Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 33 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 32 33
mrs_cen #2735132 06/11/13 01:01 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by mrs_cen
Originally Posted by Prisca
This list concerns me.
It is mainly a list of promises of how you will feel.
Extraordinary Precautions is not repentance. Extraordinary Precautions are boundaries to prevent another affair.
Extraordinary precautions are behavior based, not feeling based.

1. I mustwill be totally honest with you about everything
2. I must answer every question you have fully and truthfullywill sit down with you once to answer every question you have about my affair. I will answer fully and truthfully.
3. I must do everything in my power to prove you are who I want to be withI will enter into a program of recovery with you - Marriage Builders. I will create a romantic relationship with that is far better than what we had before my affair.
4. I must prove myself to you
5. I must feel your pain
6. I need to completely understand the devastation I have cause you
7. I must accept total responsibility for my actions
8. I must stop all contact with OM & not try to protect him. I will have No Contact with him for life
9. I must reassure you it's ok to ask any and all questions
10. I must recognize when your struggling or experiencing a trigger and comfort you
11. I must re-enforce to you, that you are NOT responsible
12. I must work on rebuilding the trust I have taken. No secrets, no privacy. will commit to total transparency.
13. I will commit to never spending the night apart again.
14. I will no longer have male friends
15. I will never join another social networking site.
16. I will provide my spouse a daily schedule of all appointments and contact information.
17. Anytime I have the thought, �I don�t want my spouse to know about��.�, I will call my spouse immediately and tell them my thoughts.

Prisca, I see the difference between what I wrote and how you fixed it. I guess I didn't quite "get it", I've copied the "new list" and will go over it with BS to get his thoughts . Thanks.
Have you gone over these with him yet?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes Brain, I did - the day I posted them and Prisca helped me to fix them. He agreed with them, and I believe only modified one of them slightly.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735134 06/11/13 01:03 PM
M
M
I believe that my defensiveness to the posts on not only my thread but my husbands as well as lessened significantly, I read, I respond, I answer the questions.

From what I see, I do believe your defensiveness has gotten better. Probably still present somewhat.

I will point out that, for the most part, in addition to reading, responding, answering questions, you have also been following the suggestions made to you! Certainly hoping this continues.

As far as having "no sense of humility and or regret", I can only say that yes, of COURSE I have regret, deciding to not post that "I feel regret" etc, was what I thought I was supposed to do? One of my EP's was "to put my feelings aside and help you heal with yours", I believe someone posted already that my feelings are just emotion not actions.
And since it was me that caused the potential break-up of my marriage, I thought I was doing the correct thing.

Yes, I think you are doing the right thing. I think the point the other posters were making was for you to be aware of the emotional impact that being sarcastic and disrespectful to your husband has on him when it comes down to something related to extraordinary precautions, like your telephone, or anywhere else where you need to be transparent. Plenty of people are probably appalled by the "phone police" comment.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
mrs_cen #2735135 06/11/13 01:04 PM
B
B
Yes, I am being TOTALY transparent with him, my phone was switched under his plan, so that at any time he has access to any and all incoming/outgoing texts and phone calls. I have ALWAYS let him see the phone, it's not hidden.
He has not given me a list of questions yet, so I e not answered, only the questions he's verbally asked - those I HAVE answered.
My EP's are posted in this thread, a few pages back and I'm continuing to follow and complete them. I need to work on my own AO, he's pointed out a few to me last night.
Have you asked him to please sit down and ask you all his questions he has?

Then once you've answered ALL his questions completely and honestly then you both must never talk about the affair again and follow the steps for recovery.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

mrs_cen #2735136 06/11/13 01:05 PM
B
B
Yes Brain, I did - the day I posted them and Prisca helped me to fix them. He agreed with them, and I believe only modified one of them slightly.
Good job.

Which one was modified?

Was he enthusiastic about them?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

mrs_cen #2735137 06/11/13 01:06 PM
P
P
I believe that my defensiveness to the posts on not only my thread but my husbands as well as lessened significantly
It needs to go away completely.

Would you be willing to do a lie detector test?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2735138 06/11/13 01:07 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Have you ordered Lovebusters and the workbook yet?

Not yet, we normally put it on credit but its maxed, we did figure out though that we can get a Kobo gift card and put it on that so we will do that tonight after work.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735141 06/11/13 01:08 PM
Yes, I am being TOTALY transparent with him

Please exlain how you are doing so. Specifically.

Also, are you studying the POJA, RH (I mean REALLY focusing on these) and UA meeting EN's?

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Yes, I am being TOTALY transparent with him, my phone was switched under his plan, so that at any time he has access to any and all incoming/outgoing texts and phone calls. I have ALWAYS let him see the phone, it's not hidden.
He has not given me a list of questions yet, so I e not answered, only the questions he's verbally asked - those I HAVE answered.
My EP's are posted in this thread, a few pages back and I'm continuing to follow and complete them. I need to work on my own AO, he's pointed out a few to me last night.
Have you asked him to please sit down and ask you all his questions he has?

Then once you've answered ALL his questions completely and honestly then you both must never talk about the affair again and follow the steps for recovery.

I did ask, he said he's not ready yet, that he doesn't have a list yet. I told him I'm ready at any time.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735144 06/11/13 01:09 PM
B
B
Have you ordered Lovebusters and the workbook yet?

Not yet, we normally put it on credit but its maxed, we did figure out though that we can get a Kobo gift card and put it on that so we will do that tonight after work.
It's $9.99 on Amazon.

I know it probably can't wait until this, but if you're a caller on the show they will send you a book for free. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Prisca #2735145 06/11/13 01:09 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I believe that my defensiveness to the posts on not only my thread but my husbands as well as lessened significantly
It needs to go away completely.

Would you be willing to do a lie detector test?

Yes

FWW, 36

M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory

Also, are you studying the POJA, RH (I mean REALLY focusing on these) and UA meeting EN's?

My total transparency is/are:
-No privacy
-Phone plan switched to allow for him to heck with our provider all in/out going calls/texts
-No social media - FB has been blocked
- spyware - he will look into it and has said it will make him feel a bit better
- 24 hour schedule with all contact numbers at all times
- I call when I get to work or am on the way, I call when I leave so he knows when to expect me
- I go no where without him with me now ie. groceries, gym

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735151 06/11/13 01:22 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I posted my EP's - sorry - the ones I listed are how I'm trying to handle the transparency - no good? Or ok?

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735152 06/11/13 01:23 PM
S
S
In the early part of my posting on the board, I was indeed very defensive - I felt for lack of a better word "attacked" - my BS, implored me to join this site, so that we could get help to save our marriage. I stayed with it. I believe that my defensiveness to the posts on not only my thread but my husbands as well as lessened significantly, I read, I respond, I answer the questions. It's certainly not my intent to come across any other way. As far as having "no sense of humility and or regret", I can only say that yes, of COURSE I have regret, deciding to not post that "I feel regret" etc, was what I thought I was supposed to do? One of my EP's was "to put my feelings aside and help you heal with yours", I believe someone posted already that my feelings are just emotion not actions.
And since it was me that caused the potential break-up of my marriage, I thought I was doing the correct thing.
Last night when he called me on it, I expressed to him my regret, I made a conscious decision and promise to him to not do it anymore - I chose to leave my feelings out of the original post. I don't know now what I'm suppose to say when answering questions here - if I respond with my feelings of regret etc it comes across as being "poor WW" but I I don't ten it comes across as "having no humility or regret"

I can't tell from this response if you are really getting it or not.

Regardless of whatever the issue or story is, if you are AT ALL defensive when being questioned or when your BS is trying to examine any aspect of your life (email, phone, whatever) this is going to cause big problems in your R.

So I would not do that anymore (become agitated, defensive, etc), period.

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
So one of the most common clues of an affair is an unwillingness to let a spouse investigate all aspects of life.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2735157 06/11/13 01:28 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I see that Susie, - thank you, I will not be defensive anymore - I just want help to fix my marriage.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2735159 06/11/13 01:31 PM
K
K
There is another future issue in your marriage that should probably be addressed soon. It is one that casues the most stress in marraige.

Finances.

RNR has taken a lesser paying job and you said your credit is maxed. I suggest doing a financial program to help you curb spending, budget, and be happy with less. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey is good. I fear if you don't then the NEW stress of finances, combined with the stress about the affair may be too much.

Me: 34 BH
Her: 31 FWW
DD (6)
DS (3)
D-day 2/2/13

M
M
Originally Posted by klovelistener
It is one that casues the most stress in marraige.

(That's actually in disagreement with what Dr. Harley says.)

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by klovelistener
There is another future issue in your marriage that should probably be addressed soon. It is one that casues the most stress in marraige.

Finances.

RNR has taken a lesser paying job and you said your credit is maxed. I suggest doing a financial program to help you curb spending, budget, and be happy with less. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey is good. I fear if you don't then the NEW stress of finances, combined with the stress about the affair may be too much.

I will put that program on the list of "to gets" as we'll. thank you.

FWW, 36

markos #2735164 06/11/13 01:37 PM
P
P
Worry about finances after you've started recovery and have your marriage on track.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

mrs_cen #2735167 06/11/13 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory

My total transparency is/are:
-No privacy
-Phone plan switched to allow for him to heck with our provider all in/out going calls/texts
-No social media - FB has been blocked
- spyware - he will look into it and has said it will make him feel a bit better
- 24 hour schedule with all contact numbers at all times
- I call when I get to work or am on the way, I call when I leave so he knows when to expect me
- I go no where without him with me now ie. groceries, gym

Not a bad list. Really, it falls back into your H's hands as to if these things make him feel safe or not.

The idea of MB's is for you and your H to build and integrated lifestyle where there is no chance of either of you having a Secret Second Life.

A life in which there are No secrets at all in your M.

Some don't realize that "omission' is also lying. You know..leaving OUT important details of your life.

My FWW lied to my face many, many times...however most of her lying was by Omission where she just hid facts. Actually these were more damaging.

Also there is a distinction between Privacy and Secrecy. Privacy is going to the restroom with the door closed.

What you have done to your H is the worst possible thing you could ever do to someone you love. Dr Harley has counseled people who have experienced both A and losing a child and have said an A is more painful. Your husband should not trust you right now. It is up to YOU to prove to him you will always take his feelings into account with every decision you make and NEVER hurt him again.

Please, I implore you�if you intend to follow through on using MB�s and not hurting him again GO FOR IT..Honestly. IF in your heart you don�t think you can really do it�just tell him. Please. Only you know what is really in your heart of hearts. This is going to be a LONG journey. 2-5 years with many ups and downs.

Just be honest with yourself and with him. Isn�t it about time? Don�t you owe it to him and yourself to do the right thing here? What he is doing for YOU to even consider R is more gracious than you will ever know. Trust me. I am living it.

You should thank him every day for what he is doing. Start becoming an expert at meeting his needs and eliminate ALL LB�s.

You in it for the long-haul? Can you do this?

Page 14 of 33 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation