Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
BrainHurts #2791158 03/24/14 07:44 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I don't feel like he answered my question at all. He just said don't start working until Aug.

Prisca #2791159 03/24/14 07:48 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Prisca
This is what concerns me, fc. You are going to be gaining at his expense.

You do not have to get a job in order to get out of the house or do something fulfilling.

What did you do to fill the days? Didn't you have days where you just felt "What would happen if I weren't here? Would anybody even care?"

L
L
Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
I don't feel like he answered my question at all. He just said don't start working until Aug.

He said that you and he are making progress and that when you and your H are in love again, that will be the time to go back to work.

Meanwhile, can you and your H brainstorm for ideas on how you can happily fill your time until then? Are there online classes you could take? Are there some activities you and other women, maybe other mothers could do together?

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
S
S

You do not have to get a job in order to get out of the house or do something fulfilling.

What did you do to fill the days? Didn't you have days where you just felt "What would happen if I weren't here? Would anybody even care?"

I work from home and I don't have any idea where all the time goes. Work doesn't fill up that much of my day, but between house work, little projects that I always have going on the side (organizing, decorating, etc), taking the dogs on a walk, cooking, reading, posting here on MB, exercise, running errands, the day goes by so quickly.

I wish I had more time, I would take an online class in a second.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2791340 03/25/14 01:37 PM
L
L
I also work from home - very parttime - as a bookkeeper. I love it. It doesn't take more than a few hours every couple of days, so I have to find other ways to keep myself busy and productive.

I found dance classes in my area - they are wonderful and only with women. It's healthy and gets me out and the women there have become part of my friends circle.

I thought it would drive me crazy to be at home this much, but as it turned out, I just had to find my niche in our new community. In our own case, working outside the home in regular employment wasn't our answer. It didn't fit with the lifestyle we want to keep. So same challenge even though different circumstances.

In our last city, I found Mommy and Me cooking classes. I took my granddaughter to those and that was fun for both of us.

Keep looking. My daughter had to completely rebuild her life after she was working full-time then had her baby. Then she had three more babies and is home full-time. She had to find ways to be with other women out of the home throughout the week to keep from going nuts.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
P
P

Yes, I did.

This last winter, I organized an effort to help a hurting family -- the husband's ww had left the family for her OM, abandoning her 4 children and taking her paycheck with her. The hurting BH was struggling to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads, and had no way to give his children gifts for Christmas. I lead a group to raise funds, collect items, shop, and wrap gifts for each child. We took a van load to their house, along with a tree. It took a lot of work, and was very fulfilling.

A few years ago, I organized an effort to help a family in Africa build a home. The family was having to live apart, in different towns, because they had no place of their own. Again, it took a lot of work on my part, and was very fulfilling.

My point? You don't need 9-5 job outside the house to be involved and fulfilled in life. Plenty of opportunities for activities or projects or groups are out there. I encourage you not to lock yourself into just accepting only one solution to the problem you face.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2791352 03/25/14 02:14 PM
P
P
In addition, you are more likely to feel that way when you are not in love with your husband. This is a big part of the reason why we push you to build a romantic relationship with him.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

G
G
FC,

One issue I see is that the school environment is loaded with affairs, this was true when I was in high school and from teachers I have spoken with it is still true.

As long as you tell your BH everything that happens at school, and report other teachers for inappropriate comments, complementing you hair is inappropriate, I don't see an issue.

You might also cleanse the temple so to speak by dropping a dime on those who are know to be having an affair or allowing your BH to do so.

God Bless
Gamma

Gamma #2791472 03/26/14 06:21 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Those are all really great ideas. I really appreciate having others empathize with my feelings. FTF emailed several MMO organizations that we could take our daughter to which I also appreciate. It makes me feel like he understands how I feel.

I would love to find an exercise class with other women. and take violin lessons and ballet class. They all cost money though and I feel like I can't do those things if I am not pulling my weight with the income. That's why I am searching for something part time.

P
P
I would love to find an exercise class with other women. and take violin lessons and ballet class. They all cost money though and I feel like I can't do those things if I am not pulling my weight with the income.
How does FTF feel about that?
Why not brainstorm ways to do one of those things this summer?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
I would love to find an exercise class with other women. and take violin lessons and ballet class. They all cost money though and I feel like I can't do those things if I am not pulling my weight with the income. That's why I am searching for something part time.

Exercise classes are very cheap depending on where you go. You could join the YWCA or even start a neighborhood exercise class of your own. Have you thought of that?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2791728 03/26/14 04:43 PM
S
S
Agree. I don't spend much money on exercise classes. The ones I go to are like $5 a class but mostly I do it from home, DVD (every kind imagineable is avail, including ballet inspired, which I have and they are great) and YouTube.

I started playing the piano again last year. I just got the books and started reteaching myself. Don't really have the time or $$ for formal lessons, it's still fun. I am not looking to become a professional anyway so it's not a big deal. Oh, I bet there are violin lessons on Youtube...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
T
T

If you husband is pulling in a good income and can afford these purchases you should not feel bad.

However if money is tight. Then you do not do those things.

TheRoad #2791916 03/27/14 08:57 AM
C
C
...Or start a walking group in your neighbourhood. (free)

...And there are ways to do music that are free... I joined a community handbell choir, where many of the members started without being able to read a note of music. (free)

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
catwhit #2792008 03/27/14 12:52 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Handbells sounds like fun!!

F
OP Offline
F
Well I just signed up to be an online teacher and looked into MMO programs for our daughter. It's a great start!

B
B
Well I just signed up to be an online teacher and looked into MMO programs for our daughter. It's a great start!
What does an online teacher have to do? Was FTF enthusiastic about it?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2792881 03/30/14 01:10 PM
B
B
Here's your question about going back to work.
Radio Clip of feuillecouleur's question

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2793244 03/31/14 06:02 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
What does an online teacher have to do? Was FTF enthusiastic about it?

Online teachers have a class full of students but all the work they do is online. You can do it from home.

F
OP Offline
F
He said he was enthusiastic about it

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation