Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2788500 03/12/14 10:05 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Wow! The cheater of the day on Cheaterville is a female minister from the United Church of Christ who is having an affair with a married man she was counseling!

I dont know if the betrayed wife that exposed him on Cheaterville contacted their national leadership...so I did it for her:

To: Lead Pastor at United Church of Christ National Office
Re; Adultery within the church

Brothers and Sisters;

It has been brought to my attention that a lead pastor in your church in Plymouth Meeting, PA is involved in adultery with a married member. This is according to a public post made by the betrayed wife on Cheaterville.

You may view the post here:

http://www.cheaterville.com/?page=cheaters&id=31680&sid=90405

I encourage you to take appropriate action.

Thank you

AND.....

I emailed this to the local Church involved:

I was very disappointed to see a Christian minister featured on a website for adultery with a married church member.
According to this post by the betrayed wife, ( http://www.cheaterville.com/?page=cheaters&id=31680&sid=90405) it has been ongoing for some time.

This is a tarnish upon not only the Church, but evil in nature.

I have forwarded this to the national leadership and I encourage the minister involved to immediately resign, pending an investigation.

Thank you,

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 03/12/14 10:48 AM. Reason: edit church denomination
M
M
FYI, Jedi, that's the United Church of Christ, not the Church of Christ. The differences are enormous, although I'm sad to say there's affairs in the Church of Christ as well.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Now that that's out of the way - good on you for helping to apply pressure to someone in a position of authority who is betraying that trust in the worst way possible.

You might add some comments urging the church to reach out to the betrayed wife involved. I'm sure she could use all the support she could get, starting with the church eliminating its minister.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by markos
Now that that's out of the way - good on you for helping to apply pressure to someone in a position of authority who is betraying that trust in the worst way possible.

You might add some comments urging the church to reach out to the betrayed wife involved. I'm sure she could use all the support she could get, starting with the church eliminating its minister.

I sent the emails because based on my experience here, I know that oftentimes exposure to the employer is never done.

M
M
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by markos

I sent the emails because based on my experience here, I know that oftentimes exposure to the employer is never done.

You are exactly right - I am glad somebody is telling them.

Workplace exposure is all the more important when somebody has abused a position of authority: a minister with a church member, a manager with a subordinate, an affair in the military, etc.

L
L
Good for you for speaking out for integrity and safeguarding marriages of emotionally susceptible members under the influential supposed guidance by the peers who are the ministry, who should be held to a higher standard.

Will you also follow up with them to ensure they respond pro actively, rather than allowing them to sweep it under the rug?

Are there any others in your area that could write their dissatisfaction at this turn of events?

LTL

P
P
I agree! Good for you for going to the top with this. As a pastor's daughter, I can tell you that the PTB (i.e., deacons, elders, etc.) would much prefer to deal (or not) with this kind of thing in-house and quietly, understandably at times, but it's been my experience that the word (gossip) is generally "OUT" before the PTB are even made aware there's a problem. How the PTB deal with it is sometimes judged more harshly than the actual "sin" itself.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation