Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
W
W
Originally Posted by Zhamila
I'm a FWW, and when I saw this I quickly went and made sure I wasn't listed. I have repented (my affair was years ago), and everyone in my personal life knows what I did. I also tell anyone I seriously date, because I believe it's important information that a potential spouse should know about me.

However, this site scares me: if I were up there, and people from work saw me, it could ruin my career - even though it was years ago and I've made many changes in my life since. I'm not a public figure: just a single mom doing the best she can for her children. But I'd hate to lose my job because my xH feels I should be punished even more for what I did.

So, as a former Wayward, I guess I don't have the sense of rejoicing over this website that a Betrayed might have. I suppose that's the point: to scare people into behaving and punish them when they misbehave. I dunno: I feel like I've suffered enough - but maybe a Betrayed would disagree.

I had this same reaction Zhamila. But I couldn't find a way to search for my name on the site, other than scroll through all of the "Homewrecker" postings.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
S
S
I'm a FWW, and when I saw this I quickly went and made sure I wasn't listed. I have repented (my affair was years ago), and everyone in my personal life knows what I did. I also tell anyone I seriously date, because I believe it's important information that a potential spouse should know about me.

However, this site scares me: if I were up there, and people from work saw me, it could ruin my career - even though it was years ago and I've made many changes in my life since. I'm not a public figure: just a single mom doing the best she can for her children. But I'd hate to lose my job because my xH feels I should be punished even more for what I did.

So, as a former Wayward, I guess I don't have the sense of rejoicing over this website that a Betrayed might have. I suppose that's the point: to scare people into behaving and punish them when they misbehave. I dunno: I feel like I've suffered enough - but maybe a Betrayed would disagree.
The site says this:

This is shesahomewrecker.com where the betrayed woman exposes the other woman who became involved with her husband/boyfriend.

It is a site to expose women who got involved with other women's husbands, and the BW is the person whose story will be accepted.

It is not a FWW name-and-shame site, unless the FWW intervened in a marriage.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
W
W
Originally Posted by SugarCane
This is shesahomewrecker.com where the betrayed woman exposes the other woman who became involved with her husband/boyfriend.

It is a site to expose women who got involved with other women's husbands, and the BW is the person whose story will be accepted.

It is not a FWW name-and-shame site, unless the FWW intervened in a marriage.

My affair was indeed with a married man.

S
S
Does the BW know about your affair with her H?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
OP Offline
M
Dr Harley mentioned that if he ran the website, he would take their name off if they PROVED to him that he repented, which I think would be a gracious move. I am sure it does scare those who have been guilty of this behavior.

However, if one lost their job or a relationship, that would be a result of the adultery and nothing else. Zhamila, thats fine to decide you have "suffered enough" but you are not the victim. It is not your ox that was gored. I am much more concerned with the victims of adultery than the perps. Like Dr Harley said about the "suffering" of the perp: "that is a life lesson to be learned."

I have been a recruiter for various companies over the years, and I know some who have purposely steered clear of those who commit adultery.

I hope the website gains notoriety so more people will think twice before they commit adultery. IF I knew my name was going to be published on a notorious website, I might think twice before having an affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Bottom line is if I do something cruel and reckless to someone, I am not entitled to secrecy about it. That person has the right to tell anyone and everyone what I did regardless of whether I feel I have "suffered enough" or not. My "suffering" was a direct result of my dumb choices, after all; the victims was not.

And I say this as a person who has a reckless past and has treated others horribly. I have been forgiven much, but I am not arrogant enough to ask my victims to shut up and protect me. I have no such entitlement.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Telling the world that your spouse has betrayed you in the most horrible way is NOT "punishment."

And I say this as a person who has a reckless past and has treated others horribly. I have been forgiven much, but I am not arrogant enough to ask my victims to shut up and protect me. I have no such entitlement.
Very much agreed.
And, honestly, if one is truly repentant then I do not understand why that person would fear having their past exposed. The fear of exposure is a very wayward mindset.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
I feel like I've suffered enough
Exposure is not about making the wayward "suffer." You understand that, right?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

S
S
I dunno: I feel like I've suffered enough - but maybe a Betrayed would disagree.

I think this is a completely terrible thing to post, and I am in disbelief that something so insensitive would be said here on this forum of all places.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
A
A
Agree. This is a statement devoid of empathy.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
S
S
But I'd hate to lose my job because my xH feels I should be punished even more for what I did.

Exposure was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. It still makes me sick to think of it today.

I remember thinking to myself, "How dare WxH put me through this hell again!" with each phone call and email I had to make.

It had NOTHING to do with wanting to "punish" anybody.

Last edited by SusieQ; 02/10/14 04:20 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
I dunno: I feel like I've suffered enough - but maybe a Betrayed would disagree.

How do you define 'suffered enough'? What does that even mean?

Look, I am all about R after an A and focusing on the future. Living it now. I love the efforts my FWW is making.

But I can tell you that even though we are working to the future and my resentment is fading...if my W EVER made this comment to me or posted it on this board?..well..it would be a massive LB'er. Many LB units would be lost in her account.

Personally, I love the home wrecker sites! If it wouldn't be such a trigger for me, I would probably post the POSOM's info on it. But I know that would do more damage to myself and our R then the benefits it would bring.

M
M
If you think of your reputation as being your own property, you might feel that other people don't have the right to damage it.

If you think of your reputation as consisting of other people's opinions, and those opinions as being their property, not yours, then you would feel more likely to respect their right to their opinions.

I don't feel that my reputation is my property - I feel like it belongs to other people, because it is their opinions.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S

Zhamila, you interfered in someone else's marriage. You brought devastation not just to your own marriage but to someone else's too - your own mother-in-law, who was given no say in having her marriage destroyed by you. To paint yourself as "just a single mom doing the best she can for her children" after tearing two families apart is horribly insensitive and dishonest.

If you were on that website, you would not be the victim in this story. As someone whose marriage ended after the affair you are not the victim. There are many victims and none of them is you. You are the perpetrator of a vicious act on another woman, and a vicious act on your own children and your ex-husband.

You feel like you've suffered enough. At what point do you think that this woman, your mother-in-law, suffered enough?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
G
G
Writer1,

I think you wrote about searching for yourself in that database, just type in something like homewrecker.com jane in google or jane doe, and it will give you a number of hits.

Oftentimes the google search is better than the local search on many websites.

God Bless
Gamma

W
W
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Does the BW know about your affair with her H?

Yes, she knows. And they are now divorced.

I think the concern I have about a site like this is that it does seem more slanted toward revenge than exposure. Exposure, as I understand it, is supposed to be directed at people who have some influence over the wayward - spouse, children, family members, friends, co-workers. This site seems more directed towards publicly shaming the wayward to mostly strangers who just happen across the site and see their name and photograph. Most of the strangers who read this information likely don't even know any of the parties involved and would therefor be of little help in ending the affair, which I believe is the main point of exposure.

The fact is, I have had no contact with my OM for 4 1/2 years. I am honestly mortified by my actions during that time. I destroyed someone else's family and there's nothing I can do to change that. It is something I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

The only thing I can do is work everyday at becoming a better person, wife, and mother. Maybe some of the other waywards on that site are trying to do that too, but if that's the case, it certainly isn't being included in the portrait of them that is being put out there. If someone gets put on this site because of a past affair, should their profile stay there indefinitely regardless of any and all efforts they make to change?

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by writer1
[I think the concern I have about a site like this is that it does seem more slanted toward revenge than exposure. Exposure, as I understand it, is supposed to be directed at people who have some influence over the wayward - spouse, children, family members, friends, co-workers. This site seems more directed towards publicly shaming the wayward.....

This website, in particular, is aimed at the OP, not the spouse, though. We can't possibly know who has influence over the OP.

And of course they are publicly "shamed." As they should be. When you do something shameful, you should feel ashamed.

Exposure 101

W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
And of course they are publicly "shamed." As they should be. When you do something shameful, you should feel ashamed.

I agree with that. And all of the "former" waywards I know do indeed feel a great deal of shame.

My question was, should the public shaming have no end? Should someone who has had an affair, ended it, cut off contact with their OP, and then changed their behavior have to have their picture and personal information displayed on a site like this forever?

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by writer1
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I agree with that. And all of the "former" waywards I know do indeed feel a great deal of shame.

My question was, should the public shaming have no end? Should someone who has had an affair, ended it, cut off contact with their OP, and then changed their behavior have to have their picture and personal information displayed on a site like this forever?

Why not? Shouldn't they feel ashamed for life? Is there a statute of limitations on the shaming of people who do shameful things? I feel ashamed of my bad deeds even after 30 years. I have changed myself dramatically too. Does that entitle me to anything? No, it does not. If there is any kind of "limit" shouldn't it be applied to the suffering of their victims?

Public shaming is a job hazard of having an affair. When you have an affair you take the risk of having your behavior publicly exposed forever.

In the case of infidelity, the suffering of the cheaters victims usually has no end.. My 31 year old son still suffers to this day from his dad's affair in 1999. He didn't ask for that. Think I care one whit if my XH's skank is publicly shamed years later? The answer would be no.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I don't get this defensive posture, writer. As someone who did horrible things in my 20's, if I were exposed on that site [not for an affair but for other things] what would I have to defend? My behavior was indefensible.

I would say, "yes, that is true. I did a despicable thing and I am deeply sorry."

If the story is true, why object?

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 615 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation