Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
J
Does he have a job?

F
Fancy Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Does he have a job?

Yes. He was on short term disability for a while while he was in the hospital this past Sept-October and for several weeks after he was discharged from the hospital. He was out of the office for 14 weeks? He just returned to work Dec 19th.

Last edited by Fancy; 01/11/14 11:33 PM.

Me: 32, BW, 22 weeks pregnant
Him: 32, WH recently diagnosed with Bipolar
Together 11 years
Married 6 years
DD: 3 years old
D-Day: 11/8/2013
NC Letter: 12/2/2013 failed
Plan B: 12/9/13-current

B
B
Originally Posted by Fancy
My best friend, Christine, who is the OW's SIL, texted me and asked if WH had been out Friday night.

Okay, this makes sense that you heard it from your friend while you were not in Plan B - seeing if your WH would do the EP's.

He's not in it for the right reasons yet.

I agree with you. Your WH is only sorry that he got caught. He's not sorry for the behavior yet.

Dr. Harley and Joyce are so sweet. Let us know when you hear from them.

W (me) - 40
H - 44
M 15 years, 2 kids
P
P
Now he's crying to IM saying he knows he made a huge mistake

Your IM needs to protect you from this information. She should only be passing on information about the kids or finances. If he expresses to her his desire to reconcile with you, she should tell him to contact Dr. HARLEY on the radio show and ask him what to do, and she shouldn't tell you a thing about it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
Fancy, I just heard your letter read on the radio show.
Did you tell Dr. Harley that the reason you are in Plan B is not only because you are pregnant, but also because your husband was waffling on following EPs? It sounded like Dr. Harley wasn't aware of this, and assumed your husband was doing everything he could and just slipped up ...

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

F
Fancy Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Yes, I explained everything in the letter in detail. Joyce paraphrased my situation.

But from what I gathered, relapses are expected and I'm to put in more EPs to prevent further contact if he can't refrain from contacting her.

But he needs to be honest about contacts or if he's feeling an urge to contact.

And Dr Harley also said he would understand if I decided to divorce him at this point since it's too stressful and since he's betrayed me again.

Joyce and Dr Harley talked about me being the only one to judge whether I decided to try to reconcile or divorce since I'm the only one that knows my whole situation. I'm trying to figure it out. Need some time alone.

Last edited by Fancy; 01/15/14 11:01 PM.

Together 11 years
Married 6 years

P
P
Take your time. There is no need to rush to a decision about reconciliation.
Dr. Harley talked about moving, and seemed to think it would be the only way to keep him from contacting her. Is that something he would be willing to do?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

F
Fancy Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I don't think moving is a real option for us right now with me being pregnant and honestly our entire support system is here. With his mental illness being a new diagnosis and us still navigating that aspect, I would not want to move away and handle that all on my own. It was a traumatic experience to deal with the mania.

Together 11 years
Married 6 years

J
J
Well, that's the problem with infidelity.
If you want to recover you often need to move

B
B
I don't think moving is a real option for us right now with me being pregnant and honestly our entire support system is here. With his mental illness being a new diagnosis and us still navigating that aspect, I would not want to move away and handle that all on my own. It was a traumatic experience to deal with the mania.

You choose what is best for you and your babies. Your health is extremely important right now. Moving would be very hard on you during your pregnancy.

Take plenty of time making your choice. If you want to "bounce" stuff off any of us here, I know many of us are anxious to help out.

Take care.

W (me) - 40
H - 44
M 15 years, 2 kids
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Comfortable Shoe, 1 invisible), 666 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation