Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
You two need boundary changes. If he went out to lunch with 'the guys' and a female was present, I doubt he was misleading you on purpose. Did you two have a rule that you cannot go out to eat if a member of the opposite sex is present? If you're not comfortable with it, tell him that from now on you'd prefer he not go to places where there is mixed genders.

If you don't want him having female friends on Facebook, tell himand you two sit down and unfriend them.

It's important to make sure that it's not just her comfort level that is the problem. Even if she were comfortable and enthusiastic with him having female friends, it would still be a bad idea for their marriage!

You are right that she should tell him she's not willing for him to have female friends any more, in any context, and that she's not willing for him to go to lunch any more with women present. For awhile, my wife wasn't willing for me to go to lunch from work at all - so I stopped!

Perhaps the two of you need to create a joint Facebook account.

I wish people would stop giving this advice!

My wife and I switched to a joint account on Facebook after the suggestion was made here - and then went on to carry on an emotional affair on Facebook under my nose with someone I knew! All while we were posting here on Marriage Builders!

Joint facebook accounts are really no security at all. If opposite sex friends or who/what you are viewing is a problem for your wife, get off of Facebook entirely. The world won't stop spinning just because you leave Facebook.

Last edited by markos; 09/20/13 09:25 AM.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
skyrim #2756030 09/20/13 12:10 PM
S
S

Originally Posted by skyrim
I feel so completely betrayed by all of this, and it is hard to even breathe. Just yesterday he received and private facebook message from a female that he so called met when he was at training this past summer for 2 weeks. Really, 2 weeks and you know someone. Not only that but apparently he and the other class mates which included this female where going out to dinner after classes. Now when talking to me I was lead to believe that when he was going out to eat it was lunch and it was with the guys. I am just now finding out that this female was always there as well. And now she is private messaging him just to say hey whats up, how's it going. I don't think or feel so, even though he swears he did nothing wrong and has never cheated on me (sexually).

However I feel that he has cheated on me emotionally and maybe multiple times. Why, because he has so many female friends and supposedly they have all searched him out and requested him. And he seems to have be happier spending time with them vs me.
Again, I feel so much pain right now and feel that I can never trust a word he says, not any more.

Yes, a big problem that you have in your M right now is that your H has his lovebank open to other women.

Not only is this incredibly risky behavior, it makes it harder for you to make LB$ deposits because he is comparing you to these other women and it is incredibly hurtful and uncaring.

It is critical that when you discuss this issue with him that your lovebusters are under control. You won't be able to solve the problem if you are DJ'ing him or having an AO.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S

If he went out to lunch with 'the guys' and a female was present, I doubt he was misleading you on purpose.

It would make sense if he did though. From the beginning of this thread, she has given examples of her H ignoring her feelings regarding his interactions with other women. He has gone ahead and engaged in these OS relationships despite her protestations and concerns.

I don't think it is a coincidence that he left out the fact that this woman was there that is now messaging him.

That brings up a good point - was he transparent with you about the fact that this woman was there and that she was messaging him now or did you find out because you looked through his FB messages?

Is there anything else he has been dishonest about?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2756045 09/20/13 12:39 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
If he went out to lunch with 'the guys' and a female was present, I doubt he was misleading you on purpose.

It would make sense if he did though.

Yes it would. We've certainly seen it before.

From the beginning of this thread, she has given examples of her H ignoring her feelings regarding his interactions with other women. He has gone ahead and engaged in these OS relationships despite her protestations and concerns.

I don't think it is a coincidence that he left out the fact that this woman was there that is now messaging him.

Yep. All red flags.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2756176 09/20/13 09:55 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by markos
Why, because he has so many female friends and supposedly they have all searched him out and requested him.

Goodness - that's going to wreck your emotional health! Tell him you need the female friendships to END.
I totally agree.

Have you told him yet?

What did he say?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

SusieQ #2756282 09/21/13 03:16 PM
S
skyrim Offline OP
OP Offline
S
That brings up a good point - was he transparent with you about the fact that this woman was there and that she was messaging him now or did you find out because you looked through his FB messages?

Is there anything else he has been dishonest about?

No he was not transparent with me about the fact that this women messaged him. I found it when I decided to look at his facebook the day after she had sent the message. He stated that he had not even logged on to facebook that day and he did not know that he had received a message from her, but someone had to have read it because there where not red notifications at the top for new messages.

Yes, there are other things that I feel he has been dishonest about. He how ever feels that he was not being dishonest and flat out lying about things. He just never gives the full details about things. Or as he says, he said anything because he did not feel that he was doing anything wrong. Or he uses the excuse, at least I feel it is an excuse that I don't remember every little detail about things, especially if they are not important.

W-Me 44
H-Skyrims_Jeger 34
2nd M
M June 16th, 2001
DD-25
DS-20
Children from 1st M
S
skyrim Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Have you told him yet?

What did he say?

No I have not told him that I want him to end all friend ships with females. I guess I felt that it would be unfair to do that. Also when I have mention it in the past about him having female friends, he just tells me that I am over reacting or just being jealous. Which in return hurts and then I react by having AO's.

W-Me 44
H-Skyrims_Jeger 34
2nd M
M June 16th, 2001
DD-25
DS-20
Children from 1st M
skyrim #2756286 09/21/13 03:26 PM
B
B
Have you told him yet?

What did he say?

No I have not told him that I want him to end all friend ships with females. I guess I felt that it would be unfair to do that. Also when I have mention it in the past about him having female friends, he just tells me that I am over reacting or just being jealous. Which in return hurts and then I react by having AO's.
You, my dear, must learn to control yourself. What are doing to control your AOs?

You also must be RH that him having female friends hurt and you don't like it.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

skyrim #2756293 09/21/13 03:59 PM
S
S
No he was not transparent with me about the fact that this women messaged him. I found it when I decided to look at his facebook the day after she had sent the message.

I just want to clarify....is this how you found out this woman was there that day when he was supposed to be with only the guys, by her message?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Have you told him yet?

What did he say?

You, my dear, must learn to control yourself. What are doing to control your AOs?

Agree.

This is an issue that you need to put on the front burner until it is resolved. Dr Harley encourages complaining in marriage.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2756295 09/21/13 04:05 PM
S
S
Do you listen to the radio show? I believe Friday's show had a discussion about AOs, steps to take to control them and how damaging they are. Press "rebroadcast" to listen.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
skyrim #2756298 09/21/13 04:10 PM
S
S
Also when I have mention it in the past about him having female friends, he just tells me that I am over reacting or just being jealous.

Jealousy is a normal reaction to a threat in marriage.

You can continue to calmly and respectfully let him know that his opposite sex friendships put your marriage in danger and make you feel unsafe because he is allowing these women to meet his ENs (conversation, admiration and RC). Needs that he should ONLY allow YOU to meet.

I see that your H is posting here. Has he read the opposite sex friendship article that ML posted for you?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2756299 09/21/13 04:42 PM
S
S
Also when I have mention it in the past about him having female friends, he just tells me that I am over reacting or just being jealous.

This was a tactic to make you feel like this is a problem with you and that he isn't doing anything that is damaging to your M. This is a tactic designed to make you feel like the problem is your insecurity (it isn't lost on me that this is the title of your thread) and has nothing to do with what he's doing.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2756304 09/21/13 05:44 PM
B
B
Do you listen to the radio show? I believe Friday's show had a discussion about AOs, steps to take to control them and how damaging they are. Press "rebroadcast" to listen.
In addition to SusieQ's excellent advice have you listened to this?
Anger Management 101

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
skyrim Offline OP
OP Offline
S

I am sure that I have been RH about female friends, or which female friends that made me uncomfortable. But I am also sure that the RH probably was during an AO as well.

I am sure that I am not doing enough for the AO's, but realizing that I having them as part of my defense and attack when hurt. I am also reading the Love busters book at this time. But if you have any suggestions about how to help me get my AO's under control then that would be great.

W-Me 44
H-Skyrims_Jeger 34
2nd M
M June 16th, 2001
DD-25
DS-20
Children from 1st M
skyrim #2756317 09/21/13 07:23 PM
M
M
[ But if you have any suggestions about how to help me get my AO's under control then that would be great.

skyrim, my suggestion would be to stop it. As long as you have angry outbursts you will not be able to solve any problems. It is impossible to solve problems when there is anger.

I am sure that I have been RH about female friends, or which female friends that made me uncomfortable. But I am also sure that the RH probably was during an AO as well

Have you been radically honest with him about ALL opposite sex friendships? There is no OS friendship that is good for your marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

SusieQ #2756318 09/21/13 07:26 PM
S
skyrim Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just want to clarify....is this how you found out this woman was there that day when he was supposed to be with only the guys, by her message?

No, it was during conversation. He had to attend a training in Texas for two weeks for his job. He was telling me about one of the conversations that the class had while eating one day. About how the two females that where in the class where asking questions of the males in the class and going around the table to get their answers.

Now he was back home by the time he was telling me this story. When he had talked to me while still in Texas he told that the class went to eat out a couple of times. I assumed that it was for lunch. He never stated any different.

There where many other details of that trip that where left out or not told to me in any conversation until a there was a situation and I decided to snoop on his face book. That is when I realized he had more female friends that I even knew. When I was asking him how he knew each one of them she was in the list and he said she was in the class with him in Texas. I was up set but tried not to let it bother me because I know that other people do search others out on facebook. But since she facebooked him out of the blue like they have known each other for some great time, I started asking more questions and found out even more details about the trip that was not shared with me in the first place.

W-Me 44
H-Skyrims_Jeger 34
2nd M
M June 16th, 2001
DD-25
DS-20
Children from 1st M
skyrim #2756319 09/21/13 07:28 PM
M
M
Do you have suspicions that he has cheated on you? Do you wonder about this?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

SusieQ #2756320 09/21/13 07:33 PM
S
skyrim Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have listened to some of the radio broadcast but not that one so I will do that.

My H does have his on thread, and not I don't think he has got to read the article. We both where looking at it and have not finished reading it.

W-Me 44
H-Skyrims_Jeger 34
2nd M
M June 16th, 2001
DD-25
DS-20
Children from 1st M
skyrim #2756321 09/21/13 07:36 PM
M
M
This....

No we really don�t go out on dates, and even if we do go out to dinner some where it ends up being him on his phone. Now with out his phone to keep his attention maybe that is why I have notice that he is noticing other women more often that he seem to before. What little recreational things that we do are typically in a group setting so therefore it is not just us. Which brings me to another thing that I have notice more and more, when we do go do things with friends or co workers, he will pay more attention to them than me, or talk to them more, laugh and joke. Those are things he never really does with me. Another example is when right before we got here to our new base, a group of his co workers wanted to get together and hang out at this indoor game arena.

.......... along with the fact that he has opposite sex friendships, would make most women very insecure. Your insecurity and jealousy is a natural reaction to being NEGLECTED in your marriage.

I feel like the most important woman in my husband's life. When we go out on our dates [4-5 times a week] I am the most important focus of his attention. He does not gawk at women and he certainly doesn't have any female friends.

We rarely ever travel apart and when we do, we don't go out with coworkers unless it is planned MANDATORY business event.

I think if you change your lives accordingly, your attitude will change and you won't be so unhappy and insecure. I am a very secure person but I would feel very insecure in the marriage you describe. It would drive me crazy.

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 377 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation