Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
S
S
LOVE the update, WLE!

Keep up the good work. smile

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

B
B
Please Let us know when they answer you on the show!!

Keep walking the MB walk!!! smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
That was me on today's radio program. I feel like the scarecrow who just spoke to the wizard!

Me 59 newly married after being a widow
Married 1 year
S
S
Originally Posted by wle2
That was me on today's radio program. I feel like the scarecrow who just spoke to the wizard!

That LITERALLY made me laugh out loud!!!
LOL

rotflmao

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I was so nervous. My sister said I sounded like one of the Hillbilly bears.
But I am waiting to hear what DW has to say.

Married 1 year
W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
DW and I listened to the radio program together and she is on board with what the Harley's recommended and said she will send in her own E-Mail to answer what I spoke about and what she feels is still lacking form me to her.
We talked about it some and It does not seem to be as much of an issue with with her addressing this with me as it was with me over coming my conflict avoidance and bringing it up.
The more I conquer and eliminate this tendency in me the better off our marriage will be.
DW has really started to get this MR going full tilt lately and has embraced the concepts now that she sees the result of following the MB plan.
One of the concepts she had trouble seeing the benefit in was the idea of scheduled SF. I came up with an idea to make it more fun. I cut out heart shaped pieces of paper with days of the week on them and every Sunday afternoon when we schedule our UA time for the week we draw out a heart and that is the day we schedule SF. Not the only day but the one that is put in the calendar.
I am not going to say what our day is this week but I am fond of Wednesdays.

Married 1 year
S
S
We talked about it some and It does not seem to be as much of an issue with with her addressing this with me as it was with me over coming my conflict avoidance and bringing it up.
The more I conquer and eliminate this tendency in me the better off our marriage will be.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

I can see the reasons why scheduled SF may seem like a turn off for some women. However, I also find that when it's scheduled in some way, more effort is put in all the way around... AND...scheduled often leads to more unscheduled!

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)

W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Every day I come here and read about all the pain and suffering.
My heart breaks every time a new name pops up on SSA.

It heals when one hits R.

What brings me here every day is hope.MB and all you that keep watch over so many hurting lives seeking guidance.

Some of you Vets my never know how many lives you have actually touched.

Thank You for giving of your time to hurting souls.

Married 1 year
B
B
Originally Posted by wle2
DW and I listened to the radio program together and she is on board with what the Harley's recommended and said she will send in her own E-Mail to answer what I spoke about and what she feels is still lacking form me to her.

Let us know when they answer her question.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks Brainy!
Was waiting for it to hit the archives. DW and I have talked about this and she is determined to work with me so we can overcome this together.

Married 1 year
E
E
wle2, I listened to the first 2 segments so far and I think you sounded very confident and able to answer their questions clearly. I'm sure your sister just said that because...well, because she is a sister! wink

Glad that you have a partner willing to help you heal.

W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
wle2, I listened to the first 2 segments so far and I think you sounded very confident and able to answer their questions clearly. I'm sure your sister just said that because...well, because she is a sister! wink

Glad that you have a partner willing to help you heal.
Thanks RQ
I am really pleased with how much DW has worked on our MR. We are doing so well in every thing else that I am almost willing to let it slide and settle for a really good marriage but we both decided to keep working for that great MB marriage.

I can't seem to get this last hang up banished just yet but DW said she will work on it even more with me.
The one thing that we don't let slip anymore is UA. Still averaging 20+ hours a week.

But we ARE empty nesters!

Married 1 year
W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Can you believe Le Ann Rimes Boo-hoo'n about how she felt after she had her A!

Cheese and crackers woman how do you think his wife felt!

Give me a break!! puke

OK, I feel better.

Married 1 year
B
B
I love following your MB recovery. I'm sure you will get past this last hang up.

Good job on UA time.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I love following your MB recovery. I'm sure you will get past this last hang up.

Good job on UA time.
Thanks for the encouragement!
We spend so much time together that people are starting to think we're in love!

My DW and I took a class at our church on marriage and at the end of each class we have a discussion. Since we are in MR we always have input to add to the discussion.

Ever learning to be the expert at meeting DW EN for affection I always hold her hand, every where.

Had a woman in the class turn to us and asked are you two newly wed's? I of course said yes. She got the "That explains it." look and asked how long? When I told her thirty one years she didn't know how to respond.

DW tells every one about MB. I can't tell you how good it feels hearing DW explain to someone why she is so in love with me.

Still have issues but we are working on them together with O&H.

DW responded to the radio program and she told me she was going to have fun learning to meet my EN for SF and that she will give me lots of home work so that I can learn to meet her's laugh

Married 1 year
W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
DW and I have been discussing what it is she is missing from me and she is drawing a blank. She stated to me that in the mean time she wants to work on what she needs to be doing at the same time.

I am hoping that when the Harley's get to her E-Mail response we can get some direction.

About the only thing that seems to help me is for her to stay connected to me as Dr. Harley rightly suggested.

One by one we have removed the barriers to that exceptional MB M we are seeking. I have read on other threads where MR is the hardest thing they have ever done. I completely concur!

Every day out from D-Day that we are together is a victory!

DW took tomorrow off and the two of us are going trout fishing and having a picnic on the river. I have discovered thanks to MB that having your DW as your RC pays huge dividends on LB$.

What I have learned is "IT AIN"T ABOUT FISHI'N!!"

Married 1 year
W
wle2 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
RQ
I also noticed that there hasn't been a lot going on. I hope that is because every body is spending so much UA time with their spouse they don't have the time.

So I thought I would give an update. My DW answered Dr. Harley's E-Mail but with a vague answer. Basically she told him that she can't think of anything that she is missing from me.

She and I have talked about what I was needing from her. I asked if she needed to write another E-Mail and she didn't seem to keen on the idea so I let it go.

Dw got it! She has really picked up her effort in SF and she is the one who wants to schedule it.I am getting text and phone calls letting me know how much she is looking forward to the day or night.
We are still between 16 to 20 hours UA and are looking for more RC we can both enjoy.

Dw started reading FIL SIL and we are still working in the 5 steps work book.

We had another milestone this past week and it pasted without me even noticing until the next day. It has been 2 years since they were last together. I call that a milestone because I never thought that date would slip my mind.

DW has done so much to make the present so good that the past doesn't linger in my mind as it once did. There is no way we could be where we are if DW had not embraced MB. It took her a while but the LB$ built up until she fell in love with me again and we are off to a great M.

I listen to the radio program and read here everyday ever wanting to improve on what we have. I love reading the responses and value the incites (NG yours too!)

I have found that I still have to be diligent not to slip into old bad habits but that's why I come here so often.

The bottom line is we now are starting to have the M we always wanted and know how to maintain it.

Married 1 year
E
E
Awesome update, wle2! So happy for you!

It makes a big difference in recovery when both spouses are involved so I am glad your wife is enthusiastically involved smile

Kiss and I are doing pretty well lately and I am hopeful that we will be where you guys are at someday

B
B
Love your update wle, enjoy. hurray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 683 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation