Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
So agree. It is so much easier to believe propaganda than think independently. Very much along the lines of politically correct "nutrition." So much easier to believe cultural nonsense, one demonized egg at a time, than take the time to do some research. think
Eggs fell victim to the inability of doctors to distinguish between serum cholesterol and dietary cholesterol. If the two were the same, then one would expect by extension that insulin could be taken orally instead of injected. In the 1920's, that was exactly what they tried to do.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
M
M
Originally Posted by mrEureka
So agree. It is so much easier to believe propaganda than think independently. Very much along the lines of politically correct "nutrition." So much easier to believe cultural nonsense, one demonized egg at a time, than take the time to do some research. think
Eggs fell victim to the inability of doctors to distinguish between serum cholesterol and dietary cholesterol. If the two were the same, then one would expect by extension that insulin could be taken orally instead of injected. In the 1920's, that was exactly what they tried to do.

I guess we should be grateful they didn't apply the same principle to breast milk for the sake of babies. crazy you know, all those babies that are dropping dead from drinking cholesterol?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Would it be okay to buy a motorcycle and blame it on a mid life crisis and be exempt from POJA?

Negotiation, dude!

"Sweetie, I feel my MLC blossoming! Shall I satisfy it with ex-cheerleader Carley [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com], or a supercharged Harley [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] ?"

E
E
I'm in denial, I'm now counting my years in hexadecimal, which puts me in my 30's.

W
W
I believe middle age will always be about five years older than whatever age I currently am.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
K
OP Offline
K
I guess we should be grateful they didn't apply the same principle to breast milk for the sake of babies. crazy you know, all those babies that are dropping dead from drinking cholesterol?

Mmmmm...cholesterol. I think I'll make bacon.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Would it be okay to buy a motorcycle and blame it on a mid life crisis and be exempt from POJA?

Negotiation, dude!

"Sweetie, I feel my MLC blossoming! Shall I satisfy it with ex-cheerleader Carley [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com], or a supercharged Harley [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] ?"

Perfect! How could this not go over smoothly?!

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

N
N
Perfect! How could this not go over smoothly?!

If SHE decides she wants "Carley"!
lashes lashes

M
M
I read from somewhere that around their 40s, people feel most unhappy, because they must deal with unruly teenagers and aging parents at the same time.

I am 39, and maybe I have a year to turn this around, but in reality I have it exactly vice versa - unruly parents and aging teenagers. No one has ever written anything about that cry I feel deceived.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

L
L
Originally Posted by Mrs_Recon6mo
I am 39, and maybe I have a year to turn this around, but in reality I have it exactly vice versa - unruly parents and aging teenagers. No one has ever written anything about that cry I feel deceived.

Pack up the aging teenagers and send them to stay with the unruly parents. That will wipe the smiles off their faces.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
M
M
It's the unruly parents who would need disciplining not aging teens who are angels comparing to misbehaving parents.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

L
L
Of course

Another Unruly Parent

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
M
M
You know on those bell curves how the middle is the peak? I think middle aged means we are at our peak. I am middle aged now so I am at my peak.

When I am sixty I will change the peak smile

C
C
I just heard on NPR that demographers say the baby has already been born who will live to 200 years of age.

Our lifespan is increasing; the middle age bracket is moving up, too.

Last edited by catwhit; 09/12/13 11:53 AM. Reason: Addition

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
K
K
Why would anyone want to live to 200, anyway...?

I guess I ask this for the same reason I ask why anyone would want to be immortal.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
Another Unruly Parent

Thursday night Bride and I were discussing my ongoing "coolness" toward AAPMC, when she joshed that AAPMC (daughter, health professional, living in hometown) would likely, if it comes to that, "be the one who selects the nursing home!"

I haven't slept since!

K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Why would anyone want to live to 200, anyway...?

I guess I ask this for the same reason I ask why anyone would want to be immortal.

So you can run around with a sword, chopping off heads, and absorbing the quickening.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

P
P
Warning: tongue in cheek, I'm not REALLY this cynical, I've just temporarily lost my mind. Lol

200?!?! Ugh! No way! I don't even want to live to 100, not the way our bodies these days are progressing, or rather regressing, with all the preservatives we have eaten in our life time. My 9 year old granddaughter already looks like she's 12 and I'd be willing to bet it has everything to do with the food she eats. I had to take her bra shopping the other day. Nine!

Sorry for the OT ramble. Back on topic, to me, middle age is when you finally get some "sense" about life and have figured out who you really are and aren't ashamed to say so, or to stand for what you believe. My problem, with the chaos that my husband's death brought, I'm mentally and emotionally back to that 18 year old girl stuck in this 50+ body.

I'm really pissed too. There are things happening that NO ONE ever warned me about, like it's this BIG secret kept by the aged, and they get all kinds of fits and giggles watching it happen to us unsuspecting middle-agers. Kind of like when we were younger and told, "Oh! You really SHOULD have kids," by the secret mommy's society.

Since I'm single now (I really hate that word!) some single girlfriends have asked if I want to get together for drinks, etc. I have no problem with that providing its a place where I wouldnt be surrounded by people my children's age, intelligent conversation is available, and a sound level less than ear-splitting.

I heard of one woman in this little group, who is still married by the way, who seeks out men on the Internet for a little romp in the hay fairly often because she claims she lives in a SSM. She's got this whole second secret life. That's disgusting at any age, but especially for a woman of her age. Shoot me if I ever get that desperate/pathetic.

Sometimes I think of reinventing myself, heck I've already lost 30+ grief pounds and I'm back to pre--marriage size. But knowing what I know now,do I really want the drama and nerves it takes to put myself out there again? Another tiny problem, is that I still love my husband very much, even though he's gone. And what about death? If I were to remarry, one of us would have to go first. I don't want to EVER live that out again. I think I have PTSD as it is.

Middle aged single women get the shaft IMO. Oh there's plenty of men/women out there who tell me age is just a number. Who are they kidding? Guess I should start a topic in the dating thread, specifically for women over 50.

I know,I know, off topic again. That's what happens when you reach middle age. Or so I'm told. Lol!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
A
I'm 30 and feel old due to two little kids running me ragged. I can't wait to grow up and sleep through the night, then I will be like my 60 year old neighbour who runs 10k every morning!

A
A
What is middle aged?

Mum, Dad on some date time, soft low music, so they an actually talk to each other, over a meal

at home

as its too noisy in the city,

apparently

now THATS middle aged rotflmao

grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation