Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
H
Originally Posted by FightingFit
Just got an email from her solicitor starting divorce proceeding !! Panicking now! Help guys

Drag it out as long as humanly possible. Counter on grounds of adultery, and threaten to have her AP testify in open court under oath. Offer nothing financially. Pretty much; paint as ugly of a picture as you can of both divorce proceedings and life after divorce.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
I
I
Do you have proof of adultery with with to file?

Waywards, particularly women, often daydream about what 'choice' they will make and whether they will choose to D, even though they have no real grounds for one!

It tends to bring them up short when they are being divorced as an adulterer. That does not fit in with the 'star of the romantic novel' daydream. Not exactly 'torn between two lovers' but a cheat, plain and simple.

Filing also makes you the petitioner, and the petitioner tends to have more control over the length of the D process than the respondent.

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/18/13 02:32 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

F
OP Offline
F
Eday has caused a huge impact - maybe a little too good!!

Only problem is that the ILs are furious! WW parents are separated and remarried and both sets of parents are in total rage!

WW came over last night with her mum and step-dad, as soon as we got a moment to ourselves the mum and WW started screaming at me about packing my bags, just started to fold my clothes that were only drier and accused me of trying to destroy my WW life! She just kept on going on about leaving the house and do the right thing! Accused me of trying to get WW sacked from her job ... Never seen any of them like that, little worries I totally damaged any relationship with them in the future...

Had my trusty recorder so covered myself there , phoned my sister to come over as claim of DV just kept coming, walked out and phoned the police to make them aware of the situation, they actually seemed on side! They ended coming over this morning and took a statement, they seemed quite sympathetic..

Anyway, the whole IL demanding I leave went on for 10 hours until the early hours. I kept the James Bond face and offered a cuppa and biscuit, as well as some pillows and jumper later in the night!!

There not much chance of the WW staying at home anymore, not sure if I just move into plan b?

Also, apart of me thinks that any chance of R is dead, which is a bit of a relief in a way as I'm coming out limbo, but my relationship with WW and IL might be damaged permanently, which is something that would be devastating..

R
R
Find out with an attorney how to ensure the kids stay home with you (other than visitation with mom) if WW moves out.

Do not panic.

Be kind but firm.

Do not engage in defending your actions to expose. WW is going to be defending her actions of adultery (even to her seemingly supportive parents).

Focus on the children mostly. This is a rough ride for them.

G
G
FF,

Only problem is that the ILs are furious! WW parents are separated and remarried and both sets of parents are in total rage!

Tell them they should be ashamed of themselves for setting a horrible example for their daughter and that their response is just their guilt coming to the surface.

Also they should be glad the moslems haven't taken over England yet or they would have already been stoned.

God Bless
Gamma

I
I

WW came over last night with her mum and step-dad, as soon as we got a moment to ourselves the mum and WW started screaming at me about packing my bags, just started to fold my clothes that were only drier and accused me of trying to destroy my WW life! She just kept on going on about leaving the house and do the right thing! Accused me of trying to get WW sacked from her job ... Never seen any of them like that, little worries I totally damaged any relationship with them in the future...

Had my trusty recorder so covered myself there , phoned my sister to come over as claim of DV just kept coming, walked out and phoned the police to make them aware of the situation, they actually seemed on side! They ended coming over this morning and took a statement, they seemed quite sympathetic..

Anyway, the whole IL demanding I leave went on for 10 hours until the early hours. I kept the James Bond face and offered a cuppa and biscuit, as well as some pillows and jumper later in the night!!

There not much chance of the WW staying at home anymore, not sure if I just move into plan b?

Also, apart of me thinks that any chance of R is dead, which is a bit of a relief in a way as I'm coming out limbo, but my relationship with WW and IL might be damaged permanently, which is something that would be devastating..

The board is packed with people who had unsupportive inlaws. They are Plan B'd too. Very often the WS spends some time away, ends up with a completely destroyed life, realises the A is a fantasy, the AP is a loser and wants to get back with the BS. When this happens the unsupportive inlaw fondly imagines they can go back to being friends with the BS too. Not so.

What is usually advised is that the remorseful WS cuts their dangerous family members out. As people who have proved they will support future affairs, they are very dangerous to recovery. I have seen remorseful spouses (who were just as angry as yours is now at first) come round and bar all contact with their parents until they agree to apologise to their BS properly.

Is mum a wayward herself? Sounds very much like one. Very often young people learn how to lie to their spouse having watched their parents do it.

She may never want to be an honest good person in an affair-proofed marriage. Brace yourself for that possibility - that the M may die. But you are giving her a chance to do better by her family and fighting as much as you can.

I dont see that R is necessarily dead. Many people who have behaved like her after exposure end up remorseful later. Some dont of course.

You can still Plan A from afar. You may even find it easier to swoop by to meet needs for short periods and then retire seamlessly from her rage.

Make sure you get legal advice and complete exposure ASAP. The BW and OM's family in particular is a priority. I have a feeling WW's plans to marry her soulmate shmoopie will all come to naught once the other side discovers the truth.

I
I
I kept the James Bond face and offered a cuppa and biscuit, as well as some pillows and jumper later in the night!!

Good work!

How about some romantic gestures in the mix too? Flowers, notes, 'remember when' messages, gifts?

Send flowers to her workplace! That should create an interesting discussion for them. Teehee

I
I
Accused me of trying to get WW sacked from her job ...

So workplace exposure has caused the desired effect! Thats FANTASTIC news. laugh.

If WW wanted to keep her job she shouldn't bed down with coworkers should she? Silly people.

T
T
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Accused me of trying to get WW sacked from her job ...

So workplace exposure has caused the desired effect! Thats FANTASTIC news. laugh.

If WW wanted to keep her job she shouldn't bed down with coworkers should she? Silly people.

Work place exposure was done sloppy. Director of HR is at the bottom of the food chain. Exposure must be done to the CEO, Board of Directors as well. The Head of HR can just try to rug sweep things.

If this a law firm all of the partners need to be exposed as well.

Find a copy of britbracs corporate exposure letter and use that. Asking what they Co. is going to do about the affair.

Last edited by TheRoad; 07/20/13 02:01 PM.
I
I

Sorry for what you are going through. Just wanted to say to you good job and don't doubt your exposure.

Make sure you do not talk to your wife without a recorder. Never and I mean NEVER talk to her without one. It may save your life and she cannot be trusted. Nothing like abuse charges coming out against you. My brother was saved by a recorder without one who knows what would have happened.

He recorded all conversations with her and his young daughter. She had my brother removed from His house and he was accused of sexually abusing his daughter. The police came and removed him from his home.

He eventually got custody of his daughter but it was a long fight.

It is ironic that your IL come over with your WW and try to get you to leave your home. Just tell them that the spouse that is cheating and having sex with another man should leave the house. Don't let them bully you.

I would not even bother trying to get back with a woman that acts like this but if you want to then keep up the fight. A person who treats you like this is not worth having anyway.

Protect yourself and your family. She should no longer be your primary concern. You are the prize and she would be darn lucky to have you. Stand your ground. Best of luck my friend. Your in a club that nobody wants to be in.

N
N
Any update FF?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation