Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43
J
OP Offline
J
Yes! Corn, zucchini, cucumber, peas, lettuce, tomato, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, wheat grass for juice.
I tried melons last year but was unsuccessful so I will stay away from those and strawberries.

A gent from churvh is a master gardener and specializes in butterfly gardens and he will help me create a butterfly garden.

Along the street, I am planting zinnias. I did last year in my old house and they looked beautiful. I also planted sunflowers along the fence and I will do so this year too.
I like the zinnias because they are drought resistant.

Im also planting herbs but havent decided which ones.
I have a lot of space in my new home and I want to can this year.

S
S
I had a stamped concrete patio put in last summer and it was worth every penny. My father and BIL helped me w/the landscaping around it....got a grill and dining set and there's a separate firepit area. We used it almost every weekend this past summer - family and friends would come over and we would hang out there around the fire at night.... highly recommend if you can afford it!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Im also planting herbs but havent decided which ones.

I planted chives, Italian oregano, cilantro, parsley and basil in my flowerbeds. I used them as greenery between several other types of flowers, so they don't stand out unless you're looking for them. The Italian oregano brought a lot of bees into the garden because of the flowers. Plant what you will enjoy the most and what you will use often. And have fun!

W (me) - 40
H - 44
M 15 years, 2 kids
J
J
Originally Posted by tccoastguard
I've been thinking of doing my own patio this spring. Did you guys use pavers, bricks, concrete, etc?

Do you have a list of ideas on what you're planting this year Jedi?

I used pavers. The book said it was a weekend job. Ha! Took me a month-and-a-half with a lot of vacation days used. But it was a big project. Still, looks better than simple concrete in my opinion.

J
OP Offline
J
My youngest asked Santa for a mom for Christmas....

Im almost tempted to date just to find one. ..

M
M
Your daughter is fantasizing about a real mother who will love her as much as you do. It doesn't quite work out that way in real life. Most little girls view step mothers as competition!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

235 Offline
Melodylane, I wanted to read a couple of people's posts because I think they too just joined but when I click on their names, nothing comes up. One is wildcat06. Is there a way to read the posts? I forgot the other one but it is something 80 and they too just joined. I just wanted to read what some of the newest members are going through

B
B

I've been on this board for twelve years and seen people come and go....some stay a long time, some just a few hours or days. Many ask the moderators to delete their posts when then leave. That is likely what happened with the posters to who you refer.

BB

M
M
Hi I think you were looking for me. I am new here but reading posts around the clock, trying to learn as much as I can. I am a business woman and I travel a lot. Too many things are nit adding up with my husband. I suspect there's someine else because we haven't been "together" in over five years. Oops I said too much!

N
N
Missy,

Give us some hints here!! Something to go on. Why do you feel someone has been "looking for you." Why do you feel (if you do) it has something to do with this poster or thread?

Help us out!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy
Missy,

Give us some hints here!! Something to go on. Why do you feel someone has been "looking for you." Why do you feel (if you do) it has something to do with this poster or thread?

Help us out!

She is referring to poster 235

M
M
Originally Posted by Missy80
Hi I think you were looking for me. I am new here but reading posts around the clock, trying to learn as much as I can. I am a business woman and I travel a lot. Too many things are nit adding up with my husband. I suspect there's someine else because we haven't been "together" in over five years. Oops I said too much!

Surely she didn't mean you. She would not even know about you since you didn't post until today.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
I have a 5k race my kids and I will participate in next month...and then a marathon in about 2 months..

Unfortunately I havent ran in about a month! The roads have been icy and frozen...so I hope I survive.

Its been a long long winter.

I am having the soil tested for my garden...
and very excited!

J
OP Offline
J
Does anyone listen to Gary Coxe?

I've listened to a few of his shows, and they are great 10 minute pick-me-ups.

J
OP Offline
J
Well, every time I have court hearings I always think about marriage and the affair.
It is at times emotionally draining, but I really cant complain because there are people much worse off...

I have a custody modification hearing next week and have had dreams of ex ww, plan A, etc...mostly about trying to win her back.

Thank God I discovered Marriage Builders and Dr. Harley's book, Surviving an Affair during that process...

J
J
Sorry Jedi. You have done a good job of removing as many triggers as possible and recovering your life. But, alas, with children in the picture, there will always be some kind of connection.

Wish you the best with the court hearings. Thinking good thoughts for you, brother.

J
OP Offline
J
Well, I ran a half marathon today...donating blood tomorrow and court on Tuesday!

J
OP Offline
J
My court hearing was delayed...
I did not speak to or even look at ex ww in the court lobby.

lately, I have been praying for her salvation.

N
N
Jedi, that's a beautiful thing to pray for. I do that too.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
J
OP Offline
J
I have thought a lot about this and if I was the Godly husband that I should have been, her affair would likely not have occurred.

So, in some regards, I do take some responsibility for her affair and subsequent downward spiral.
I know that she is responsible for her actions, but I am becoming increasingly of the opinion that all problems are a result of sin.

I have watched (or read) of how Justthe3ofus is working towards restoring his marriage; (his timeline is similar to mine);

I have also thought about the past, from the beginning of our relationship (very bizarre) to different times during the 10 year marriage.

I feel if I we would have followed the POJA, and met each others emotional needs we could of had a good marriage. The reason why I feel this way is because she consistently tried to do nice things for me during the 10 years (in our renter/ marriage relationship)

There is a kick: She does have a "electric fence personality" as Harley describes in his book BRF.

The affair started July 2011 and it's been more than 2 years since I discovered it and filed for divorce. My father says that there is too much water under the bridge to even consider having anything to do with her...

Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation