Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43
R
R
You already responded that you don't have the tub or anything of XW.

If XSIL ever inquires about the necklace again, let her know her sister probably has it since you do not. Matter of factly.

J
OP Offline
J
I spent spent 1.5 hours talking with this woman.
We have been texting all day.
When I came home today there was a letter from her.

I wrote her a letter.

I'm happier now than I havr heen in a long long time

C
C
Jedi Knight,
I know you are a Christian man, who is full of integrity and good character, yet you are infatuated with someone I see as questionable. What does she mean by feeling raw and exposed and vulnerable to your desires? She longs to feel your breath? Her dreams are explicit and full of passion? I guess there would be nothing wrong with having flirty conversations with sexual innuendos since you are a bachelor, but reading from your past posts, this does not seem like something you would go for. I would proceed cautiously. She seems like she is using her words to ignite something in you that may be hard to be delivered long distance?? Just wondering if you may want to wait around for someone local who may be a little more down to earth. Just my 2 cents.

(ME): BS 53 years old. Divorce final 8/13/12
After 2 failed marriages, not planning on marrying again.

Isaiah 43: 18,19
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
J
J
Hi Jedi. Thanks for sharing your experiences here, as it helps me understand the guys' POV. It's a jungle out there!

Quick question, at the risk of sounding obtuse: why are you communicating with her? (No judgment or latent advice here, just trying to understand)

"When you love someone, all your saved up wishes start coming out."
Elizabeth Bowen

(Changed my profile name, as it was appearing in Google searches. Yikes!)
J
OP Offline
J
I confess I enjoy the conversations.
I don't think they are sinful.
The Song of Solomon describes sex and passion.

Why do I speak with her? I like her a lot.

If I sound crazy let me know.
I know I have a bad track record so I have kept my sister informed of everything for perspective.
She says I should proceed with caution but felt that I (1) get practice talking to women and (2) if the lady is truthful it could turn into something serious.
My sister said people meet out of state and use web cams and get married and move.

L
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

The conversations are not sinful. But this woman is trying to get you addicted to her. She knows that you are vulnerable and is preying on you.

Start asking some tough questions and see how she responds.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
J
OP Offline
J
What questions ?

M
M
Then after abt 15 min she said that she was home and needed to go (before she got out of her car)
So I think maybw there is some issue. Why can she not talk on the phone in her single apartment?

I can answer this because I do it too. My cell phone does not work inside my house. BUT, I can either text or use my land line. Could it be that her cell phone does not work inside her house?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Then after abt 15 min she said that she was home and needed to go (before she got out of her car)
So I think maybw there is some issue. Why can she not talk on the phone in her single apartment?

I can answer this because I do it too. My cell phone does not work inside my house. BUT, I can either text or use my land line. Could it be that her cell phone does not work inside her house?

I don't know but I did talk to her for abt 90 minutes on her phone in the apt.
I know she was there because I could hear her daughter in the background.
I don't think she's hiding a live in boyfriend.
She also posts stuff to me on facebook too

J
OP Offline
J
This is the letter she wrote and mailed to me (on nice stationary):

Dearest Jedi,

Before I found you I had not thought this possible. I hadn't known any other to share my thoughts beliefs and dreams. I hold our friendship close to my heart not willing to let any harm come to what we have together.

I find myself wanting more of you as each day passes. I want to stop time so that I may be able to spend time getting to know you more.

I want to bridge the distance that is between us and be a part of your life amd you in mine.

I will accept our fate and be satisfied with any part that you are willing to share. Never did I expect to find a man like you.

With love,
(Ill call her Dominique - alias)

J
OP Offline
J
Ex ww gave the kids christmas ornaments and decorations and a table centerpiece.
She also told them she was bringing a tree (fake tree) next week for them to set up.
I told them that we will not be setting up a tree she brings and we willpick kne out together.
I also will not have her centerpiece on our table!
Is it reasonable to say, You can keep it in your rooms but not the living areas?

J
J
Jedi,

Take it slow. See where it takes you. Sounds like both of your love banks are getting filled faster than a Las Vegas slot machine. The empty heart has a voracious appetite and things can rev up fast as they have with you. I wish you well.

Regarding the ornaments and tree, your XW should keep them at her place if the kids are there often. These are tough issues because they pit the children between you and your ex. You should not have to be subjected to her Christmas tree and center pieces.

To answer your question, yes, its reasonable to ask them to keep the ornaments and decorations from their mom in their rooms. That is exactly how handled the things my FWW gave my girls when she was having the affair. I told them, "These are yours but they are hurtful for me to see (they came from overseas where the POSOM lived) so please keep them out of my sight."

J
OP Offline
J
I spoke with her for nearly 3 hours yesterday.
we send text to each other throughout the day.
if there are questions I should be asking please let me know as I have discussed marriage Builders principlesand she seems very much on the same page

I am going to California to visit relatives in May and I'm going to visit her then

I'm very much find myself falling in love with her

J
OP Offline
J
I sent her flowers today at work. my sister helped me choose which ones

N
N
Awwww!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
J
J
Have you discussed whether one of you is willing to move to be together? I know you have full custody but would your ex have to sign off on that? What about her ex? Under normal circumstances I'd say it's too early to have this talk but it seems you two are moving at lightning speed.

How much background checking have you done, beyond her Facebook page and court documents?

J
J

Why do I speak with her? I like her a lot.

If I sound crazy let me know.
I know I have a bad track record so I have kept my sister informed of everything for perspective.
She says I should proceed with caution but felt that I (1) get practice talking to women and (2) if the lady is truthful it could turn into something serious.
My sister said people meet out of state and use web cams and get married and move.

I don't think you sound crazy at all. I think it's totally natural to enjoy being 'someone special' to someone special.

For the record, I doubt you need "practice" talking to women - I'll bet it comes easily to you when you're attracted to someone wink

Heck, maybe you'll find a way to meet someday!

Elizabeth Bowen

J
J
I spoke with her for nearly 3 hours yesterday.
we send text to each other throughout the day.
if there are questions I should be asking please let me know as I have discussed marriage Builders principlesand she seems very much on the same page

I am going to California to visit relatives in May and I'm going to visit her then

I'm very much find myself falling in love with her
Wow!! Thumbs up! smile

(We could tell you were falling in love...so cute)

Elizabeth Bowen

J
J
Now THAT'S "online dating" at its finest! loveheart

Elizabeth Bowen

J
J
Can you skype? (no hanky-panky now! lol)

Elizabeth Bowen

Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation