Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 69 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 68 69
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Sorry about the water.
Yea, it sounds like she likes being the property of a Mexican boyfriend.
next thing she will probably have his name tattooed on her bottom

Thanks for the visual.

Nothing changes. I am stuck in hell. Every day is the same and I can't escape.
C
C
Originally Posted by BlindsidedNM
A little peeved tonight. I got home and the city had shut off my water . No warning, no sticky note on the door - nothing. I had yet to change it over to my name but I haven't been here that long.

Could be worse... You could live in West Virginia....

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
B
OP Offline
B
True. I did remember that the landlord had left a plastic trash can outside that was full of water. I took a bucket out and it was still about half full of dirty water. At least I can flush the toilet. Brushed my teeth with bottled water and washed my hands with wet wipes. I knew I spent those years as a Boy Scout for something.

C
C
very resourceful!

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
B
OP Offline
B
I wonder what my chances for recovery are when her #1 emotional need is physical affection (specifically s3x). Kinda hard to make any deposits into that love bank when someone else has been at the teller's window for the past 2 years.

J
J
Sir,
women typically need to be in love to have sex.
As conflict arises between her and OM, she will fall out of love and he will be unable to make those deposits too!

On a recent show, Harley advised a divorced man to make love bank deposits with his ex wife by cleaning the house windows...little things that slowly add deposits.
Over time, the ex wife would allow the man to make deposits in other areas as well

B
B
Have you sought help for depression yet?

What did you think of TD's idea to write positive things down in a notebook? He has a point that you know your ExW best - and you would know what she likes the best for Plan A. If your ExW compares you to her current boyfriend, is she going to see a man that is strong, upbeat attitude, and positive outlook? Be that man, because it will attract a lot of people to you. You have a lot going for you.

What fun things are you going to do with your daughter time during the weekend? You could make cookies together or color some "cards" for grandparents or even the ExW.

W (me) - 40
H - 44
M 15 years, 2 kids
B
OP Offline
B
Actually I'm not sure I know my xW at all, really. She never communicated with me like couples are supposed to. I thought I knew her, and I never would have thought she would commit adultery.

J
J
Do you think she is going to a church now?

B
OP Offline
B
Do you think she is going to a church now?

My daughter says she is, but not the same one we joined before the divorce (the one I still go to).

I still chuckle at how disrespectful the POSOM was with his Facebook comments. She is so blind.

B
OP Offline
B
Long weekend with the girls. My 5 year old (she is almost 5 now) didn't want me to take her back to mommy's. She also said something about me coming back home. I had to keep it together in front of her. "Divorce is just fine as long as you do it when the kids are young, the kids will be happy" - I am sure that's the advice she got.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by BlairBluefin
Have you sought help for depression yet?

What did you think of TD's idea to write positive things down in a notebook? He has a point that you know your ExW best - and you would know what she likes the best for Plan A. If your ExW compares you to her current boyfriend, is she going to see a man that is strong, upbeat attitude, and positive outlook? Be that man, because it will attract a lot of people to you. You have a lot going for you.

What fun things are you going to do with your daughter time during the weekend? You could make cookies together or color some "cards" for grandparents or even the ExW.

I may do this. Don't think I have nothing to be thankful for - I don't need any emotional support for that stuff, ya know? That's why I seem more negative than I really am when I post on here.

J
J
Long weekend with the girls. My 5 year old (she is almost 5 now) didn't want me to take her back to mommy's. She also said something about me coming back home. I had to keep it together in front of her. "Divorce is just fine as long as you do it when the kids are young, the kids will be happy" - I am sure that's the advice she got.

Your ex wife only cares about herself.
She doesn't really care about how the kids feel and will only listen to those who support her.
Those that don't, such as her father, are avoided

B
OP Offline
B
And when will that change? What eye-opening event will have to happen for her to see what is going on?

J
J
And when will that change? What eye-opening event will have to happen for her to see what is going on?

Have you read the book of Hosea?

B
OP Offline
B

Have you read the book of Hosea?

At one time, but I'll read it again. I have a memory like a sieve.

B
OP Offline
B
Okay, you all wanted me to post text messages before responding, so here is one I just got:

"It's time to figure out where <5 yr old> will be going to kindergarten this fall. Would prefer to send her to a Christian based private school but I can't afford that on my income... can you commit to helping financially or should I not even bother looking into private schools?"

Of course, it is very tempting to respond in one of the following ways:

"How much will POSOM be contributing?"

"Why a Christian school? YOU went a to a Christian school and it made no difference. You are a liar and adulterer."

But I haven't.

Last edited by BlindsidedNM; 01/22/14 12:28 PM.

J
J
Please refrain from disrespectful judgments, no matter how hard it is to resist.

If you can support your child going to a Christian school then I would consider helping out. From my experiences in Catholic education, the child does grow in mind, body and spirit. Even though your ex wife has gotten lost, that doesn't mean your child will stray when she becomes an adult. If it is a good school, she will have a very strong foundation.

Her text is a reason why finding an IM can help you. You will be free of the triggers that will upset you, and you won't be at risk of lovebusting when she contacts you with hurtful or anger-inducing texts.

J
J
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
Please refrain from disrespectful judgments, no matter how hard it is to resist.

If you can support your child going to a Christian school then I would consider helping out. From my experiences in Catholic education, the child does grow in mind, body and spirit. Even though your ex wife has gotten lost, that doesn't mean your child will stray when she becomes an adult. If it is a good school, she will have a very strong foundation.

Her text is a reason why finding an IM can help you. You will be free of the triggers that will upset you, and you won't be at risk of lovebusting when she contacts you with hurtful or anger-inducing texts.

Catholics have been operating schools for centuries.
I went to a protestant elementary school and when I transferred to public I was behind in math. Seriously behind.
I would reply like this:

"I'd love to sit down and talk with you about it. Do you have time to meet at Starbucks on xXxX?"

Or

"Thanks for the update. At this time, I unfortunately can't pay anything above my court mandated child support"

I liked the tect replies you almost sent, but don't send those because they won't help.

B
OP Offline
B
I thought I was in Plan B. She is nowhere near to being out of the fog. She probably never will be. She has never cared how I feel about anything, why would she start now? If you read the text, all she cares bout is how she is going to pay for it. She cares that our kids got a good education, but she couldn't care less how I feel about anything.

Page 29 of 69 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 68 69

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation