Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 44 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 43 44
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I have a pretty good BS-meter and I don't believe for a minute that 15years is guilty of anything more than taking a risk with her EPs. I think she underestimated the risk and is kicking herself today. I believe she is genuinely surprised by the outcome. She GETS it now and I think we should support her instead of doubting her word. I don't doubt her one bit.

Totally agree. Except I would add the other point I made earlier not only EP's but O&H.

Really pulling for you and your H fifteen years!

I know you are going to make it.

F
OP Offline
F
My mind is spinning and I am not sure what do say and where to begin. Almost a year ago today(9/13) Mr. XVY decided to give our marriage another try. This past year, I have felt that things were going good.

I was excited for next Friday to celebrate our one year of a new beginning. Today however Mr. XVY sat me down and told me that he still can't get over what happened and that he has not be happy for awhile and has been trying to mask it. He ran into OM this past Tuesday and has been very distant since then. I tried to talk to him about it and he just shut down and would not talk about it until today when he told me that he was done with us.

I truly had no idea! Once again he truly caught me by surprise. He keeps his feelings so bottled up that it is really hard to ever truly know how he is feeling. I am in such shock and a million different emotions are running through my mind.

A part of me feels like he does this to hurt me. That because he is still so hurt that this is one way he knows he can truly "get me back" for what I did. Another part of me is angry because when he agreed to get back together "for real" last year he agreed to be open and honest with me about everything. To me that included telling me how he was feeling instead of bottling it up until he explodes and then want to run away.

I am truly exhausted! I have done everything on my side to make our marriage the best it can be. I guess looking back now, I am realizing that for the past couple of months Mr. XVY has not seemed quite as committed. The part of me that really wanted this marriage to work was willing to look over those little things so we could hold onto our marriage.

I am just not sure where to go or what to do? Do I keep fighting? Is it a lost cause if he has given up? I just feel like he is choosing to be miserable and that with or without me he will be miserable. I know these are selfish thoughts but I just don't feel in my heart that his walking away from us is going to make the pain any easier.

Again, I know these are selfish thoughts and that if he really wants to leave, I need to let him go. I just did not see this coming and am so shocked by it. Not really sure what to do. I keep thinking of Mike Still Smiling and his situation. I have not read his post in awhile but the last one I read he was contemplating leaving for the same reasons that Mr. XVY is.

I remember his post really bothered me. Maybe subconsciously I knew that Mr. was in the same place. Any advice, prayers, thoughts are more than welcome. Thanks for listening!!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
S
S
fifteen, I am so sorry to hear this news.

I had a suspicion that there there was a revenge affair by your H. I don"t have the time to re-read your whole thread right now, but I did find this, and this is where you should start. He did not change out of the blue two months ago. He changed because he has been in contact with other women, as he had been here, back in December 2012:

Originally Posted by fifteenyears
The title of my forum fits perfectly with my situation because once again I am asking, What to do? The roller coaster has taken a massive dip down and I as the WS don't know exactly what to do.

Something that I do not believe that I have mentioned yet on this blog is that the night my husband decided that he could not deal with the pain anymore and was leaving (1/2/12) he confessed to me that he had been chatting with another girl. He said he met her when he was out one night and that they had been texting and talking.

He mentioned that she was divorced because her husband cheated on her (something in common) and that she knew he was married and nothing had happened yet. That they had just been talking and texting a lot.

This really hurt, but being the WW, I knew that I could not get angry and that I really didn't have much of a leg to stand on at this point. I tried to push it out of my mind and just told him that if he was going to seek out this relationship, that I would like to know.

I did bring it up only a couple other times but never in an accusatory way. When he asked for the divorce, I did ask if it was because of someone else and he said no. I know I had no right to do this but I said it before I could really think about it.

This morning while paying my phone bill, my curiosity got the best of me and I started looking through my husbands phone bill. What I have found out by the phone records are that he has been having a number of lengthy conversations with another female on both her home and cell phone. They started on 12/18 while we both were still living together in the house. The last call from either number is on 1/5/12.

So, this is where I am, as of this moment. I feel like this is a well deserved stab in my heart. I'm really not sure what to do or say about this. I know that I do not have the right to confront my husband and I am the one who caused all of this pain for both of us.

I don't know anything more than the phone calls and don't really know if I want to know anymore or even deserve to know anymore. I guess my question is What do I do now?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Some would say that your H was right not to ever have been on board after your most recent, second affair. I believe some people did say that to you at the start of this thread. It would certainly be a trauma of insurmountable proportions if I ever discovered a subsequent affair by my H.

However, an affair is always wrong, and he does not have the right to lie to you all this time. You need to know what you have been dealing with, and my suspicion is an affair on his part. There is a good chance that the woman at the centre of the post from December never went away and has grown in importance.

If there is any chance that your H reads this thread and will be tipped off by my posts, please ask the moderators to remove them.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
So sorry 15years.

What snooping have you done? Have you ruled out an OW?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
I am not going to lie and say that the thought of another did not cross my mind. I however have kept a close eye on him for the past year. We have spend a lot of UA time together and their has not been an opportunity for him to have another affair.

I think that seeing the OM triggered something in him. This however is the fourth time that he has talked about walking away. Every time it catches me off guard and crushes me, not to mention our children.

As I said before, I am exhausted and maybe he is exhausted as well. I don't want to give up on us but I can't control how he feels especially when he does not tell me how he feels.

I can't keep walking on eggshells wondering if and when he is going to decide to leave again. My gut just tells me that his leaving is not going to ease the pain. Again, the most gut wrenching part of it is that since last September, I thought things were going well.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
R
R
Even if you think there is no opportunity for an affair, people can fit one in at the most clever times.

Keep that in mind.

B
B
Does he read here? Can you safely post?

What spyware do you have in place? You're with him 24/7?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
Okay MB people, please don't judge me for what I write below. My LBs are at an all time high right now and I have to vent here verses to MR. XVY. So here goes...

I am just so angry right now. Why? Because a year ago when Mr. XVY committed to making us work, he committed to being open and honest. He committed to respecting our marriage. He committed to making it work for better or worse. Looking back at the past year, he has not stuck to his end of the commitment, especially in the open and honest area.

It is frustrating to me that he says he has been miserable since the spring yet I had no clue! I am angry with him for trying to run away again instead of dealing with his emotions. Again, I know this is a selfish thought but I think he does this to hurt me. To remind me that I am the cause of his misery.

Is is wrong for me to allow him to leave without a fight and tell him that if he walks away again I can't allow him to come back? Oh the layers and layers of disaster an affair causes. Believe me I know that the root of this is my fault. I can and will never forget that.

But this has become a game of pain for both Mr. XVY and myself. He holds onto his misery, caused by me. He hides his pain, makes me think that everything is alright then once it builds he walks away leaving me and our kids crushed. Then he slowly walks back and tries it again.

This time however I thought it was the real deal and I just don't think that I can go through this again, we can go through this again.

Is it time to let him go?

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Did you see these?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
I was excited for next Friday to celebrate our one year of a new beginning. Today however Mr. XVY sat me down and told me that he still can't get over what happened and that he has not be happy for awhile and has been trying to mask it. He ran into OM this past Tuesday and has been very distant since then. I tried to talk to him about it and he just shut down and would not talk about it until today when he told me that he was done with us.

fifteenyears, I think the problem is that he is surrounded by triggers. Running into the OM is a disaster for him that brings everything back to Day 1. He went back to DAY 1 on Tuesday.

What would happen if you removed these triggers by moving away?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

I think so, he has not gotten on MB in quite some time...maybe that is the problem. If I do go into any further investigating I will not mention it on here...just in case.

Well, he works with all males. I have his work schedule and he comes home right after work. I check his phone frequently although I know that he can easily erase and text and or phone calls that are suspicious (because that is what I used to do). I also check his phone records on our cell phone account. He has a computer at home but rarely uses but he does have a computer at work.

No we are not together 24/7 but enough to know where we are at all times. The few times that he has gone out with his buddies, I have been his DD and have come to pick him up. In addition, he has done more than enough to prove to me who he was with. We have however been spending most of our time together. I did just recently go back to teaching and we have not gotten to see each other as much.

I don't want to sound naive because I know how frustrated I get when someone is on here and they say that there is no way that their spouse is having an affair, but I really don't think that is the case. I have not (until today) had a suspicion or uneasy feeling about him. Of course that is what he said about me when he found out about my A.

I will not completely rule it out but I really think it has more to do with the fact that he ran into OM. I really associate him with Mikestillsmilling in the fact that he just can't let go of the pain and therefore he must let go of me. Does this ease the pain though? That is where I am so confused.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
M
M
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley in Coping with Infidelity: Part 4
Overcoming Resentment
Recovery may not be complete

Resentment usually appears when an experience of the present reminds us of a painful experience of the past. For example, if a wife had been abandoned by her husband after a fight on a vacation, left to find her way home alone from Jamaica, the resentment of that experience would pop up whenever her husband walks out the door during an argument. Very often, continuing resentment means that whatever it was that caused the painful experience is still lurking in the background. And it jumps out every once in a while when evidence of it's existence surfaces.

The procedure for recovery that I suggest usually eliminates the root causes of infidelity, and that makes it unlikely that present experiences will remind a spouse of experiences associated with an affair. If the only time you feel resentment about a spouse's past affair is when your needs have not been met, when your spouse is engaged in a Love Buster, or when the Policy of Joint Agreement or Policy of Radical Honesty has not been followed, then it's the completion of recovery that's your problem, not resentment.
here

This happened to me for a few YEARS after D-Day because we used to travel to the place I was at when I first discovered the affair. Everytime we went there, I was triggered and felt like I wanted a divorce. Keep in mind, the OW lived 1000 miles away and had never set foot in my state, so I can't even imagine living in the same community with her.

Amazingly, when we moved 300 miles away our marriage went through a dramatic improvement. When we moved out of the house I lived in when I discovered the affair, a black cloud disappeared from our marriage. The affair has never come up since we moved.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I am ready to move and walk away at any time. In fact, we actually talked about it. I would me more than willing to drop everything here and move away with him. In a heartbeat, and he knows this. He is actually the one dragging his feet. If he came home tonight and said the only way our marriage is going to survive is if we moved away, I would start packing the bags!

fifteenyears, I think the problem is that he is surrounded by triggers. Running into the OM is a disaster for him that brings everything back to Day 1. He went back to DAY 1 on Tuesday.

What would happen if you removed these triggers by moving away?

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
M
M
[
I am ready to move and walk away at any time. In fact, we actually talked about it. I would me more than willing to drop everything here and move away with him. In a heartbeat, and he knows this. He is actually the one dragging his feet. If he came home tonight and said the only way our marriage is going to survive is if we moved away, I would start packing the bags!

That is what I would work toward, trying to get him moved out of that community. And if he refuses, then YOU move away and hope he follows you eventually. You have nothing to lose because you know your marriage will never recover in that environment. So take him up on his offer. Put your house on the market and get it sold.

Exposure 101

M
M

Tell him you agree, that your marriage is done as long as you continue to live in the same community as the OM. Suggest that you get the house on the market and get it sold. Tell him you plan on moving AWAY from that community and you hope he follows you. Otherwise, this is never going to work.

Exposure 101

M
M
Why? Because a year ago when Mr. XVY committed to making us work, he committed to being open and honest. He committed to respecting our marriage. He committed to making it work for better or worse. Looking back at the past year, he has not stuck to his end of the commitment, especially in the open and honest area.

I think he was sincere when he made that commitment, but simply underestimated the power of these triggers. He is dragged back to Day 1 every time he is triggered. Running into the OM is like being raped all over again.

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
I understand this. I will definitely offer to do whatever it takes to save us, I just hope it isn't too late frown

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
M
M
I understand this. I will definitely offer to do whatever it takes to save us, I just hope it isn't too late frown

Well, I would do more than offer. I would plan to move away. A move away will benefit you all regardless of whether he comes or not. There is about a 50/50 chance that he will follow you and if he does, your marriage will have a chance. It doesn't have a chance there.

Exposure 101

M
M
I think moving away is your ONLY hope.

Exposure 101

Page 36 of 44 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation