave the room.

Do not push him to give it back to you. Wait patiently.

Ok, I will do it starting today.

FWW, 36

SugarCane #2735071 06/11/13 11:05 AM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Have you actually dared to say "who are you, the phone police?" to your H, who has just discovered your affair? Have you actually dared to say that in the last few days, despite having read about the devastation of affairs on here?

Why on earth would you speak in that manner to the man you betrayed, if that's true?

Yes, Sugarcane I did say that - and my BS pointed it out and called me on it. I realized what I did, and committed to never doing it again - and also following Prisca's suggestions as well.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735074 06/11/13 11:11 AM
M
M

Yes, Sugarcane I did say that - and my BS pointed it out and called me on it. I realized what I did, and committed to never doing it again - and also following Prisca's suggestions as well.

Good.

Sarcasm is a disrespectful judgment, so you'll have to eliminate it in the way you talk to your husband.

Prisca and I were lovers of fine sarcasm, so this was particularly difficult for us. smile But it was well worth it! Nowadays we know how to flirt all the time without being sarcastic or disrespectful to each other, and that is MUCH more fun!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2735080 06/11/13 11:19 AM
P
P
Have you ordered Lovebusters and the workbook yet?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

mrs_cen #2735090 06/11/13 11:35 AM
S
S

I would take it a step further. I have noticed on this thread several times that you are very defensive-- and I foresee a lot of problems if you don't drop the attitude when you are questioned about things -- because you BH is going to question EVERYTHING you do for a while.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2735091 06/11/13 11:40 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I would take it a step further. I have noticed on this thread several times that you are very defensive-- and I foresee a lot of problems if you don't drop the attitude when you are questioned about things -- because you BH is going to question EVERYTHING you do for a while.
This is the point I was hoping to get you to see. For the life of me, having been through this myself, I have never been able to undertand how a WS can watch their spouse crumble into a near breakdown on discovering their affair, and yet have the brass neck - to lack compassion and concern to such a degree - that they can mock and belittle them over their panic and fear of the affair continuing or reigniting.

Your only response here is that your BS called you on it and you stopped. There is no sense of humility or regret from you for having done that, whatsoever.

I am saddened about that.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2735097 06/11/13 11:52 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
This is the point I was hoping to get you to see. For the life of me, having been through this myself, I have never been able to undertand how a WS can watch their spouse crumble into a near breakdown on discovering their affair, and yet have the brass neck - to lack compassion and concern to such a degree - that they can mock and belittle them over their panic and fear of the affair continuing or reigniting.

Your only response here is that your BS called you on it and you stopped. There is no sense of humility or regret from you for having done that, whatsoever.

I am saddened about that.

Exactly!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2735130 06/11/13 12:53 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
In the early part of my posting on the board, I was indeed very defensive - I felt for lack of a better word "attacked" - my BS, implored me to join this site, so that we could get help to save our marriage. I stayed with it. I believe that my defensiveness to the posts on not only my thread but my husbands as well as lessened significantly, I read, I respond, I answer the questions. It's certainly not my intent to come across any other way. As far as having "no sense of humility and or regret", I can only say that yes, of COURSE I have regret, deciding to not post that "I feel regret" etc, was what I thought I was supposed to do? One of my EP's was "to put my feelings aside and help you heal with yours", I believe someone posted already that my feelings are just emotion not actions.
And since it was me that caused the potential break-up of my marriage, I thought I was doing the correct thing.
Last night when he called me on it, I expressed to him my regret, I made a conscious decision and promise to him to not do it anymore - I chose to leave my feelings out of the original post. I don't know now what I'm suppose to say when answering questions here - if I respond with my feelings of regret etc it comes across as being "poor WW" but I I don't ten it comes across as "having no humility or regret"

FWW, 36

Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation