Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
B
B
Originally Posted by mijunleigh
The email was about some of the postings we had seen recently on the forums about advice given to WSs. He talked about how most counselors just validate what you already feel and don't give you hard challenges. How nobody wants to hear they are doing wrong and just want the easy way of following their chosen path. Sadly I missed the part where he addressed the advice given to my WW.
Is this your question?
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
Yep BH that was mine. Was nice to see you had posted it.

M
OP Offline
M
Quick update. Sorry it's been so long.

Still married for now. Final hearing on the 20th. Getting most recent evidence in order for delivery to the atty. WW still involved with her POSOM. She works full-time now at least. I've had to get full time child care and WW only sees the kids 1-2 nights a week and every other Friday for an overnight. She still thinks she can get primary custody and child support out of me. It's almost over.

I continue to go to church. Have quit smoking cigarettes and am on an e-cig completely now. Still working on getting rid of it but better than a coffin nail. Got my first calling at church as a children's sunday school teacher. I'm really excited. DS is doing great in schoo and just turned 7. He got accepted to the Talented and Gifted program. DD is also doing well in school and is a darling little 5 year old. She does great in school too and all her teachers think she's an angel. If they only knew the tornado that is my daughter at home.

Hope all is well with you.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 1 OM1 2/2012; D-Day1 3/14/2012; NC 4/1/2012; broke NC 05/2012
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
PA 3 OM2 1/06/2013; D-Day2 1/14/2013
Divorcing 1/22 Plan A 1/23
Worthless attempt at Trickle Exposure
Multiple PAs OW2,3,&4 since 1/27/2013
WW moved out 3/5/2013
Temp Custody of DS and DD 3/21/13
WW moved back D-Day 3 9/1/13
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
J
J
Glad you are doing well.
Are you in Plan A or Plan B?

M
OP Offline
M
Still in A as much as possible. The longer this goes on the more I long for B. It's spring break and the kids are with my parents for the week. WW has been spending every night over at POSOM's. Going to have a final meeting with the atty on Monday prior to the final hearing on Thursday. One week from now I won't be married any longer. She is the one who set the court date. She did finally hire herself another atty.

One cool thing happened today totally unrelated. I was doing some geneaology online today and found an Earl in my family history. The I traced his ancestry back to the year 264. Yes that's right it's not a typo only 3 digits!

Last edited by mijunleigh; 03/13/14 11:18 PM.
J
J
Do you plan on entering Plan B after divorce?
If so are you prepared for that?

M
OP Offline
M
I'm not sure yet. I'd like to see what opportunities present themselves. I fully expect her to move back in with him or even marry him as soon as she can.

G
G
Mijunleigh,

Multiple PAs OW2,3,&4 since 1/27/2013

How could you take her back? WW has so many OM and OW that you might not be able to find a place to move where you wouldn't be 50 miles or less away from one.

God Bless
Gamma

J
J
I'm not sure yet. I'd like to see what opportunities present themselves. I fully expect her to move back in with him or even marry him as soon as she can.

well we know what the odds of that marriage surviving will be...

You need to start asking yourself how you want to live post divorce.
I have no contact with my ex wife (and we have 3 kids that live with me).

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 03/14/14 08:49 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
I know how I will live, I've got a good life without her and it continues to get better. I have accepted that and look forward to it. I have a hard time thinking about my children not seeing mommy so much. Her lifestyle and influence is undeniably bad for them at this time. My greatest fear is what will happen to them because of her life choices. I will have more peace in my life with the structure the divorce will bring.

Gamma it's tough to make the choice but I only do so because I believe marriage is eternal. I do not know what the future holds, but I will embrace what comes my way. I work on my personal happiness and ensure my children have the best life possible.

J
J
I know how I will live, I've got a good life without her and it continues to get better. I have accepted that and look forward to it. I have a hard time thinking about my children not seeing mommy so much. Her lifestyle and influence is undeniably bad for them at this time. My greatest fear is what will happen to them because of her life choices. I will have more peace in my life with the structure the divorce will bring.

Gamma it's tough to make the choice but I only do so because I believe marriage is eternal. I do not know what the future holds, but I will embrace what comes my way. I work on my personal happiness and ensure my children have the best life possible.

I have my kids full time.
Statistically, kids raised by single dads do well.
KIds raised by single moms dont do well.

As long as kids have a parent that shows them love and boundaries, they do well. It is a fact.

J
J

You have a healthy outlook, and I wish you and your children the best as you approach a crossroads. Karma will not be kind to your WW, but I have a feeling you have grown and deepened your character from this struggle.

Last edited by Justthe3ofus; 03/14/14 11:22 PM.
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation