Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
OP Offline
A
remember too, this is a comment on a post that ww posted to my wall. Do I want her and probably 500 other people to read this?

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Ps 46:1

Me-38
WW-33
Sons-6,9,12
D-7
DDay-sometime in early 2011 (I have a horrible memory)
MB stage- Modified plan A (per Dr Harley)
A
OP Offline
A
I'm not arguing the changes, though, because I like them

Me-38
WW-33
Sons-6,9,12
D-7
A
OP Offline
A
also, my response is based on the fact that people are saying I was wrong for exposure to begin with. Could I just say, "If you are wondering why I have posted these things as I have then these scriptures may help you to understand..."

Me-38
WW-33
Sons-6,9,12
D-7
A
OP Offline
A
How about this:

Dear friends and family, I love my wife and my family very much. Her affair with *** has hurt me and the children terribly. I want my family to be whole again and I know that starts with me. I have made many mistakes and am willing to make changes. I want my children to have a full time mother and a full time father. I want more than anything to have the chance to make my wife happy.

But that cannot happen until she ends her affair with ***.

I am asking those of you who care about my wife and my children, please use your influence to persuade her to end her hurtful affair and work on our marriage. Our marriage can be salvaged if she would only end the affair. Please support her in doing the right thing. Please support our marriage. Please support our children.

Please pray for us all

This is the last public post I will make on this matter. If you have comments or questions concerning these posts or our situation, Please contact me via private message.

Me-38
WW-33
Sons-6,9,12
D-7
M
M
Originally Posted by agapelover
remember too, this is a comment on a post that ww posted to my wall. Do I want her and probably 500 other people to read this?

Absolutely!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
How about this:

Dear friends and family, I love my wife and my family very much. Her affair with *** has hurt me and the children terribly. I want my family to be whole again and I know that starts with me. I have made many mistakes and am willing to make changes. I want my children to have a full time mother and a full time father. I want more than anything to have the chance to make my wife happy.

But that cannot happen until she ends her affair with ***.

I am asking those of you who care about my wife and my children, please use your influence to persuade her to end her hurtful affair and work on our marriage. Our marriage can be salvaged if she would only end the affair. Please support her in doing the right thing. Please support our marriage. Please support our children.

Please pray for us all

This is the last public post I will make on this matter. If you have comments or questions concerning these posts or our situation, Please contact me via private message.

Perfect! But be sure and put the OM's full name in there so she can't bring him around others. They need to know who he is too.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
done

Me-38
WW-33
Sons-6,9,12
D-7
M
M
done

Good man!! hug

Exposure 101

M
M
AL, I know this was very hard on you, but I want to assure you that you did the right thing for your whole family, especially your wife.

It feels like you are hurting your wife, but you are actually helping her. For example, getting arrested is therapeutic for an alcoholic. It may save their life and the lives of potential victims. But it is hard to sit by and watch a loved one get arrested.

You have done a good thing and God will bless your actions.

I want to also applaud you for telling your children. My father was a serial cheater and my mother remained mum about his affairs. Her silence conveyed ENDORSEMENT. She didn't want to seem "judgmental." That gave my father the freedom to corrupt my morals. He was perfectly free to teach me that wrong was right and introduced me to his affair partners. This left me profoundly morally confused. crazy

When I was introduced to my father's mistress when I was 4 years old, this seemed very wrong to me. But since no adult would validate my instincts about right and wrong, I concluded I was a stupid girl and learned to doubt my instincts about right and wrong. I had to grow up and learn right from wrong all on my own because a) I was exposed to corruption and b) I received no moral guidance from my parents.

So you did the right thing in telling your children and giving them moral guidance. This will restore their instincts about right and wrong.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
It feels like you are hurting your wife, but you are actually helping her.

Yes. I commend your courage, Agape. You ARE doing the right thing, hard as it is.

L
L
agapelover, I've been keeping up with your thread and listened to your segment on the radio. I admire your strength and resolve. Keep listening to the veterans here and of course Dr. Harley...

You have a tough road ahead as you're well aware, you are in a similar predicament as John was in SA with John and Sue. It's hard enough with a ww spouse that is not in the least remorseful add to that you're dealing with an LTA (long term affair)...

Like John and Sue though, it's not impossible! In the future if your wife does come back remember what Dr. Harley said about her having already made up her mind about you and having come to certain conclusions about you; she may think you're manipulative when you're not, controlling when you're not etc. that's a tough situation to deal with...

You have my prayers brother...

M
M
Agape,

I have been out of commission the last few days and am only now catching up on several threads. I did not get to hear your whole show but am hoping to catch it when it becomes available in the archives.

I am very encouraged to hear that you exposed the affair! That took a lot of courage and often makes a huge difference! If nothing else, it should help you find some support. Hoping for an update; it appears you haven't posted in a few days. It is typical for the wayward to be INSANELY MAD for a few days and to do everything possible to try to shift all the blame to you. I would agree with the idea about not posting scriptures back to her as trying to educate your wife would be disrespectful. (Though we can trade them with you here all you want!)

GOOD JOB. Praying for you and hoping that this opens up a window of opportunity for God to bless you and your family.

I can offer this comment:

The reason I have been strong so far is that God has been so intimately involved in my struggle to this point. I've said it in my email to Dr Harley and in the forum that I have wondered why God had not led me to MB earlier. Perhaps I wouldn't have listened anyway.

We made a similar comment to Steve Harley in 2010 when we met him and his father Dr. Harley personally at the Marriage Builders weekend seminar. Steve encouraged us not to second guess our past decisions.

I would say in my case, I still wasn't listening to all that Marriage Builders had to offer at that point, anyway! Thanks be to God I eventually listened. (And my wife did as well. And she got tough with me, but that's another story.)

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
OP Offline
A
UPDATE: It is very rough in my world right now. She seemed to calm down and even said, "I forgive you". She then wanted me to say that what I did was not God's will. She said that until I say it's not Gods will then she cannot even consider being my friend. I was drawn into an argument tonight about her affair. She still says it is Gods will for her to be with the OM and everyone who emailed or called her who said otherwise were being judgmental and didn't know her situation and didn't know enough about me to understand the pain I have caused her. I went so far as to tell her that I understand if it's difficult to end the affair, but that I would at least feel better if she at least acknowledged that God wouldn't advocate being with OM. she still says it is God's will and that just takes ALL the wind out of my sails. I'm very discouraged right now.

Me-38
WW-33
Sons-6,9,12
D-7
M
M
UPDATE: It is very rough in my world right now. She seemed to calm down and even said, "I forgive you". She then wanted me to say that what I did was not God's will. She said that until I say it's not Gods will then she cannot even consider being my friend. I was drawn into an argument tonight about her affair. She still says it is Gods will for her to be with the OM and everyone who emailed or called her who said otherwise were being judgmental and didn't know her situation and didn't know enough about me to understand the pain I have caused her. I went so far as to tell her that I understand if it's difficult to end the affair, but that I would at least feel better if she at least acknowledged that God wouldn't advocate being with OM. she still says it is God's will and that just takes ALL the wind out of my sails. I'm very discouraged right now.
This is all fogbabble. It means nothing. She forgives YOU?? For trying to save your marriage?? rotflmao

She doesn't have a 'situation' - she's just having a tawdry affair. It's not impressive or different in any way.

If she insists upon using that old saw that it's "God's will" let her know that the Devil behaves in seductive ways. God's will was that the two of you were to marry for eternity. And you got married. "God's will" was carried out the day you exchanged vows. What happened to that? Is she insinuating that God changes His mind at her whim?

I don't think so.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Of all the countless ways that we humans can find to sin against our Lord, infidelity was one of the ten that He chose to call out directly. How can it be God's will? The mind boggles...

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Yea, seems God cut to the chase on adultery. It made HIS top 10 and it was carved in stone...don't stoop to arguing with her and give her the opportunity to start shifting blame and making excuses...God has the say on that one.

L
L
"she still says it is God's will and that just takes ALL the wind out of my sails. I'm very discouraged right now."

It's easy to become discouraged especially in your situation. Her words are fogbabble and discouraging to hear no doubt but God's words are the words that put the wind in your sail; it has to be so or you couldn't have made it this long. You know this is true...You have said yourself that God sent you to this site and you're not sure why yet.

Listen to the good advice with the discernment God has given you...
You are in my prayers. Hosea?

M
M
She still says it is Gods will for her to be with the OM and everyone who emailed or called her who said otherwise were being judgmental and didn't know her situation and didn't know enough about me to understand the pain I have caused her.

Agape, you've GOT to put this one in the Craziest Things To Come Out of a Wayward's Piehole thread -->

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2689509&page=1

D
D
Agape I heard your radio show you seem like an intelligent individual. I'm also a fixer as well. Truth is your wife is high and her fogbabble isn't worth being hurt over. You handled it well my WW said the same thing and she never met your wife. Dr. Harley says that people will change their values to match their values. When their values should reflect their behavior. Oh please add that to the thread as suggested. You have a copy SAA it says it in there as well. That people fool themselves in thinking the OP is a gift from God. Simply not true, stay strong your in my prayers.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation